Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

An arrogant, spiteful, ill-educated, ignorant, work-shy, mindless, childish, boorish, unhygenic little ogre. If you don't fall in line, you'll experience the tiny man's wrath.

I get a slight feeling that you dont like him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The Virgin Media broadband ad people, them and the IKEA robot, Dumptruck should have smashed it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

Getting away from the " fittest family" cast that no-one seems to warm to..........FERGUS FINLEY..... columnist with the examiner........ find that guy SUPER patronising & arrogant

Speaking of journalism

Neil Francis
    Ewan McKenna
    Miguel Delaney

Pussyhands wrote:
    She must have those yoga pants welded to her.

I'd be dug out of those yoga pants 😂

Anna Geary is a gift from the gods

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Canadian Spacewalker Chris Hadfield.

I don't doubt he's a good and decent guy, but I have to switch off as soon as see or hear him.

• Advertisement

taylor swift

TheG0AT wrote: »
    I'd be dug out of those yoga pants ��

Anna Geary is a gift from the gods

I wonder would you say that if you saw her without the war paint on

TheG0AT wrote: »
    Speaking of journalism

Neil Francis
    Ewan McKenna
    Miguel Delaney

The first two there go out of their way to be provocative and annoying.

Id say your on the money with miguel

The hugs kid off the late late

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

That woman in the new Virgin broadband ad. Even the two lads working with her are thinking about killing her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Jesus yeah. I don't even watch the Late Late Toy show. (Haven't for the last 10+ years) but what the hell is it with the promotion of that kid?

Is his agent Noel Kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah, lads.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Aisling Bea.

She's beautiful, and its great to see her make a career over in the UK. But she is becoming increasingly unhinged on social media.

Is aisling bea irelands idea of an ageing Manic Pixie Dream girl?

What about the nations number one "Karen" as in Ciara Kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know people give RTÉ a hard time and I think if you worked their you’d probably tip along with most of them but I think “Ireland’s Fittest Families” would be the worst most of the the judges are tough going as is the presenter and then you’ve those determined families!

Is aisling bea irelands idea of an ageing Manic Pixie Dream girl?

What about the nations number one "Karen" as in Ciara Kelly?

Interesting...

The Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing I mean. I know that 'character' trope disappeared/ aged out, or something.

In another life, Bea would have absolutely cleaned up in that market. Unfortunately, by the time she turned up, the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope was dying.
    As can be seen in the many, many shows she popped up in where she was meant to be the MPDG, but the show was swiftly cancelled after that. (Trollied, The Delivery Man, Dead boss).

Interesting...

The Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing I mean. I know that 'character' trope disappeared/ aged out, or something.

In another life, Bea would have absolutely cleaned up in that market. Unfortunately, by the time she turned up, the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope was dying.
    As can be seen in the many, many shows she popped up in where she was meant to be the MPDG, but the show was swiftly cancelled after that. (Trollied, The Delivery Man, Dead boss).

I still prefer her to Amy huberman.

Those pixie dream girl actresses like zoey deshanel and kirsten dunst etc struggle to find work nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Pat Kenny. Wait....you said "inexplicably"...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anytime I've dropped in to this thread, the names people have posted have been absolutely explicable as to why they can't stand them.

Finally though, I see named Commander Chris Hadfield and his little pal 6 year old brittle bones kid Adam and I finally get this thread. He's 6 and very ill lads ffs and his soul is beautiful, go boil your heads.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Anytime I've dropped in to this thread, the names people have posted have been absolutely explicable as to why they can't stand them.

Finally though, I see named Commander Chris Hadfield and his little pal 6 year old brittle bones kid Adam and I finally get this thread. He's 6 and very ill lads ffs and his soul is beautiful, go boil your heads.

It's a 'who can you not stand thread' not a 'who do you wish grave misfortune upon' thread.

Nobody's wishing misfortune upon the kid. (And the title of the thread is 'inexplicable' not 'explicable'.)
    I still prefer her to Amy huberman.

Those pixie dream girl actresses like zoey deshanel and kirsten dunst etc struggle to find work nowadays

Bea and Huberman were in that AWFUL comedy that Huberman wrote. Yet even Aisling knew it was a steaming pile, and left before the second series.

Zoey Deschanel... yeah, she had one note, and she over played it. Kirsten Dunst had more range tho. She could legit be chilling in some movies, sympathetic in others.
    Dunst has actually had quite a lot of gigs, recently. She's just taking time out, having gotten married and expecting her second kid.

Dunst is one of those actresses I like as a person. Mainly, when she broke up with Jake Gyllenhaal all those years ago, instead of doing the 'Taylor Swift' type of break-up ('you didn't like my music-you FIEND!!!') she instead went 'ladies, he's a catch-he can cook, he's a gentleman etc etc'.
    It was amicable-she could have taken the low road and insulted him... instead she heaped him with praise.
    Always thought that was classy.

I see named Commander Chris Hadfield.

The guy is an annoying astronaut milking it to death, hes not like helping the homeless or something. I really doubt he was up in space thinking about the esb bill
    It's a 'who can you not stand thread' not a 'who do you wish grave misfortune upon' thread.

Nobody's wishing misfortune upon the kid. (And the title of the thread is 'inexplicable' not 'explicable'.).

Spot on, I think we are all sympathetic to the kids plight and would help him if we could, that said he is annoying.

• Advertisement

Dunst is one of those actresses I like as a person. Mainly, when she broke up with Jake Gyllenhaal all those years ago, instead of doing the 'Taylor Swift' type of break-up ('you didn't like my music-you FIEND!!!') she instead went 'ladies, he's a catch-he can cook, he's a gentleman etc etc'.
    It was amicable-she could have taken the low road and insulted him... instead she heaped him with praise.
    Always thought that was classy.

She rose above it there, thats how to deal with a break up and put yourself in the shop window at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bruno Mars.

Every song is basically him wanting to ride women. I'd say he is a creep.

I wonder would you say that if you saw her without the war paint on

I would, you see her when she was playing camogie with Cork, a natural beauty.

Bruno Mars.

Every song is basically him wanting to ride women. I'd say he is a creep.

You could throw Roy Orbison in the mix there in terms of creepyness.

"I drove all night to get to you, crept in your room, to make love to you"

Creeping in to rooms to have his way

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Slurry spreaders, strike without warning and the consequences can be fatal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The young lad is being used as a pawn.

He's on the late late show AGAIN. That means he's been on it at least 3 times since December!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

You could throw Roy Orbison in the mix there in terms of creepyness.

"I drove all night to get to you, crept in your room, to make love to you"

Creeping in to rooms to have his way

....and driving whilst blind. Irresponsible to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Claudia Winkleman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Inexplicably can’t stand, not “who can you not stand”.

It fails to be inexplicable when you consult your dossier on every female celebrity and list off, in obsessive detail, personal information or make weird veiled reference to something you suspect of being “off” about them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

As someone else has said it's hi parents trying to milk it to get what they an out of it. I wouldn't think he's pushing to be on the Late Late himself, well bar the Toy Show

Advertisement