Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jackrussel wrote: »
    Anyone want to boost the arcade trophies later?

I'll do them with ya if you give me a hand with the co op trophy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finished this yesterday and traded in today. I loved Johns region and the first 7-8 hours were great fun but Faiths region really was painful. I'm glad I haven't played FC4 or Primal or I doubt I would have stayed playing. As others have pointed out, the drug you and abduct you mechanism was a terrible design decision. The story was mostly crap and the endings were nonsensical. Still a good game but a solid 7/10 rather than anything else. I'd just finished AC Origins so might have liked it more if I hadn't just come from another Ubi open worlder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

arcade online is rubbish......... maps are ****e.......thought it would have been better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think after this i might give Ubisoft open worlds a miss, for a couple of years again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I tried to play the single player, it just seems aimless and a bit samey, but I'm enjoying the custom solo journey maps some people are making. I hope they improve the community side of things, it could go for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Co-op fishing is where it's at lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking at a pair of trainers hanging from a telephone line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The sniper trophy is a bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The sniper trophy is a bitch!

On PC its 5 lads from 150m or greater, fairly easy in fairness.

is the PS4 one different?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On PC its 5 lads from 150m or greater, fairly easy in fairness.

is the PS4 one different?

Its just one on ps4 from 150m or greater, I'm just finding it hard to find a location to do it.

• Advertisement

Its just one on ps4 from 150m or greater, I'm just finding it hard to find a location to do it.

There is little or no bullet drop from 150m with a .50 cal aim for the head and stick a marker on the outpost to gauge distance , I reset the outposts to complete the list of challenges and the Marina is a decent one for that and the death from below ones.

You can do with the Bow and Explosive if you are struggling, use standard arrows to gauge the drop << this is way more fun :D

Co-op fishing is where it's at lads.

Ummm yes it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Other side of a bridge on a roadblock in John's section of the map. Used the entry level sniper you pick up from cultists at the start of the game - the one with what seems a pathetic 1.5x magnification. Oddly, there didn't seem to be any real bullet drop. Had to aim dead centre of the crosshairs. Need to check difficulty settings maybe.

FC5 isn't clicking with me at all. I don't what it is. Am I burned out with these types of games (I've finished them all except Instincts), or I am just getting intolerant and lazy in my old age? Loved silently taking down outposts in 3 (less so 4), but here I'm just charging in like lunatic with a shotgun. I don't know is it the map. As pretty as Montana is, it just feels a bit dull to me. Also, the magically appearing cultists give me flashbacks to FC2, which is a part of why I felt that game was slightly broken.

Found the same thing with the outposts and stopped doing them altogether unless I needed points to progress. Alarm going off? Don't care. In previous games I was all about sneaking in and taking care of the alarm first then freeing any wild like to assist me. Here I did that on the first one, all hell broke lose so blasted everything in sight and kept at it for subsequent ones. It was just less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not pushed about alarms either. Just send Cheeseburger in to cause havoc and me and boomer clean up the stragglers.

Completed the second area, the boss fight was a lot more straight forward. Some sniper on a mountain top. Checks load out and I've left my sniper back in base. Had one rocket left and blew him to kingdom come from the bottom of the mountain. Oddly satisfying but very easy. Then had to suffer through another unskipable cut scene.

Found the same thing with the outposts and stopped doing them altogether unless I needed points to progress. Alarm going off? Don't care. In previous games I was all about sneaking in and taking care of the alarm first then freeing any wild like to assist me. Here I did that on the first one, all hell broke lose so blasted everything in sight and kept at it for subsequent ones. It was just less hassle.

Fc 4 was the same, in Fc 3, I loved doing them all silent, here I couldn't give a damn really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Where are people getting armour in the multiplayer?

Where are people getting armour in the multiplayer?

Single player perks carry over I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Single player perks carry over I think?

Ouch. That's going to hurt.

Just played anther team death match and the enemy were flying choppers lol. Us with pistols lol.

Ouch. That's going to hurt.

Just played anther team death match and the enemy were flying choppers lol. Us with pistols lol.

Thats just **** mapobject placement making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

feck sake i got the discount code with my ubi points and missed the place to put it in and paid full price Q_Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So is Far Cry 3 still the best? Haven’t played one, might wait for the re-release or a dirt cheap Far Cry 4.

There doesn’t seem a whole lot between them?

So is Far Cry 3 still the best? Haven’t played one, might wait for the re-release or a dirt cheap Far Cry 4.

There doesn’t seem a whole lot between them?

3 is the best of the modern ones. Wait for re-release as if they are giving it for free in the season pass in far cry 5 then I can't imagine it'll be more than 20 euro and play it with updated visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

3 is the best of the modern ones. Wait for re-release as if they are giving it for free in the season pass in far cry 5 then I can't imagine it'll be more than 20 euro and play it with updated visuals.

Visuals will be the same as its just a rerelease. They're not doing anything with gameplay or graphics.

Visuals will be the same as its just a rerelease. They're not doing anything with gameplay or graphics.

Really? That's disappointing, I just assumed they would have increased the res

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think it's got a tiny improvement and FPS has been improved across the board, but it does appear to be almost identical. Would FC4 be a better first dip into Far Cry then? On PS4 obviously!

Far Cry 3 is the best imo but I spent a lot of time trying to find my way around mountains in 3 and 4, in 5 I just go over them. There's a better flow to the game in 5 in terms of advancement, lot of places in 4 were locked until you'd done various things and I'd lost interest by the time I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone got the 5000m base jump achievement?

Where did you jump from?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone got the 5000m base jump achievement?

Where did you jump from?

I got mine from a clutch Nixon base jump somewhere up north, can't remember where exactly sorry. Look for the different clutch Nixon icons in Jacobs region and look for a base jump one.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I got mine from a clutch Nixon base jump somewhere up north, can't remember where exactly sorry. Look for the different clutch Nixon icons in Jacobs region and look for a base jump one.

Is that the one where you have to wing suit down mountains and through gaps? I found that incredibly frustrating.

Advertisement