Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What you mean you'd pick Murray over ${MyPlayer} even though he's overseas?! This is typical favouritism, Munster Rejuvenation Project at its worst!!!

See, I just turned it into a 4-way.

It's actually a beautiful catch 22:

If Murray is picked, it's the IRFU/head coach telling Munster players they can leave without prejudice.

If Murray is not picked, it's the IRFU/head coach unfairly punishing a Munster player in a way that never happened to Sexton.

The only wild card in this is the coach (as by then Schmidt will likely be gone) - should it be someone like Rassie, the reaction might be more muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It's actually easy to work out. It'll be whoever is playing the same position as a provincial contender.

So for example if Conor Murray goes to France, suddenly Connacht fans will despise John Cooney, Leinster fans will despise Kieran Marmion and Ulster fans will despise Luke McGrath. I'd say we may be in for our first three-way hatefest.

This is factually incorrect, Ulster fans will always continue despising only David Nucifora. Particularly in matters related to scrum-halfs.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kieran Treadwell is the only one of Ulster's Ireland call-ups that's made the journey to SA so presumably other provinces will be without their call ups this week too by and large.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

awec wrote: »
    Kieran Treadwell is the only one of Ulster's Ireland call-ups that's made the journey to SA so presumably other provinces will be without their call ups this week too by and large.

Why? Ulster are the only team trekking across the planet. Connacht and Munster are at home and Leinster are in Scotland. I'd see we'll see a good few of the Irish squad players involved in some manner, particularly the fringe players and players very short on game time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

awec wrote: »

I would imagine that they will be without their call ups for training during the week and if they can integrate their (non first xv) call ups in for the team they will be welcome to.

• Advertisement

Bazzo wrote: »
    Why? Ulster are the only team trekking across the planet. Connacht and Munster are at home and Leinster are in Scotland. I'd see we'll see a good few of the Irish squad players involved in some manner, particularly the fringe players and players very short on game time.

I say by and large because I would expect any semi-important player to be rested unless they've a real shortage of game time. They'll probably be in Carton House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Just to brace people for it, I'd say that it's an 80% probability that he'll be in the 23, 50-50 as to whether he starts.

It's going to get ugly.

Buy..but... but...the Kearney bros are Adonis like in their collective beauty...there will be no ugliness here at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Conway facing disciplinary panel tomorrow : ban range from 2 to 10 weeks
    someone said (not me), in the comment section  "looks bad, and doubtful that’s a low end. Mid range is 6 weeks, and taking into account that he’s not Hartley that should come down to 3… That’s touch and go, but considering he wouldn’t be allowed be in Ireland camp during that period is likely Joe will replace him."

connachta wrote: »
    someone said (not me), in the comment section  "looks bad, and doubtful that’s a low end. Mid range is 6 weeks, and taking into account that he’s not Hartley that should come down to 3… That’s touch and go, but considering he wouldn’t be allowed be in Ireland camp during that period is likely Joe will replace him."

Tbh, a week would be too long, but we shall see

I'd be frankly astonished if he got anything near 6 weeks. At most he'll get a week if that, I'd say the on-field punishment will end up being enough.

You've had a number of posts on this now and it's quite clear you are hoping for enough of a ban that O'Halloran get's a call up. Apart from the fact that it may not be him, it's a crappy way to get into a squad to be honest and unless O'Halloran improves his game it's just a stop gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Why would he be prevented from attending training??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

It will be 2 cut to 1 IMO (thats what stander got for his red v SA). Anything more is ridiculous. He apologised immediately to both player and ref and unless he forgets his tie tomorrow or pleads innocent common sense should prevail.

I'd be frankly astonished if he got anything near 6 weeks. At most he'll get a week if that, I'd say the on-field punishment will end up being enough.

You've had a number of posts on this now and it's quite clear you are hoping for enough of a ban that O'Halloran get's a call up. Apart from the fact that it may not be him, it's a crappy way to get into a squad to be honest and unless O'Halloran improves his game it's just a stop gap.
    NO 100 times  NO
    I said and  say again he deserves 2 weeks IMO (no intention)
    Just pointing out it's tomorrow we'll see if he's replace with Ireland or not

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

NO 100 times NO
    I said and say again he deserves 2 weeks IMO (no intention)
    So your interest in Conway is purely down to whether he gets replaced in the Ireland camp or not. And by extension your belief that TOH would replace him.

That's clear enough.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    NO 100 times  NO
    I said and  say again he deserves 2 weeks IMO (no intention)
    So your interest in Conway is purely down to whether he gets replaced in the Ireland camp or not. And by extension your belief that TOH would replace him.

That's clear enough.
    What is clear enough is I don't think he deserves more than 2. I'm honnest and it's what matters. But I'm not the judge and if TOH is called, whatever the reason/circonstance is, I'd be happy of course.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What is clear enough is I don't think he deserves more than 2. I'm honnest and it's what matters. But I'm not the judge and if TOH is called, whatever the reason/circonstance is, I'd be happy of course.

Why would he not be able to join the squad if he got a ban?

You seem very anxious about it. Perhaps you should start a hashtag on twitter: #prayforandrew or #twoweekswouldbefinethanks would seem appropriate.

Stheno wrote: »
    Why would he not be able to join the squad if he got a ban?
    Because #justicefortiernan ;)

#justicefortiernan
    AND
    #twoweekswouldbefinethanks

No guarantee it will be TOH called up
    #JJSaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    It will be 2 cut to 1 IMO (thats what stander got for his red v SA). Anything more is ridiculous. He apologised immediately to both player and ref and unless he forgets his tie tomorrow or pleads innocent common sense should prevail.

That's what I expect too
    Anything longer Would be very harsh

Have just seen a tweet from Ultimate Rugby in relation to Bundi Aki....it's going to catch a bit of flak

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Has it been deleted? What was it?

Hope it shows, only saw it tonight, busy all day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That he also qualifies for Samoa, that one?

EDIT: just saw your attachment now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That looks like a screenshot of a facebook post. Grim enough.

facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

damianmcr wrote: »
    Has it been deleted? What was it?

It's not a tweet, it was a Facebook post. Erik is a bit off the pace, social meeja backlash is already in full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

There's another screenshot going around showing Zebo and O'Driscoll liked the Facebook post. Dumb enough thing to do.

• Advertisement

It's not a tweet, it was a Facebook post. Erik is a bit off the pace, social meeja backlash is already in full swing.

Sorry, it showed on my Twitter feed... apologies, I wasn't on twitter until half an hour ago... no Facebook..thank Christ

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement