Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

John arse wrote: »
    yes night night,your loyalty is commendable.i went to the trouble of checking the tv guide for you-good new series there after the news with davy fitz training some troubled youths,sounds good i hope davy isn't too hard on them!have to go-would i lie to you is on at 8 30.(ps film4 very good for the movies)

Well it seems you would lie as you said it's on after the news. but it's on at 8 30 so that's before the news...

Seeing as Film4 is a movie channel i would think it'd be good for movies alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭John arse

cms88 wrote: »
    Well it seems you would lie as you said it's on after the news. but it's on at 8 30 so that's before the news...

Seeing as Film4 is a movie channel i would think it'd be good for movies alright....
    sorry gran-davy fitz 9 30,my show 8 30.tut tut tut.enjoy davy he's great isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

yes night night,your loyalty is commendable.i went to the trouble of checking the tv guide for you-good new series there after the news with davy fitz training some troubled youths,sounds good i hope davy isn't too hard on them!have to go-would i lie to you is on at 8 30.(ps film4 very good for the movies)

I wonder what will happen?
    Davy will shout.
    One lad will bark back.
    Then they'll have a heart to heart.
    Karen will be on Twitter in tears at somebodies amazing story and praising Davy.
    Then some rag will write an article based on Tweet. ''People were blown away with Davy's new reality show''.

yeah davy's a very strict disciplinarian,i hope he doesn't blow his top altogether in front of those big tv cameras?(ps unusual to see him on rte)(pps sounds like a big budget production?)

yeah davy's a very strict disciplinarian,i hope he doesn't blow his top altogether in front of those big tv cameras?(ps unusual to see him on rte)(pps sounds like a big budget production?)

Of course he blow up a little. He’s one of these tough love type of fellas.

• Advertisement

Of course he blow up a little. He’s one of these tough love type of fellas.
    yeah but he'll be putting it on though pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

cms88 wrote: »
    No i don't. Now off you go i'm sure you'll find something to watch on your beloved BBC or Channel 4

Don't watch rte either yest I know of the people he is on about because they are in adverts, all over social media etc. Can't bloody get away from them

yeah but he'll be putting it on though pal!

He really asks up for the camera but from what I’m told he can be a bit of a git also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I wonder what will happen?
    Davy will shout.
    One lad will bark back.
    Then they'll have a heart to heart.
    Karen will be on Twitter in tears at somebodies amazing story and praising Davy.
    Then some rag will write an article based on Tweet. ''People were blown away with Davy's new reality show''.

Bizzarre move from Davy. Hes no therapist or anything close to it and for some reason he has accepted this project of trying to stabilise the lives of young people with traumas and experiences that Davy cant ever relate to. He must be wanting to branch out and expand his tv career by pretending to care for troubled youths.
    Sad thing is enough people are going to fall for the pull the heartstrings music and crocodile tears from Davy that he will get more exposure. These lads need proper help, not an attention seeker looking for a tv launch pad by using mental illness. Sad.

Bizzarre move from Davy. Hes no therapist or anything close to it and for some reason he has accepted this project of trying to stabilise the lives of young people with traumas and experiences that Davy cant ever relate to. He must be wanting to branch out and expand his tv career by pretending to care for troubled youths.
    Sad thing is enough people are going to fall for the pull the heartstrings music and crocodile tears from Davy that he will get more exposure. These lads need proper help, not an attention seeker looking for a tv launch pad by using mental illness. Sad.
    sad in a myriad of ways!

• Advertisement

Lads doing might want to get on the TV as well.
    They'll be some who'll need help and this may or may not help them.
    They'll probably do some exercises on Instagram and hope to make a bit of money out of it.
    Davy will have loads of stories about lad's he's helped out over the years and that's why he's doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Davy Fitz is a little angry man and an attention seeker, it's not inexplicable to not like him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

They'll probably do some exercises on Instagram and hope to make a bit of money out of it.
    Davy will have loads of stories about lad's he's helped out over the years and that's why he's doing it.

I dont for a second believe Davy has an ounce of compassion in him. Hes no fool and is a successful businessman in his own right. He is cashing in on the current craze of New Age mental health by claiming he wants to help these lads.
    Some clever editing, tears at the right moment and a huge percentage of the nation will be eating out of his hand.

davy's doing it for a paycheck-get real!

davy's doing it for a paycheck-get real!

Of course I know.
    That will be the line he use tough if anybody questioned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Of course I know.
    That will be the line he use tough if anybody questioned him.

Watched one episode... felt frustrating. There wasn't a mental health professional on display (at least, not on camera. If one is listed in the credits, I didn't see it-so I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong).
    You also need a proper medical professional to monitor the lads as they 'sober up'. Telling someone who is possibly and addict to just 'stop' taking subtances is similar to the Donal Walsh anti-suicide campaign of 'don't kill yourself'.... useless, pointless, and potentially dangerous.
    (The body being 'cut off' of drugs can often be like cutting off the supply of food to everyone else.)

Also... will they actually get to a mountain? I mean, this was filmed round the time of Covid. They're probably not even going to leave the country.
    What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod

I wonder how you'd react if someone publicly said the same about your mother/sister/partner

why is that an insult?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod

I wonder how you'd react if someone publicly said the same about your mother/sister/partner

why is that an insult?

Ah, let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ah, let it go.

first I saw of this last night to be honest. so what if she did? its the people thinking thats a bad thing thats the problem.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    first I saw of this last night to be honest. so what if she did? its the people thinking thats a bad thing thats the problem.

and the people complaining have never said or thought anything bad about anyone in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

Has Jennifer Zamparelli been mentioned yet?

useless wrote: »
    Think so, I remember Bridget & Eamon mentioned at some stage.

useless wrote: »
    no no,i'm not having that.she's a kinky fox especially as Bridget:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Katie Taylors voice
    She sounds like the final furlong in horse racing commentary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Katie Taylors voice

Bet you wouldn't say that to her face?

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I think she’s religious. She might hit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Not without ear defenders.

When I was growing up I used really hate those eco warriors who used live in the trees on the N11!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Katie Taylors voice

My godmother has the exact same voice. She's lived in Crumlin her whole life.

Advertisement