Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

that kit is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

irishfan9 wrote: »
    that kit is awful

I like it. I dont know why but i do. Maybe because it isnt just a plain white one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Better than the purple one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Bazzo wrote: »
    Let's have your best captions...

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

Ryan looks quite tall next to Toner.

Wasn't expecting him to be that tall.

Granny15 wrote: »
    Ryan looks quite tall next to Toner.

Wasn't expecting him to be that tall.

Yeah he is the second tallest in the squad at 6"8. I posted elsewhere that he is remarkably filled out for his age. Mike Ross did an ama on reddit earlier in the year and he said the year out with the hamstring injury allowed Ryan to do a lot of upper body work and it shows.

Similarly Jordi Murphy obviously spent the year out packing on a bit of extra power or 'timber' as Ross called it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

Dev: "Reggie told me the switch to turn up his intensity levels is around here somewhere...."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

Look Conor if you flick this switch from side to side, his eyes move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

- F'sake Conor, I told you you'd get a thump next time you claim Zeebs deserved to play tomorrow even if he had gone to France to play soccer.

- (Aki muttering) WTF have I let myself in for with these clowns, and I'd have looked cooler all in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg
    Aki: "I can't tell the difference between Keith Earls and Andrew Conway. I can't look at him without getting weirded out..."

Dev: "See, I told you POM had a Munster tattoo on his neck"

Ryan: "facepalm"

POM: "You told them didn't you Conor ya little fecker"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Aki: "I can't tell the difference between Keith Earls and Andrew Conway. I can't look at him without getting weirded out..."

Dev: "See, I told you POM had a Reggie tattoo on his neck"

Ryan: "facepalm"

POM: "You told them didn't you Conor ya little fecker"

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mistdub

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Funny that when Kearney does that, it's open to ridicule, but when Zebo does it, it goes unremarked. :rolleyes:

For the record that comment was tongue in cheek, I think Kearney is an excellent player and I think there must be some sort of directive from joe regarding how he runs back the ball, in tense top tier international games there is rarely space to perform effective counter attacks, Kearney gets back to his support and ensures possession is retained after receiving kicks, where being turned over leaves you very vulnerable and demoralises a team. It is certainly the percentage option.

However, when there IS space to counter attack, Kearney simply lacks the skill and vision to execute, Hogg, Brown, Halfpenny, Williams, TOH, Payne, Zebo, McKenzie, Folau, pretty much the vast majority of top and medium level full-backs you can think of are superior to him in counter attaching situations.

The trade off for everything else Kearney brings to the table is a pretty good one in my book, particularly in an international
    Game against the Boks. Even in the Six Nations counter attacking opportunities are few and far between. When Kearney is covering the back field and hammering balls back with his left peg it may not look or feel that important, but it really swings the game in your teams favor.

He frustrates me as much as the next man though, it’s unfathomable how a guy who was on a Lions tour in 09 still can’t pass off his right side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

mistdub wrote: »
    However, when there IS space to counter attack, Kearney simply lacks the skill and vision to execute, Hogg, Brown, Halfpenny, Williams, TOH, Payne, Zebo, McKenzie, Folau, pretty much the vast majority of top and medium level full-backs you can think of are superior to him in counter attaching situations.

I agree with much of this, but Halfpenny??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mistdub

aloooof wrote: »
    I agree with much of this, but Halfpenny??

Not a good attacking fullback by any stretch of the imagination, marginally better than Kearney IMO but i can see why you’d disagree, probably shouldn’t have included him in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Article in The Indo on Cian Healy and how he's changed his focus on his physique. Apparently he's slimmed down from 125kg at RWC2015 to 115kg now. I wonder how he's getting on with his hand. After his neck surgery prior to the last WC didn't he have problems closing one of them which almost lead to him retiring? Probably explained him bulking up so much and his increased indiscipline due to frustration around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

sydthebeat wrote: »
    a lot will come down to this young kiwi refs intrepretation here ... hopefully he'll get good help from his touch judges.

Who's the ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Who's the ref?

Ben O'Keeffe

Rory Best interview at Captains run:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Ben O'Keeffe

Heard of him but can't say I know much about him. Can't remember him any matches. Which I suppose is a good thing for a ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rory Best interview at Captains run:

Simon Easterby with the big fishing net. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg
    I knew you wore womens undies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

Dev "I'm telling you bundi, it says made in Ireland here"

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

'No, I won't be your new Zeebs you filth!'

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Murray - "me and Tadhg played 3 tests last summer"

"and then I boxed him in the jaw"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

"just like on the field, act the hard man but no end product"

<Legs it>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭visatorro

Six different starters from soldier field, two years time, God knows how many of tomorrow's fifteen will be available. More people that get gametime the better

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Could be lucky with the rain avoiding us tomorrow..

Seperate note- my entrance is via Bath avenue, I assume that will be my exit too so is that a handy exit for getting onto the river and walking up to Grand Canal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

DORWgH0W0AIxl3i.jpg

"You're connachta ! Im gobsmacked! "
    "And you're awec ! Never woulda guessed. Giz a hug there."
    "Sure. At least neither of us is a closet Leinster fan"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andymx11 wrote: »
    Could be lucky with the rain avoiding us tomorrow..

Seperate note- my entrance is via Bath avenue, I assume that will be my exit too so is that a handy exit for getting onto the river and walking up to Grand Canal?

Wherever you exit, you're best just going up Shelbourne Road/Grand Canal Street then either Barrow St or Grand Canal Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

MJohnston wrote: »
    Wherever you exit, you're best just going up Shelbourne Road/Grand Canal Street then either Barrow St or Grand Canal Quay.

I always get confused coming out with all the people and end up in Ballsbridge EVERYTIME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

visatorro wrote: »
    Six different starters from soldier field, two years time, God knows how many of tomorrow's fifteen will be available. More people that get gametime the better
    Rumour has it that Joe has been kidnapped and a lookalike is currently in his place. Seems this lookalike wants to change things up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement