Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I finished Faiths island last night, I've still got 3 outposts to liberate and about 15-20 side missions in here area that I'll probably get too before moving onto Johns region and then going to Jacob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I figure i'm going to be over powered before too long. I've put 15 hours in and still haven't left John's area. Doing all side missions and pepper thingys.

I always do this with open world games i hate thinking that i might be missing something interesting so spend way to long with the side stuff, eventually get bored and shelve the game ( see fallout and the witcher for most recent examples)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

weiland79 wrote: »
    I figure i'm going to be over powered before too long. I've put 15 hours in and still haven't left John's area. Doing all side missions and pepper thingys.

I always do this with open world games i hate thinking that i might be missing something interesting so spend way to long with the side stuff, eventually get bored and shelve the game ( see fallout and the witcher for most recent examples)

You will defiantly be overpowered by the second island I actually stoped caring about going for prepper stashes missions because I had all the perks that suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm probably over powered too, I see there is a trophy for acquiring 50% of the perks and I'd say I'm not far off that TBH and I'm still clearing up Faiths mess, side missions and the like.

I'm close to work so go home for lunch and get in a decent 30/45mins of FC most days, its curse and a delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm probably over powered too, I see there is a trophy for acquiring 50% of the perks and I'd say I'm not far off that TBH and I'm still clearing up Faiths mess, side missions and the like.

I'm close to work so go home for lunch and get in a decent 30/45mins of FC most days, its curse and a delight.

My wife has taken the kids to wales for the week. Ive been getting a half hour in before work.

Im 42 thats just a bit ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

weiland79 wrote: »
    My wife has taken the kids to wales for the week. Ive been getting a half hour in before work.

Im 42 thats just a bit ridiculous

Yup should have taken the week off or rang in sick.

Shocking behaviour that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Finished it today. Just blasted through it quickly. Time constraints.

Enjoyable enough story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Finished tonight 1000gs happy with the ending over all but felt a bit telegraphed.
    The whole game it's obvious he wanted you to listen to him and glad glad you didn't kill Joseph as it would have made him a martyr but I did see the nuke coming

Overall a good game but not a great one I think. I think only one mission forced you into the air, they didn't make full use of the world they created and instead went for a bonkers story which is ok by me but the repetition was not as there was no excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Finished tonight 1000gs happy with the ending over all but felt a bit telegraphed.
    The whole game it's obvious he wanted you to listen to him and glad glad you didn't kill Joseph as it would have made him a martyr but I did see the nuke coming

Overall a good game but not a great one I think. I think only one mission forced you into the air, they didn't make full use of the world they created and instead went for a bonkers story which is ok by me but the repetition was not as there was no excuse for it.

Yeah I agree, I traded it in this morning against a 7.1 Surround Headset as there was nothing else out I wanted.

It was fabulous looking and sounding game but nothing great other then that an the AI needs to be really looked at. I had great hopes after 1st area but the other were meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I haven't even been able to play this since finishing Johns area. Normally, with a new game, it's all I play, but there's no want to go back to this. Same happened with FC4 & Primal. I'll try again over the weekend but I can see myself trading this in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Almost to the end of faiths region, what a slog. Tempted to trade it if I can get good value and rebuy it in a sale once the dlc's are out.

That live event was shyte, definitely not enough to keep you playing it after end game of that's the way they'll carry on.

Still a brilliant game and have plenty to do mission wise but the story has definitely showing weakness with all 3 bosses doing the same thing of repeatedly kidnapping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Still a brilliant game and have plenty to do mission wise but the story has definitely showing weakness with all 3 bosses doing the same thing of repeatedly kidnapping you.

I didn't want to ask in case that was the answer, but this is putting me off more! Think I might follow you and trade it in and pick it up again when its gone cheap and all the DLC is out. Have the season pass already, so that would probably be the best bet.

Already sold got 50quid paid 56 so not a bad 6euros spent lol

This why I will never go all digital

I know someone who just popped down 80euros for the gold edition and was complaining about far cry 4 being the same thing and was boring lol that's just crazy to me to then spend 80euros digitally with no comeback

Where did you get 50? I see cex are offering 40 cash money

Where did you get 50? I see cex are offering 40 cash money

Sold to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had to look through dog sh1t to find a key for a prepper stash.

Finished it and did both endings. Liked it overall despite the incredibly annoying repeated abductions by the cult leaders. I hate that song "Only You" with a passion now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished it tonight. Overall I'd give I'd give it a 7 or maybe an 8 after a good few patches.

Two things I really liked in the game: the soundtrack and the interactions between the guns for hire.

John was my favorite area but I'm pretty sure that's because he was the first I did and the open world fatigue hadn't set in yet.

Most of the game felt like a slog as others have said and I feel like I spent most of it flying around in a helicopter trying to grind resistance points so I could expierience the next kidnapped/drugged sequence which were hit and miss.

Spoilers for the ending:
    I got the 'good' ending and I actually really enjoyed it and thought that having Joseph being so desperate to be right that he would use the nukes missing from the bunkers to cause the collapse would be a really good curve-ball.

Then I saw that Ubisoft clarified to Polygon that that's not the case and if you listen to the radio it literally tells you that North Korea are about to fire nukes.
    This reinforces one of my main gripes with the narrative: Everything is telegraphed to the point that the 'twists' are painfully obvious. Your character killing Eli would've been a cool surprise but at that point you'd done the doom-esque Jacob sequence 3 times and Pratt basically tells you what'll happen the third time.

Overall I felt this was a missed opportunity because Joseph, Jacob and John were interesting characters who you could trace their descent into the cult amd they could've been the focus of better story. Faith was pretty boring imo.

• Advertisement

Got an email ad for the DLC after finishing the game that gave me pause and made me think there would be more story DLC as well as the 3 non story ones we know of. The title
    now the collapse is upon us
    and how the ending played out good or bad I'd not be surprised to see a
    scorched earh yeah now you can guilt free kill him DLC

Yeah ubi said there were 3 unannounced DLC packs coming.

Finished it tonight, really enjoyed the ending.
    Completely missed the North Korea news report. Ended up me and Joseph sitting in Dutch's bunker. Must look up how else it could have ended.

Completely missed the North Korea news report. Ended up me and Joseph sitting in Dutch's bunker. Must look up how else it could have ended.

Just reload your game. The last save point is right outside Joseph's church. Takes 10 minutes tops to do both endings.

Just reload your game. The last save point is right outside Joseph's church. Takes 10 minutes tops to do both endings.

That sounds like a lot of work :D

Theres 3 endings, they have the
    now usual finish the game at right there the beginning one in there too, you just refuse to arrest him

They are announced :confused:

Mars, Vietnam and of course Zombies. (Far Crr3 redux too earlier than anyone else)

FC5_Season_Pass_Horizontal_16x9_1517509365.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They look fun!, guess I'll leave it installed so after I finish .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I haven’t finished John’s area yet, but I’m very disappointed with the story. It started out excellently, and I was expecting it to keep going. There’s so many other ways you could meet the family other than being drugged. I think the Farcry games are always weak on the story front, so I don’t know why I expected different.

Story aside, it’s a great game. I love the setting. Unfortunately I am one of those people who can’t stick open world fatigue and it will catch up to me, but I’m having great fun before it does.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They are announced :confused:

Mars, Vietnam and of course Zombies. (Far Crr3 redux too earlier than anyone else)

FC5_Season_Pass_Horizontal_16x9_1517509365.jpg

They are the announced ones, there are another 3 unannounced DLC packs. Doubt they will be offset of the season pass, who know, but another 3 are being announced.
    Can't find the interview where game director Dan hay said that but he definitely did.

• Advertisement

I have the season pass and it only mentions those 3 unless they are bringing out free ones as they have for GR and the Division/Siege.

You play as Nick Rye in the Mars one and I guess Larry will be there somewhere.

Advertisement