Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Another person that is cropping up again lately: Nuala Carey. She is in that category of Irish woman that thinks she's more attractive than she actually is.

Ah no, not again. He’ll be going on for hours about her high opinion of herself and her search for a fella.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

smilerf wrote: »
    people from Raheny/Clontarf can sound like they have a d4 accent

Theres a strange phenomenon in working class Dublin that anybody who speaks relatively clearly and grammatically correct is posh or has a d4 accent.

It's a little bit embarrassing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭John arse

if you were shagging nuala,you could get her to pull your numbers out of the lotto as well as your k#@b???:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lost all respect for The Edge when he didn't even take off his beanie walking his daughter down the aisle. Gob****e.

Another person that is cropping up again lately: Nuala Carey. She is in that category of Irish woman that thinks she's more attractive than she actually is.

I had no idea who Nuala Carey was so i googled her. That really is some jawline.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bono is from the northside. His accent is more a hybrid of American and Dublin, he doesn’t have a D4 accent at all.

Any northsider I know that went to mount temple has a more universal accent

• Advertisement

Since you couldn't name the country the pickers came from, I'd say we can discount your post

Good man yourself.....i ' discounted' your opinion/ post when you tacitly endorsed flying in cheap labour from Bulgaria, Romania & Hungary in the middle of level 5 lockdown/ pandemic. Personally, I was agahast at their shenanigans & don't purchase keeling products anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Theres a strange phenomenon in working class Dublin that anybody who speaks relatively clearly and grammatically correct is posh or has a d4 accent.

It's a little bit embarrassing tbh.

Not many people know this but “down the country “ people think the Dublin accent is the north side accent

So a tallaght native would be considered north side to a turf muncher from Roscommon for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Lost all respect for The Edge when he didn't even take off his beanie walking his daughter down the aisle. Gob****e.

THta's a topic on its own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Good man yourself.....i ' discounted' your opinion/ post when you tacitly endorsed flying in cheap labour from Bulgaria, Romania & Hungary in the middle of level 5 lockdown/ pandemic. Personally, I was agahast at their shenanigans & don't purchase keeling products anymore.

Unfortunately, the reality of zero infections coming from Bulgaria, in a job that Irish people didn't want last year or any year before means again..we can discount your post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ah no, not again. He’ll be going on for hours about her high opinion of herself and her search for a fella.

She's now 'annoyed' that people keep asking her about that.

Shouldn't have put it out there if she didn't want to be asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

smilerf wrote: »
    people from Raheny/Clontarf can sound like they have a d4 accent

like i said previously, i'm fully aware a D4 accent doesn't mean you have to be actually from D4....it's just a stereotype/cliche or whatever you want to call it....its outdated terminology by the sounds of it :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the reality of zero infections coming from Bulgaria, in a job that Irish people didn't want last year or any year before means again..we can discount your post

Whatever you say dr . As a front line employee having seen the devastation & loss of life while keelings were up to their shenanigans I can see you're only trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

She's in the media again a lot lately, something that seem to happen very often for some reason, but Derval O'Rourke.

I don't know what it is about her but she always comes aross as being up her own hole anything i've ever seen her on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Marty Morrissey.

Not sure if it's the ultra bright Hollywood gnashers or the fake tan, or just the combination of both, but something annoys me about him. Potato head? It's inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Marty Morrissey.

Not sure if it's the ultra bright Hollywood gnashers or the fake tan, or just the combination of both, but something annoys me about him. Potato head? It's inexplicable.

Wrong thread, it's not inexplicably for people to not stand Marty Morrissey, most people I know can't stand him, he's an annoying twat

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Mairead Farrell
    Lucy whatever on 4fm with that other Larry doing the breakfast show. Pj gallagher
    Niall Boylan and all his playa longs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

James kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Alison Curtis on Todayfm. Filling in for Ian Dempsey this week. Her voice is like nails on a blackboard... constantly giving out the text/ WhatsApp number and name checking todayfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Alison Curtis on Todayfm. Filling in for Ian Dempsey this week. Her voice is like nails on a blackboard... constantly giving out the text/ WhatsApp number and name checking todayfm.

And makes at least one mistake, and always appear to be reading from a script, every single time she is on, even on her own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Whatever you say dr . As a front line employee having seen the devastation & loss of life while keelings were up to their shenanigans I can see you're only trolling

Keeling gives his donation to FG every year, full frap room would defend him no matter the crime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Shaka Hislop

James kavanagh

Is he the fat one or the shrill one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Is he the fat one or the shrill one?

He's the Irish equivalent of Big Gay Al from South Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Oh I can’t stand her! Her voice is spectacularly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That actor fella Jake gyllllennnnhaaaaallll, no idea why, nothing wrong with him as an actor, no idea what he's like as a person.

But every time I see he his face I just want to bash it in

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Oh I can’t stand her! Her voice is spectacularly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Samsgirl wrote: »

did she sneak in children/babies into every topic this week

Bambi wrote: »
    That actor fella Jake gyllllennnnhaaaaallll, no idea why, nothing wrong with him as an actor, no idea what he's like as a person.

But every time I see he his face I just want to bash it in

Very creepy in Nightcrawler , think that might be close to real persona

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Aisling Bea.

She's beautiful, and its great to see her make a career over in the UK. But she is becoming increasingly unhinged on social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aisling Bea.

She's beautiful, and its great to see her make a career over in the UK. But she is becoming increasingly unhinged on social media.

Extremely unfunny. She just seems to try too hard.

Advertisement