Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Maybe you could judge people by what they actually achieve ...rather than their appearance Dude ?

Might make the rest of us take you a bit more seriously ?

We will Nev, don't you worry about that.

Unfortunately apart from blowing hot air and changing sides, he hasn't really achieved anything yet to the best of my knowledge.

Fire up what you consider his achievements there and I'll give them the once over.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

padd b1975 wrote: »
    We will Nev, don't you worry about that.

Unfortunately apart from blowing hot air and changing sides, he hasn't really achieved anything yet to the best of my knowledge.

Fire up what you consider his achievements there and I'll give them the once over.

Can't say fairer than that.

And he’s still a Conehead!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The journalist Mary Kenny.

OMG what a bore. She has been writing since i was a kid and has gotten worse as she went on.

She is pretentious and snobby. She writes for catholic newspapers goes on about going to mass. Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was president Obote ..and he became a dictator. It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened. Now she rights for the Catholic Herald.

She is a pretentious old bag who got more and more right wing as she has gotten older. She was boring even when she was young and slightly wild...and she is even more boring now. She has no talent. Her work reads like woman's own except malicious.

She is a pretentious boring malicious uppity mess. I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

I couldn't stand her when i was a kid. (yes i read newspapers as a kid) And i can't stand her now.
    She would do anything for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The journalist Mary Kenny.

OMG what a bore. She has been writing since i was a kid and has gotten worse as she went on.

She is pretentious and snobby. She writes for catholic newspapers goes on about going to mass. Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened. Now she rights for the Catholic Herald.

She is a pretentious old bag who got more and more right wing as she has gotten older. She was boring even when she was young and slightly wild...and she is even more boring now. She has no talent. Her work reads like woman's own except malicious.

She is a pretentious boring malicious uppity mess. I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

I couldn't stand her when i was a kid. (yes i read newspapers as a kid) And i can't stand her now.
    She would do anything for money.

I never knew she was the origin of the phrase Ugandan discussions.

I never knew she was the origin of the phrase Ugandan discussions.
    Lol ....it came from Private eye. My Dad worked in RTE for years ..it was a running joke. She is not a nice person.

And a still a bit wild and shady by all accounts!

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/if-only-private-eye-had-tackled-our-banking-scandal-26777628.html

• Advertisement

I can't understand how she still is paid to write. All I can think is she slept around when she was young. ( and she did).

Lots of people successfully make and do things I can't stand or don't like, and it would never occur to me to speculate if they owe their continued success to sleeping around.

Most of the time it's aimed at women, usually by other women which is the saddest about it.

Candie wrote: »
    Lots of people successfully make and do things I can't stand or don't like, and it would never occur to me to speculate if they owe their continued success to sleeping around.

Most of the time it's aimed at women, usually by other women which is the saddest about it.

I am woman too ..but i call it as i see it.

Hers is though. ;)

And she is one of the nastiest people in Irish media with zero morals. And the president of Uganda was worse than trump at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was president Obote ..and he became a dictator. It was coined by Private Eye in the UK as that was where the incident happened.

She wasn't caught having sex with the Ugandan president. She attended a dinner party and disappeared upstairs with a senior Ugandan minister and later claimed that they were 'discussing Uganda'. I should know, I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lol ....it came from Private eye. My Dad worked in RTE for years ..it was a running joke. She is not a nice person.

And a still a bit wild and shady by all accounts!

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/if-only-private-eye-had-tackled-our-banking-scandal-26777628.html

I knew the private eye angle but mary never seemed the type for that sort of thing.

.anon. wrote: »
    She wasn't caught having sex with the Ugandan president. She attended a dinner party and disappeared upstairs with a senior Ugandan minister and later claimed that they were 'discussing Uganda'. I should know, I was there.
    You were there ....it was in the UK in the 70's are you a dipolmat?;)

If you were there you know her and know she is AWFUL.

• Advertisement

I knew the private eye angle but mary never seemed the type for that sort of thing.

She is not what she seems.

Anyway. I CANT ****ING STAND HER.

She is so sanctimonious and hypocritical. She has gone quite right wing of late. (only because she is paid to write for a catholic paper imo)

She is basically a more snobby version of john waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Great post number 13.....can't wait for number 14 and subsequent......are you interested in selling the serial rights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You were the Ugandan minister?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why is RTÉ employing or contracting some 76 year old pensioner... quite opinionated, going by her twitter looks like the type that might have an opinion on the way her next door neighbor hangs up their washing... Jesus. Annoying auld ....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Filthy kernt- were you perving?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I did a search for Gemma O'Doherty and for a split second was amazed at how few results came back.

Then i looked at the thread title.

What a c*nt,

Degag wrote: »
    I did a search for Gemma O'Doherty and for a split second was amazed at how few results came back.

Then i looked at the thread title.

What a c*nt,

Yes, a bit off topic but it’s very odd how little info is accessible on some of these folk and even some political parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yes, a bit off topic but it’s very odd how little info is accessible on some of these folk and even some political parties!

Heard you're a fan of Fr. Willie Bulger.

Heard you're a fan of Fr. Willie Bulger.

No John, are you not mixing him up with Fr Phonsie Devine with the scoutmasters shorts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yes the phrase Ugandan discussions came from the time she was caught having sex with the then president of Uganda (i am sure he was a lovely honest man). It was president Obote ..and he became a dictator. .

Not to take away from the odiousness of Mary Kenny, but it wasn't actually President Obote, it was a former minister in his government.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Not to take away from the odiousness of Mary Kenny, but it wasn't actually President Obote, it was a former minister in his government.

So Mary got a bit frisky and fancied a bit of BBC. So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

John Connors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Rory McIlroy and Brian O'Driscoll. Both seem completely sound,alwasy appear classy in public and both are great at what they do and yet I really don't like either of them and the only reason I think I have is because I get the sneaky suspicion they are both massive phonies and are actually too nice to be real and it's all orchestrated to help their image but there is no evidence to back this up so I can't really properly explain why I don't like either of them.

I think my dislike might stem from me feeling that there is something more endearing about people who are flawed and actually can be assholes a lot of time rather than the other way around.

Mcilroy is the most boring man in history. Who takes up "golf" as a teenager?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Truthvader wrote: »

When parents discovered a talent and that in years to come he would be worth millions, he takes up golf !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Truthvader wrote: »

Lots when you live near a golf course,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Mcilroy comes across as anything but "sound" . As for Dricco anyone who went out with Glenda Gilson must be as big a knob as she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Mcilroy comes across as anything but "sound" . As for Dricco anyone who went out with Glenda Gilson must be as big a knob as she is.

Even his nickname... 'Dricco'... sounds like a douche.

Plus knowing all the douchebaggery that's gone on 'off the pitch' in rugby, as well as the court cases, makes me think he's got some secrets to hide.

Saw too many comments on twitter about people's experiences with the 'rugby elite' (many absolutely abhorrent) that makes me look at these folks with suspicion nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Even his nickname... 'Dricco'... sounds like a douche.

Plus knowing all the douchebaggery that's gone on 'off the pitch' in rugby, as well as the court cases, makes me think he's got some secrets to hide.

Saw too many comments on twitter about people's experiences with the 'rugby elite' (many absolutely abhorrent) that makes me look at these folks with suspicion nowadays.

Just Goys having a bit o fun Dude !

Get over yourself........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Just Goys having a bit o fun Dude !

Get over yourself........

I almost missed the sarcasm there. Might be time for coffee, for me anyways. :)

Oh God, you reminded me...

Ross O'Carroll Kelly, or whoever is the guy writing him. Lazy, lazy 'comedy' that's got this audience I don't want to know.

Advertisement