Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve no issue with this person but why is it that Anne Hathaway seems so disliked ? The few interviews I’ve seen of her she seems a nice enough but she was not well liked it seems.

Agreed. She comes across perfectly well in interviews.

No doubt most of it attributes to jealousy. She’s beautiful, successful, seemingly happily married, with two healthy kids.

Fair play to her. I’m sure the irrational dislike is water off a duck’s back.

Misandrist? Nothing could be further from the truth. I know and love very many beautiful, kind, and thoughtful men: my Dad, my brothers, my partner, my work colleagues.

I'm pointing out that normal and well-adjusted men do not spend their days on the internet abusing female breakfast radio hosts, young women attempting to try out stand-up comedy, female journalists etc. Like how normal and well-adjusted men (and women) don't spend their days abusing politicians on Twitter. It's symptomatic of some underlying issue. These men will never have their own radio show, ever try stand-up, ever write a piece for a national newspaper. They will sit in behind their keyboard spewing hate as they've no healthy way of expressing emotions. And threads like this show that the vast majority of these people are men.
    I was an admin on this site 10 years ago, and we had some issues with chauvinistic and odd men. It's gotten far worse though. As this site slides into insignificance it will become known as a refuge for some deeply damaged men. More issues than National Geographic.

Haha - “I can’t be racist I have loads of friends who aren’t Irish”, pretty much the same logic as your misandry.

The things you mentioned are mostly quite specific put downs one would only make towards men. You make huge blanket statements applied to thousands of posts and posters, you have literally no idea who they are or what they’re otherwise like (or what their gender is). You clearly have some problems with men in general hence your vitriolic and bile filled rant earlier.
    People must not be capable of having nuanced and multifaceted personalities in your view. Every poster of thousands prior to your post must be a basement dweller virgin yeah? Maybe, but unlikely tbh.

How about you do glossy gossip mags next? I find them abhorrent myself, trash journalism targeting celebrities and pulling them down over their looks etc.
    And who reads, writes, and contributes to these magazines for the most part? Women do, millions and millions of them. Should that give one carte blanche to make ridiculous and hate filled assumptions about all of them? And blame all that behaviour on their being women?

No, that would be total nonsense (like your post).

I agree people shouldn’t be ridiculed for things they can’t help like their appearance etc (and haven’t made any such comments). If you think people who put themselves in the public eye and say idiotic things day in and day out should be immune from criticism in a public forum for some reason you are living in La la land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Amirani wrote: »
    Speculating that someone may have had a good bit of sex is hardly disgusting innuendo, it's not 1920s Ireland.

The appearance-based comments are far worse and more hurtful than that. But they're just the sort of things that people say (both genders) on the internet or otherwise. It's unfortunate but that's the way lots of humans are.

In the context and manner it was used I found it disgusting but i do agree about the comments referencing mannerisms and appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Cardi B
    Jimmy Fallon
    Mary Lou McDonald
    Leo Varadker
    Ryan Tubridy
    Michael Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭HBC08

Cardi B
    Jimmy Fallon
    Mary Lou McDonald
    Leo Varadker
    Ryan Tubridy
    Michael Martin

All of them bar maybe Jimmy Fallon are not inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Úna Minh Kavanagh....I presume she's a nice enough young woman.... but her constant whining just annoys me

cms88 wrote: »
    At this stage it would be easier to start asking who actually likes her!

Me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Hamachi wrote: »

No doubt most of it attributes to jealousy. She’s beautiful, successful, seemingly happily married, with two healthy kids.

She’s an awful bore when it comes to accepting awards though. Breathless and seems insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Hamachi wrote: »

It seems things were fine until she did Les Miserables, and then got all preachy.

That and her recent movie choices (the last ten years or so), dodgy accent choices, and some other stuff made me understand why she's disliked.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

HBC08 wrote: »
    All of them bar maybe Jimmy Fallon are not inexplicable.

None of them are due to political standing. Just don’t like their voices and faces so its inexplicable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Tara Stewart on 2fm. Had to turn her off.

Don't get the point of 2fm, more inane chatter than music,

Don't get the point of 2fm, more inane chatter than music,

Top Tip - More than one radio station exists. If you don't like the style or format of a show or station then you can very easily change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Top Tip - More than one radio station exists. If you don't like the style or format of a show or station then you can very easily change it.

Long standing argument here....work situation means majority rules... individuals don't always get what they want

Long standing argument here....work situation means majority rules... individuals don't always get what they want

Perhaps so, but there also seems to be a sort of person who listens to shows he hates just so he can complain about them on the Internet.

Which is very strange behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Judge Rinder

with his pretentious smarter than thou attitude, grinds my gears!

maybe its just for TV

fryup wrote: »
    Judge Rinder

maybe its just for TV

Sit down, I've something to tell you. Not only is the show designed to be entertaining, but he isn't even a real judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Perhaps so, but there also seems to be a sort of person who listens to shows he hates just so he can complain about them on the Internet.

Which is very strange behaviour.

It’s something I can never get my head around. Lads listening to radio stations just to get all “wound up” over the presenter(s).

Some will even use the “listen back” function to listen again with a little notebook to jot down their “flash points”.

Same goes for those watching ‘The Late Late Show’, week in, week out, and tirelessly complaining about it. Bizarre carry on.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Not when you have no access to the radio,

Thats my situation unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭John arse

Nathan carter,just been on the news ahhhhh,doing the oul women love me thing,seems incredibly fake and smarmy ,got the little brother a gig as well,seems to be doing incredibly well though-never off the tv,must have done an apprenticeship with daniel.not going away till he's rinsed all the oul wans it seems.think he might have a little secret too��,everybody now 'ROCK ME mama'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

John arse wrote: »
    Nathan carter,just been on the news ahhhhh,doing the oul women love me thing,seems incredibly fake and smarmy ,got the little brother a gig as well,seems to be doing incredibly well though-never off the tv,must have done an apprenticeship with daniel.not going away till he's rinsed all the oul wans it seems.think he might have a little secret too��,everybody now 'ROCK ME mama'

He lives on the late late show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

fryup wrote: »
    Judge Rinder

maybe its just for TV

He's a snob as well.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    He lives on the late late show as well.
    now be careful,don't say anything derogatory about the late late!jesus christ what ****e,i remember as a child the thoughts of a channel switch would be tantamount to a mortal sin,and the toy show with the billy barry kids-ahhhhh-torture,i think i'd prefer to watch a blank screen and yet rte and tubs plug it incessantly as if you're watching the second coming of christ live.now grown-up(i think)i've found that i have a choice.give me my gogglebox(not the ****e on tv3 now)and graham Norton-happy as a pig in a pile of ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

now be careful,don't say anything derogatory about the late late!jesus christ what ****e,i remember as a child the thoughts of a channel switch would be tantamount to a mortal sin,and the toy show with the billy barry kids-ahhhhh-torture,i think i'd prefer to watch a blank screen and yet rte and tubs plug it incessantly as if you're watching the second coming of christ live.now grown-up(i think)i've found that i have a choice.give me my gogglebox(not the ****e on tv3 now)and graham Norton-happy as a pig in a pile of ****e!

The odd Irish mentality of if something is English then it much be better than omething Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

I'll give you some stick so.

This state effectively gave her a death sentence. She had the courage to speak up for other victims. I'd value her opinion over pretty much all sitting in the government

not only gave her a death sentence but was the victim of vague threats when she refused to keep her mouth shut by some bloated public servant who unfortunately is still knocking about to this day

The odd Irish mentality of if something is English then it much be better than omething Irish
    i'm sorry,what was i thinking?of course the mighty late late is compulsive viewing,what with francis brennan,dermot bannon,twink,marty morrissey,ronan keating(am stopping before head explodes) and more over and over again,sure who would'nt love that,i think they had sheep shearing on once?

i'm sorry,what was i thinking?of course the mighty late late is compulsive viewing,what with francis brennan,dermot bannon,twink,marty morrissey,ronan keating(am stopping before head explodes) and more over and over again,sure who would'nt love that,i think they had sheep shearing on once?

For a person who dislikes it so much you sure do know a lot about it....

For a person who dislikes it so much you sure do know a lot about it....
    you got me there!ps do you work in parochial rte?

you got me there!ps do you work in parochial rte?

No i don't. Now off you go i'm sure you'll find something to watch on your beloved BBC or Channel 4

• Advertisement

No i don't. Now off you go i'm sure you'll find something to watch on your beloved BBC or Channel 4
    yes night night,your loyalty is commendable.i went to the trouble of checking the tv guide for you-good new series there after the news with davy fitz training some troubled youths,sounds good i hope davy isn't too hard on them!have to go-would i lie to you is on at 8 30.(ps film4 very good for the movies)

Advertisement