Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

It might have been mentioned before in the thread but in the settings on the visa aib page you can download every single offer you've ever used or been offered. I downloaded my own to see if there was any pattern to them. (everyones may be different) but it looks like each year 10 days before Christmas - Dunnes offer €10 off an €80 shop & around the middle of July each year they give the €5 or €10 off a €50 or €100 shop. - just to add - everyone elses may be slightly different. Ps the quality of offers has seriously declined since this started

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Since when?
    TheChizler wrote: »
    Might be old news but €5 off €20 is back in Circle-k!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Since when?
    It's showing in mine, valid until 5th August.

Alun wrote: »
    It's showing in mine, valid until 5th August.

Yup, I have it showing for all 3 of mine.

On another note, did I read somewhere here that people had to re-register or change details when they were sent out a new card? One of my cards expired recently, but I can't update it in any way that I can see?

Insomnia Coffee
    25% back on your next 5 purchases of €5 or more
    Earn cashback every time you shop for up to 3 qualifying purchases
    Up to 5 cashbacks per account. See full terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yup, I have it showing for all 3 of mine.

On another note, did I read somewhere here that people had to re-register or change details when they were sent out a new card? One of my cards expired recently, but I can't update it in any way that I can see?
    I recently had my card replaced due to the old one expiring and didn't do anything. Still seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

TheChizler wrote: »
    Might be old news but €5 off €20 is back in Circle-k!

Wished I had of read this last night, and I'd have put 3 X €20 worth of diesel in the motor instead of 1 X €60 fill.

Still, half a loaf is better than no bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

Wished I had of read this last night, and I'd have put 3 X €20 worth of diesel in the motor instead of 1 X €60 fill.

Still, half a loaf is better than no bread.

one claim per card. you needed 3 cards to do 3x20e

@alun : some cards renewals just updates the expiration date and cvv number on the back ; the 16 digit card number stays the same , so good to go.
    Issues are happening when the front digits are changing ( for whatever reason )

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Insomnia Coffee
    Earn cashback every time you shop for up to 3 qualifying purchases

5 purchases of €5+ then it mentions up to 3 qualifying purchases???

That's what it says on their website :D
    5 purchases of €5+ then it mentions up to 3 qualifying purchases???

• Advertisement

Earn cashback every time you shop for up to 5 qualifying purchases

Must be a mistake.....doesn't mention a retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Must be a mistake.....doesn't mention a retailer.

Logged on to see that. It’s missing the Insomnia logo. I’m missing cashback from 3 transactions at insomnia a few weeks ago when offer was active.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

SportsDirect.com
    1% back on your next online purchase

Pushing the boat out with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

they have gone expensive in recent years, use to be great prices, much harder to find a real bargain now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've concluded that AIB rewards aren't rewards at all, and that an actual reward only pops up once in a blue moon.

There seems to be even less of the forgettable ones this week. Perhaps they're building up for something really huge? :pac::pac:

Has anyone ever got a reward that they weren't entitled to, simply because they never had any dealings with a particular business? Both myself and my wife received a "few" Euro some weeks ago, and AIB never took them back. If the "business" had to pay for what AIB Rewards did, then they wouldn't have been too happy paying for something that they didn't get any benefit from :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I've got nothing at all on both accounts. They still sent me an email though. Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The offers are getting more and more pointless. I have 4 offers, for 3-5% cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

5 "rewards" offered to me today.

All useless.

They must have been too embarrassed to send me an email today.:eek:

I always get the Sky VIP reward email on the same day, and they're another complete and utter waste of space as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

7% off sh*t you'd not buy in a heartbeat.

These have gone to pot - I might swap to a card that gives me cash back on actual transactions soon enough as these rewards are rubbish

• Advertisement

AIB obviously isn't working hard enough, or at all, with this reward business. I don't know what the deal with the other banks is, and don't know if they're better or worse.

If they're all as bad, it must mean that they're going to pull the plug on the whole thing, which is no real loss to anyone, as there's feck all up for grabs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

I've gotten a Maxol one, 5 off 20, twice not sure if on AIB or BOI, but any Maxol I've ever bought anything in has a shop that isn't Maxol (Centra or spar etc) and the transaction comes up as the shop name. Are there any actual Maxol shops around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I dont even open them anymore. All crap shops now with 2 or 3% off. There were great offers for a while but long time now since I got anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

omicron wrote: »
    I've gotten a Maxol one, 5 off 20, twice not sure if on AIB or BOI, but any Maxol I've ever bought anything in has a shop that isn't Maxol (Centra or spar etc) and the transaction comes up as the shop name. Are there any actual Maxol shops around?

Some of the newer or revamped maxol sites have just maxol branding,eg there's one in ballincollig and new revamped one in Ennis. alot of them used to be mace/ maxol but unless it specifically excludes them any maxol should do..

This offer definitely didn't come up on AIB rewards, I would have noticed

Some of the newer or revamped maxol sites have just maxol branding,eg there's one in ballincollig and new revamped one in Ennis. alot of them used to be mace/ maxol but unless it specifically excludes them any maxol should do..

This offer definitely didn't come up on AIB rewards, I would have noticed

Thanks, must have been the bank of Ireland one it's come up twice, last time used it in a mace/Maxol and it came up on the bank satement as mace and got no cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

omicron wrote: »
    Thanks, must have been the bank of Ireland one it's come up twice, last time used it in a mace/Maxol and it came up on the bank satement as mace and got no cash back.
    Query it with them. It happened to me with circle K offer on AIB rewards and I got the cashback came up on my statement as clearys and not topaz/ circle k

Query it with them. It happened to me with circle K offer on AIB rewards and I got the cashback came up on my statement as clearys and not topaz/ circle k

I've had loads of them unpaid and had no success appealing (although often cos of lost receipts), neither of my BOI or AIB SuperValu ones, the last AIB circle k one and the BOI Maxol one. Have up even trying to appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Am I right in saying you can only use a reward only once before the expiration date? If so, that just adds to the absurdity of these "rewards".

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yep, most of them are only once, except for the Costa Coffee one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I got a 15% just eat reward on 20th October which was supposed to expire on 2nd November. I used it on 25th October. I got another just eat reward on 26th October supposed to expire on 9th November. I used that one last week and got the money back from it, but nothing back from the first one which was a more expensive order. I've never gotten 2 just eat vouchers in quick succession, I wonder did they decide to not honor the 1st order and gave a new reward anticipating the order value would be less.

Advertisement