Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rumour has it that Joe has been kidnapped and a lookalike is currently in his place. Seems this lookalike wants to change things up

And still TOH cant get picked

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I held myself back on making an RK comment. It was extremely difficult. But if you get somewhere close to where you might like to see Ireland in the future you have to be thankful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It's crazy to think that SOB only has 49 caps at 30 while Henderson has 32 caps at 25

Really dont remember him having all those appearances!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Rumour has it that Joe has been kidnapped and a lookalike is currently in his place. Seems this lookalike wants to change things up

The real matter of this topic is back, thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It's crazy to think that SOB only has 49 caps at 30 while Henderson has 32 caps at 25

Really dont remember him having all those appearances!

Henderson would have had a lot of bench appearances. It's probably about 4 years since he made his debut now.

• Advertisement

connachta wrote: »

Go you connachta :-)

connachta wrote: »

Ffs let it go.

The real matter is the game is tomorrow. Everything else is irrelevant. The team is picked and the squad depth is being expanded all the time. Thats all that matters

Ffs let it go.

The real matter is the game is tomorrow. Everything else is irrelevant. The team is picked and the squad depth is being expanded all the time. Thats all that matters
    Not a hope Burkie. The point of a forum is purely to address gripes. This thread is doing famously well, The match is secondary

Sat down with a cup of tea and a few left overs from Halloween and watched the 2014 game against South Africa.

We were so so disciplined and well drilled for that game, POM and Ruddock had fine games as did Jack McGrath.

Sat down with a cup of tea and a few left overs from Halloween and watched the 2014 game against South Africa.

We were so so disciplined and well drilled for that game, POM and Ruddock had fine games as did Jack McGrath.

And to top that off TOH was faultless in the last 2016 SA test until Le Roux took him out. What an obvious choice at fullback for Ireland :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

I read a post here that stated kearney is the master who is in the side to teach the young guys.
    First I needed that laugh so thanks
    secondly what is kearney meant to show them - how to be catch balls, how to kick balls, how to run direct and not break the first tackle.
    In rugby defense is king, there is no space, so your 15 needs to be able pass like a 10 and have the ability to quickly counter attack.
    rob kearney should be no where the team - carbery or TOH should be in there. To say anything else is bias or ignorant.

To be fair to Rob he had a really good game about 7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

To say anything else is bias or ignorant.

You couldn't really make your contempt for people who disagree with you clearer than this. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Had an awesome game the only time we beat NZ. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

accensi0n wrote: »

Unfortunately , your argument is invalid as you used the word "awesome"

maybe look at that game again, he was decision less muck as he has been for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭testtech05

He played the best game I've seen him play for Ireland in a long time that day alright. Don't think I'd go as far as awesome though had a few bad mistakes defensively from what I remember.

Hopefully he can get back to some kind of fitness and form quickly and have a strong game tomorrow

I'm just gonna say 'quotes' and then I'm going to bed!

One more sleep

One more sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

how rob kearney or any other established irish international performs this autumn matters SFA.
    how does same players perform against scotland and italy in the 6 nations also matters SFA.
    we have 6 important games coming up for ireland - england, france, wales and 3 Aussies and that is the proper platform to judge our experienced and established players.
    That is the biggest problem facing Schmidt - a lack of real pressurised games, which ireland must win, and their is no room for real experimentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Don't know why you're so focused on Rob, it's Carberry and Conway who kept TOH out of the squad. Maybe you should be writing pages upon pages complaining about them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

In fairness, RK also never played well in the game that never happened. If that game had happened, I reckon he would have been incredible and scored a brilliant try to set us on the road to victory. Ah well...

Zzippy wrote: »
    In fairness, RK also never played well in the game that never happened. If that game had happened, I reckon he would have been incredible and scored a brilliant try to set us on the road to victory. Ah well...

Zzippy, I can understand sarcasm but it has been a long week. Can you dumb your response down for me. Thanks

I was in awe of him some of the time anyway. Awesome rob.

how rob kearney or any other established irish international performs this autumn matters SFA.
    how does same players perform against scotland and italy in the 6 nations also matters SFA.
    we have 6 important games coming up for ireland - england, france, wales and 3 Aussies and that is the proper platform to judge our experienced and established players.
    That is the biggest problem facing Schmidt - a lack of real pressurised games, which ireland must win, and their is no room for real experimentation.

It matters how they play against eng, fra, wales and aus but not against SA? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

It matters how they play against eng, fra, wales and aus but not against SA? Why not?

Hate to reuse a gif, but...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Zzippy, I can understand sarcasm but it has been a long week. Can you dumb your response down for me. Thanks

Dumb it down for you to understand? I think you're asking the impossible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Ffs let it go.

You brought it up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

andymx11 wrote: »
    Could be lucky with the rain avoiding us tomorrow..

Seperate note- my entrance is via Bath avenue, I assume that will be my exit too so is that a handy exit for getting onto the river and walking up to Grand Canal?

Just in case, if you're going for the DART they close Grand Canal after games in Lansdowne. You'll have to get on in Lansdowne or keep walking to Pearse.

how does same players perform against scotland and italy in the 6 nations also matters SFA

It actually matters a lot how every player performs. But when i say 'perform' that doesnt translate into just a playing performance.

We cannot build depth if the new guys arent given a platform to perform. Just giving gametime doesn't build depth. Murray, Sexton, Kearney and Henshaw are a vital ingredient for Aki, Stockdale and Conway tonight (sweetnam and Carbery too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

We have backs with a total of 5 caps between them. We have a bench with lots of players learning the ropes at test level like the Ryan's, Herring, Carbery and obviously Sweetman.

Thanks an exciting selection, whether it was injury enforced or not is completely irrelevant.

I'm really looking forward to tonight. I think we will win because no matter about the rawness of the backs this is an experienced pack with only Heaslip missing. I'm a little worried about the lineout based on how Best went against Leinster, fortunately the guy who caused him problems that day is on the same side as him tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement