Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Hardly what he said. It’s pretty hard to avoid them tbh.

It’s very easy avoid them. I’d only heard of one of them, and know nothing about her.

I just don’t think it’s fair that some girl who has the temerity to work in PR is suddenly fair game around here. That’s nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Hardly what he said. It’s pretty hard to avoid them tbh.

Are you joking? I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen, or heard, any of them.

Maybe if you’re the “type” who sits beside the radio, with a notebook, obsessively listening out for things you don’t like and then re-listening to the playback function online or someone who spends a lot of time trawling through the RTÉ Player, with a sheet of sandpaper for a particularly angry ****, you can easily avoid these women.

Or is it through Irish “entertainment” magazines that you’re perpetually coming across them?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Are you joking? I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen, or heard, any of them.

Maybe if you’re the “type” who sits beside the radio, with a notebook, obsessively listening out for things you don’t like and then re-listening to the playback function online or someone who spends a lot of time trawling through the RTÉ Player, with a sheet of sandpaper for a particularly angry ****, you can easily avoid these women.

Or is it through Irish “entertainment” magazines that you’re perpetually coming across them?

Coarse sandpaper, I presume?

Clear the bell cheddar.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The three of them were in the Indo this week. I’ll read anything when having a coffee etc., they were in it. Doireann is on the cover of one of the women’s magazines that was at the counter when I was doing my groceries this morning.this in particular seems to be an area of the market they’ve cornered (women’s magazines).

Maybe I’m just more observant than others.

I most certainly do not fo looking for them. Never look at the RTE player btw, it never works so I avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It’s very easy avoid them. I’d only heard of one of them, and know nothing about her.

I just don’t think it’s fair that some girl who has the temerity to work in PR is suddenly fair game around here. That’s nasty stuff.

Did I say anything about the girl who works in PR? No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

good for you, you dont know her, others do as she's also an "influencer", and pops up regularly in papers with tedious and vapid articles/stories about her, her attire, her pet , getting married....im sure you and your alt/gimmick accounts would be running in here saving them if they were Garithy brothers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I don't know much about that family but it always makes me laugh how Ian Dempsey is somehow painted as this Svengali figure, pulling all these strings and making sure these women get cushy jobs in RTE. Ian Dempsey who hasn't worked in RTE for a quarter of a century. Breakfast radio and alien puppets Ian Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Fergal Darcy-Today FM. Absolutely cannot stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fr Brian Darcey . I switch off if I spot him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Dickie10 wrote: »
    the met eirrean woman, joanna donnelly , i dont know why but cant stand her doing the weather, she seems really unsure of herself or something kind of stumbles over her words alot, seems very nervous and always seems to go to in depth in explaining the weather, like the whys of the weather not just what it will be. seems she fancies herself as a teacher or something

She used to annoy me too until I learned of her chronic insomnia, might explain why she appears a bit "not with it" in some of her broadcasts.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    She used to annoy me too until I learned of her chronic insomnia, might explain why she appears a bit "not with it" in some of her broadcasts.

Aah heeeyur..... nothing wrong with Joanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Fr Brian Darcey . I switch off if I spot him .

Nasty man, running around after z list celebrities,

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Nasty man, running around after z list celebrities,

Nasty man .? Hey bud that a bit harsh....you may not like him...but to call him a nasty man is out of order....unless you can back it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nasty man .? Hey bud that a bit harsh....you may not like him...but to call him a nasty man is out of order....unless you can back it up ?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/fr-brian-darcys-claims-nonsense-say-sligo-gardai-27592671.html
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/child-murders/

Anything else ?

Nothin really proven in those peices Randy....but have to say I was unaware of this stuff.

Gives a bit of background context to your post.. I will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Brian O Donovan off RTÉ News - the US correspondent. I’m sure he’s a good guy and what he says is perfectly fine but his delivery infuriates me - over dramatic, over emphasising, over excited. Annoying tone of voice too and he does this irritating little hop towards the camera with his upper body every now and then when he really wants to hammer home a point. Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

Lenny Kravitz and the lead singer from 90s britpop outfit Suede. Hate those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Goose76 wrote: »
    Brian O Donovan off RTÉ News - the US correspondent. I’m sure he’s a good guy and what he says is perfectly fine but his delivery infuriates me - over dramatic, over emphasising, over excited. Annoying tone of voice too and he does this irritating little hop towards the camera with his upper body every now and then when he really wants to hammer home a point. Blergh.

I’ll chop his hands off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Goose76 wrote: »

There's something almost 'alien' about him.

• Advertisement

There's something almost 'alien' about him.

That’s Donnelly the new Health minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If he was chocolate he’d eat himself, Brendan.

If he was chocolate he’d eat himself, Brendan.

Have to agree there John, despite a serious insult on another thread .

There’s ageist laws in this country now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Vernon Kaye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Bette Midler.

She sings a duet with Tom Waits on his album Foreign Affairs, and even though I don’t listen to it, the fact that I know it even exists on the CD makes me want to remove it from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Vernon Kaye

Major creep.

Was watching an interview with Rhian Sugden (that girl he was texting with). She suffered enormously for that whole 'affair'.
    Literally couldn't get work for close to two years.

He creeped his way back into the spotlight.

I'd say he absolutely loves himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Coneheads 3 looks further away than ever since his appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The original “Conehead”

Maybe you could judge people by what they actually achieve ...rather than their appearance Dude ?

Might make the rest of us take you a bit more seriously ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i dont know what iwas at around ages 17-24 but i must have watched a huge amount of tv and shows with north of england accents in them . i find the north of england accent very natural to me to speak in. id say if i spent a month on manchester or bradford i would come back fluent, mad how accents get in so easy you depending on them. in late 90s/early 00s that accent was everywhere. like if i hit myself with a hammer on finger or get some shock it comes out inexplicably. like "fooking ell" or phrases like "eh up" i try to stop myself as it come sometimes i just cant. "oh ya dirty baastttad" that was another one if i get hit. anyway vernon kay, peter kay , and paddy mcguinness i blame as well as corrie and emmerdale

Advertisement