Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Anywhere in Athlone area that could make adjustments to a mens suit jacket, i.e.have it taken in and sleeves shortened??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Not during level 5 restrictions, but it other times, zip yard is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Presume you mean zip yard? I wouldn't recommend them. They are OK, but are relatively very expensive.
    Jackie's alterations on Sean costello Street will do a better job for significantly less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Yes, zip yard. Typo is corrected.
    I haven’t a comparison for price, but I’ve always been happy with the quality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

tadgho wrote: »
    Anywhere in Athlone area that could make adjustments to a mens suit jacket, i.e.have it taken in and sleeves shortened??

I imagine the place on the square near Ss. Peter and Pauls would make adjustments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Is there a covid test centre in Athlone currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭batman75

I don't believe so. I think the nearest is Mullingar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

There was for a time, in Saint Vincents or the Primary Care centre in clonbrusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

According to the HSE, you can arrange to goto another county if it's closer geographically. So i would say try Tullamore's centre.

Yes it's a joke beyond a joke that Athlone has no test centre.

The county rule is stupid in Athlone where we border 2 counties and are close enough to 2 others.

On the plus side, the rules aren't really enforced. If they were, any judge would laugh at the charging officer in Athlone's case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

According to the HSE, you can arrange to goto another county if it's closer geographically. So i would say try Tullamore's centre.

Yes it's a joke beyond a joke that Athlone has no test centre.

The county rule is stupid in Athlone where we border 2 counties and are close enough to 2 others.

On the plus side, the rules aren't really enforced. If they were, any judge would laugh at the charging officer in Athlone's case.

Confused as to what this means??

• Advertisement

Was in Castlerea with the wife last night and she got her results back 5 minutes ago. Quick turn around and she's covid negative thank feck. The road to Castlerea has actually improved between Roscommon and Ballymoe. Didn't even take 45 minutes to get there.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Confused as to what this means??

It means nobody will stop you going from Westmeath side of athlone to the roscommon side.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Anyone know when the NBI are upgrading broadband to fibre in the Athlone area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭roosterman71

jdon72 wrote: »

Already fibre in Athlone. Lots of FTTH available in different areas

Afaik surveys are complete. Some roll out has happened.

Within Athlone, virgin have a hell of a lot of fibre to the home rolled out and so do siro. The siro product is excellent, I had it through Vodafone. Eir have fibre to curb, think they have fibre to home in moate and plan to upgrade Athlone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Whereabouts , NBI is only for Rural Areas that Suppliers have identified as not commercially viable.

Siro works excellent in Monksland, using Vodafone here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

rn wrote: »
    Afaik surveys are complete. Some roll out has happened.

Within Athlone, virgin have a hell of a lot of fibre to the home rolled out and so do siro. The siro product is excellent, I had it through Vodafone. Eir have fibre to curb, think they have fibre to home in moate and plan to upgrade Athlone soon.

And Glasson. I've Gigabit 1000mb there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Pair of scumbags just raced past us on the greenway halfway between the white gates and Garrycastle

Demonique wrote: »
    Pair of scumbags just raced past us on the greenway halfway between the white gates and Garrycastle

In what way? On foot, bicycle, motorbike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    In what way? On foot, bicycle, motorbike?

Feck sake, I forgot to mention they were on a motorbike, one of those small ones that's not a moped

As soon as they passed us I had my phone out calling the guards, on our way back home we came across the guards with the motorbike

After they passed us the gob ****es went into the area across the walkway from the community college, we heard them before we saw them, we thought we were hearing a very loud lawnmower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Does anyone have any info on the Gaelschoil in Lissywollen in town? Does it have a good rep?

Traditionally Irish schools are harder to get into, is it same case here?

What non take away restaurants are open for takeaway and where are their menus online?

Dead Centre Brewery is now offering deliveries and I think Pavoroti's is now offering deliveries as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

rn wrote: »
    What non take away restaurants are open for takeaway and where are their menus online?

https://www.thedeliveryguys.ie/areas/athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Since these guys took over delivery for a few places I used to order from I'm now outside the area they cover. Starving out in the sticks lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Donie75

The Villager are doing a very good takeaway offering. Menu is on their Facebook page.
    Al Mezza (the Lebanese Restaurant) is also doing a good takeaway menu for something different. Very nice.

The Fatted Calf were doing Takeaway before Christmas their burger & chips were awesome for €15. Actually cheaper than Eddie Rockets.

Savoury Fare (Monksland anyway) are open for takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Hi All
    We are a family of 4 with two small children. We both work in Ballinasloe but was thinking of buying in Athlone and commuting.
    We were looking at Bonavalley as there are a few houses in that area.
    Any advice is this will be a good area to bring up children with regards to schools etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

rg_lv wrote: »
    Hi All
    We are a family of 4 with two small children. We both work in Ballinasloe but was thinking of buying in Athlone and commuting.
    We were looking at Bonavalley as there are a few houses in that area.
    Any advice is this will be a good area to bring up children with regards to schools etc?

Nice area close to town, Make sure you avoid areas with rented houses that the AIT Students use, FYI Many people in that area with young children are using Clonbonny National School and thus avoiding schools in town.

Advertisement