Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is that the one where you have to wing suit down mountains and through gaps? I found that incredibly frustrating.

Yupp the very one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I got mine from a clutch Nixon base jump somewhere up north, can't remember where exactly sorry. Look for the different clutch Nixon icons in Jacobs region and look for a base jump one.

Huh i did that one, no trophy tho :/

Is this the Like A Bird achievement / trophy??? Thats cumulative doesn't have to be in one go you can just jump out of a plane / helicopter and use the wingsuit and then land and go again. For PS4 you should be able to track progress in the challenges I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, I picked up the wingsuit trophy by base jumping or throwing myself out of a helicopter/plane and just going as far as I could.

Popped it pretty early actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Fc 4 was the same, in Fc 3, I loved doing them all silent, here I couldn't give a damn really.

Gas i am the exact same in FC5 i go in all guns blazing now but in FC3 and every other one it was always a stealth approach. Not sure why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just got one more main mission to do and my three week stay in Hope County will come to an end.

I am disappointed that the classic edition of FC3 will just be a rerelease i assumed it would be some sort of remaster, maybe not a full one but a resolution bump at least.
    Who would buy it otherwise if it is going to be the exact same presentation as the ps3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im really enjoying this so far, more so than the previous one's it doesnt give me that whole map icon fatigue from previous games.

I'm really enjoying it, perfect to dip in and out of and once you realise that the best way to play the game is to pick a direction and just go for it the quicked the game turns into an absolute blast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've just started playing this last night on PS4, my first ever Far Cry game. Having a great time so far being a stealth assassin with the bow and arrow on Dutch's Island.

• Advertisement

I only found out last night you can tow those trailers the cult have around the place with the trucks. Small inconsequential detail that made me happy. Delivering cargo with the widow maker truck could have been a fun side mission.

I only found out last night you can tow those trailers the cult have around the place with the trucks. Small inconsequential detail that made me happy. Delivering cargo with the widow maker truck could have been a fun side mission.

That is a very nice truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

that ending cracked me up :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone wanna boost the 100 kills online trophy later?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got all the multiplayer trophies last night, pain in the ass.

Got a round to finishing this last night.

Loved the first few hours but it strated grating, so much so that I flew through Jacobs region with half the map undiscovered before I fought the Father, which, if I was starting a 2nd play through, is somewhere I'd start and explore in depth. I think spending far too much time in Faiths region burned me out.

Have a few trophies to clean up now for the platinum and i might leave this alone until the DLC comes out.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    grating, so much so that I flew through Jacobs region with half the map undiscovered before .

Got the plat Sunday night. Same for me, I didn't even complete the last couple of outposts as they weren't fun to clear out, left a load of side content as well, just couldn't be arsed.

Got the plat Sunday night. Same for me, I didn't even complete the last couple of outposts as they weren't fun to clear out, left a load of side content as well, just couldn't be arsed.

I'll probably end up doing the same.

I think I've got only 2 or 3 campaign trophies to go, Fishing rods, take out 4 vehicles with 1 bomb (although I think I missed a good chance of doing that in the first flying mission) and shot down 10 planes.

Rest are online, I've not even played it online yet. :o

I'll probably end up doing the same.

I think I've got only 2 or 3 campaign trophies to go, Fishing rods, take out 4 vehicles with 1 bomb (although I think I missed a good chance of doing that in the first flying mission) and shot down 10 planes.

Rest are online, I've not even played it online yet. :o

Those plane trophies can be gotten easily, have a look at the below videos

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Anyone know if you would need the FC5 disk in order to play the Far Cry 3 remaster or will it just download as a digi title? (Ps4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you would need the FC5 disk in order to play the Far Cry 3 remaster or will it just download as a digi title? (Ps4)
    It's a digital game so no need for Far cry 5 to even be installed on console

grand,trading in FC5 (short review:****e..)

bigphil2 wrote: »
    grand,trading in FC5 (short review:****e..)
    you might need it for the other DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Are you sure about that? Can't see any confirmation of how it'll be accessed. Could be like COD:MW which needed the original disc to launch the digital title...

Are you sure about that? Can't see any confirmation of how it'll be accessed. Could be like COD:MW which needed the original disc to launch the digital title...

Well it's released a month early for season pass owners and then available for everybody in June. If Far Cry 5 was needed, Ubisoft would have let people know by now. It's out on the 29th so maybe wait until then to see if Far Cry 5 is needed.

you might need it for the other DLC

ill pick it up digitally on sale down the line id say..

Think you'll definitely need the game disk for fc3 and the dlc

Finally got all the multiplayer trophies last night, pain in the ass.

Went after these recently, got 100 kills in the end, checked my stats there last night as I still hadnt won 10 featured maps and it says I've only managed to win 9 games and I'm sure the majority of them have been on shovel dodge. :pac:

Its a PITA to get the the 10 featured maps win as there is some truly awful players around, I'm not brilliant myself but I've about a 1.10 KDR.

After that I've to do the fishing trophy and I dont know if I have the heart to go after it, seems another slog.

After that I've to do the fishing trophy and I dont know if I have the heart to go after it, seems another slog.

That is one trophy I will never get. My fishing trips end up in frustration.

• Advertisement

Hours of Darkness DLC is out on June 5th

Advertisement