Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

Still, she gets naked in Ammonite. Film's probably terrible, but lesbian nude scene.
    no not saoirse ronan no god no couldn't look at her that way ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

dzilla wrote: »
    The version that goes on American talk shows and sells them the story that we are all half mad something loose in our mind thick stupid paddys back home who all know each other.

It is her innercity Dublin accent that I reckon is the heart of the matter. No way is that for real. She is originally from Carlow ( physically born in the Bronx ) and was schooled in London and then home schooled... a few years then in Howth... hardly Pearse Street either... loike.

I would say her brain is a labyrinth that even she hasn't found a way out of yet?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is her innercity Dublin accent that I reckon is the heart of the matter. No way is that for real. She is originally from Carlow ( physically born in the Bronx ) and was schooled in London and then home schooled... a few years then in Howth... hardly Pearse Street either... loike.

I would say her brain is a labyrinth that even she hasn't found a way out of yet?

No thanks.

Ah, she's not as bad as Jonathan Rhys Meyers... now THERE's a fella who doesn't know where is brain is at, and doubtful he's gonna find a way out of it either.

Here he is on an interview with Larry King (RIP) in 2018.

(Where the hell is that accent from?)

Five years before, he had the 'Hollywood IRish accent' but hadn't lost his Cork accent.

I'd say he's got a hidden hatred of who he is... explains the drinking issues.

He seems a bit nuts alright.

Thing is, I think most succesful actors develop into being victims of their own circumstance. Throw in his addictions demons and I would say he struggles to come across as genuine, it cannot be easy ,all said.

The reality is that when they are doing the rounds on talkshows they are usually promoting both their current roles and indeed their own careers. If they act the bollocks the studios kick up murder, hence his diatribe of woke crap in the first clip above. They are sat down with a PR team and told to spew out that nonsense, movies have to be sold and it is the cast that is essentially selling those movies.

That is all those talk shows are, mild advertising for current media, under the apparent auspicion of it being entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Just saw that dickhead Jared Leto is being brought back as the Joker and is to star in a new Tron reboot along with a load of other new movies.

How did he manage to fall through the cracks of the whole #Metoo saga?. Isn't he supposed to be just as bad as Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby.

• Advertisement

He seems a bit nuts alright.

Thing is, I think most succesful actors develop into being victims of their own circumstance. Throw in his addictions demons and I would say he struggles to come across as genuine, it cannot be easy ,all said.

The reality is that when they are doing the rounds on talkshows they are usually promoting both their current roles and indeed their own careers. If they act the bollocks the studios kick up murder, hence his diatribe of woke crap in the first clip above. They are sat down with a PR team and told to spew out that nonsense, movies have to be sold and it is the cast that is essentially selling those movies.

That is all those talk shows are, mild advertising for current media, under the apparent auspicion of it being entertainment.

I'd say his PR team have given up on him-after his last drunken crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Harry Hill! I think he's a really dislikeable guy, but would find it very hard to define why.
    And after watching the whole of junior bake off I really don't want him (even virtually) in my house or near my kids

FHFM50 wrote: »
    Just saw that Jared Leto is being brought back as the Joker and is to star in a new Tron reboot along with a load of other new movies.

How did he manage to fall through the cracks of the whole #Metoo saga?. He is supposed to be just as bad as Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby.

The Tron reboot's been in development hell for a while. Leto was announced as part of the project back in 2017.
    It's just nobody cares.

As for Leto and the allegations... the problem is, nobody's coming forward to reveal anything. It's all hearsay, anonymous allegations and nobody willing to put their name to anything.

James Gunn spoke up, as did Chris Sprouse. Only problem was, Gunn got #metooed as well. (Historic tweets stuff).

One can state allegations all the time-but unless a victim of Leto's is willing to come forward, nothing will happen.

I mean, Drake is another creep who goes after underage girls. He literally collects them outside their highschools.

I'd say his PR team have given up on him-after his last drunken crash.

He is not paying for PR, the movie production team are.

At the end of the day all actors are just commodities.

I couldn't dislike someone over their addictions issues, especially someone famous, that is all on them and quite frankly we all have our crosses to bear. In saying that I have witnessed him drunk in town one night, it is very very sad. He gets into rows with the wall if no one else engages.

I couldn't dislike someone over their addictions issues, especially someone famous, that is all on them and quite frankly we all have our crosses to bear. In saying that I have witnessed him drunk in town one night, it is very very sad. He gets into rows with the wall if no one else engages.

Soon as he acknowledges he has a problem, the sooner he can recover.

Claiming he has an 'allergy' to alcohol is like me claiming my being overweight is because I have an allergy to food.

Especially when he was tested, and was way over the limit. He's a father now, and a husband... people rely on him. If he can't handle that, then he should never have had a child.

(And he's clearly a mean drunk, didn't he use the N word on one drunken occasion?)

• Advertisement

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Harry Hill! I think he's a really dislikeable guy, but would give it very hard to define why.
    And after Wyatt the whole of junior bake off I really don't want him (even virtually) in my house or near my kids
    nah i like harry hill,he'd be a great lad to go on the piss with!(if you could go on the piss that is;))

John arse wrote: »
    nah i like harry hill,he'd be a great lad to go on the piss with!(if you could go on the piss that is;))
    might be a lotta fights though?

Rita Ora.
    Can't stand her.
    She was supposed to play a concert in pristina, to celebrate Kosovo being 10 years independent.
    The Kosovans are so proud of her, they think she's fantastic. She left everyone waiting over 2.5 hours before she bothered to show up, too busy drinking in the hotel, sang 3/4 songs, then fcuked off again.

And now she's on that absolute muck program 'masked singer' it's rubbish and so is she

just watching tommy tiernan expectantly,first guest ****ing baz ahhhhhhhhh!has tommy sold out i wonder:mad:

Lucy Kennedy and her inane “banter”, has wrecked radio Nova’s morning slot.

Not the slightest bit funny but thinks she’s gas which makes her even more irritating. Even more annoying is her whole playing dumb shtick - and a shtick I truly hope it is, because **** me does she come across like a ****ing idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod

Not the slightest bit funny but thinks she’s gas which makes her even more irritating. Even more annoying is her whole playing dumb shtick - and a shtick I truly hope it is, because **** me does she come across like a ****ing idiot.

It's not an act. She's just that stupid.

I suppose feeling like you're more intelligent than the radio host makes people tune in.

'I may be thick, but at least I'm more intelligent than that idiot'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Liam Neeson. Not really him but just can't watch a film if he's in it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Storm Keating. Her smiling face beside Ro gives me ire! I don't know must about her, never heard her speak but I'd image she is an absolute pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

Storm Keating. Her smiling face beside Ro gives me ire! I don't know must about her, never heard her speak but I'd image she is an absolute pain in the hole.

Gas, because my husband can't entertain his ex Mrs at all. Maybe it's Ronan is the problem!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

bubblypop wrote: »
    Rita Ora.
    Can't stand her.
    She was supposed to play a concert in pristina, to celebrate Kosovo being 10 years independent.
    The Kosovans are so proud of her, they think she's fantastic. She left everyone waiting over 2.5 hours before she bothered to show up, too busy drinking in the hotel, sang 3/4 songs, then fcuked off again.

And now she's on that absolute muck program 'masked singer' it's rubbish and so is she

Another one of these manufactured singers who thinks they're the greatest thing to happen to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

This is a bit of a left field one. While others have said the The 2 Johnnies before and i actually don't mind them. But the producer Maura. She's so far up her own hole it's actually unreal. The way she talks about dating etc you'd think he was some sort of super modal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That “banter” is what their show is based off and neither herself or Colm Hayes (who may actually be worse than her) have the genuine wit or funniness to pull it off.

The back and forth they have is 99% of the time utterly lame and overly contrived.

Something along the lines of this example.

Colm: “I’d love the opportunity to host Love Island”.

Lucy: “What?!!! You have have Island?”

Colm: “No silly. I mean host the show itself”.

Lucy: “OMG!!!!! I thought you meant host a party for the stars of the show on an island you own”.

*cue eight hours of laughing at this hilarious “bit”*

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That “banter” is what their show is based off and neither herself or Colm Hayes (who may actually be worse than her) have the genuine wit or funniness to pull it off.

The back and forth they have is 99% of the time utterly lame and overly contrived.

Lucy: “OMG!!!!! I thought you meant host a party for the stars of the show on an island you own”.

ShagNastii wrote: »

Exactly

Hearing her go on is so annoying, it makes me want to stick my finger through my eye into my brain and swirl it around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

His mother had a drink problem as well so its in the genes unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Colin Murray
    He's a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smilerf wrote: »
    Colin Murray
    He's a dickhead

Never heard of the lad, but I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gary Barlow,i dont know why i have really taken a turn against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Cerveza wrote: »
    Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod

Really? I didnt think she was a glutton for the mutton

Advertisement