Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I don't know what its like to trick or treat :o

Only went when I was very young. Costume was a black bin liner and my mothers lipstick :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah more the merrier Kitty :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

La.de.da wrote: »
    Only went when I was very young. Costume was a black bin liner and my mothers lipstick :o

Ah, bin liners and cornflakes box masks. Made them in school i remember.. Health and safety owuld be at the panic stations if they saw all the kids literally wearing plastic bags :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Gwildor wrote: »
    That’s where I’ll start my thread so! “Gwildor’s photo tour of Berlin” :D

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I remember those days :D
    Ah more the merrier Kitty :)

Ah yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Not going as anything scary though, gonna be a hippie :D I've got this red velvet jumpsuit that looks like something from the 70s, and I got some round glasses to complete the look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I’m thinking I might head out to the beach in Tramore and get some night photography in...

I've seen some very nice shots of tramore at night.

Love killfarassy beach too.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I remember those days :D

Ah yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Not going as anything scary though, gonna be a hippie :D I've got this red velvet jumpsuit that looks like something from the 70s, and I got some round glasses to complete the look

At least you are dressing the part. I'll just be wearing normal clothes cause I'm going to a nightclub in town and don't think I'd have the confidence to dress up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

At least you are dressing the part. I'll just be wearing normal clothes cause I'm going to a nightclub in town and don't think I'd have the confidence to dress up :D

I'm pretty glad with that outfit too, cuz it's got full length arms and legs so I shouldn't be too cold. Went out the other night in a dress and almost froze to death :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I've seen some very nice shots of tramore at night.

Love killfarassy beach too.

Yup, the whole coastline from Tramore to Dungarvan is amazing

Looking at these posts, I think I’m the most boring fella here! I don’t do Halloween or go pubbing & clubbing! :D

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I'm pretty glad with that outfit too, cuz it's got full length arms and legs so I shouldn't be too cold. Went out the other night in a dress and almost froze to death :eek:

I have been dying the last few nights with the cold even with 3 layers and a massive bodywarmer. Might try pick up some thermals in town tomorrow.

Looking at these posts, I think I’m the most boring fella here! I don’t do Halloween or go pubbing & clubbing! :D

Other than going out Wednesday and possibly one day I'll be studying all week so you're not alone in being boring :pac:

I haven't given into the base layers yet though i was in a good bit of pain this morning so maybe i should rethink that.. Blasted cold making pain worse :(

I haven't given into the base layers yet though i was in a good bit of pain this morning so maybe i should rethink that.. Blasted cold making pain worse :(

Yeah I think the cold is getting too be too much here too. Might try get gloves too for my poor fingers. Couldn't feel them after 3 hours out volunteering the other night

Oh gloves, buff and hat already fully recruited here!.

Other than going out Wednesday and possibly one day I'll be studying all week so you're not alone in being boring :pac:

I’ve not had to study for anything in about 18 years thank god! At least being in the 30somethings has its little perks. :D

I was just terrible at studying when i was young.

Oh gloves, buff and hat already fully recruited here!.

What I really need is one of those face masks. I saw some people with them in Dublin and they look fierce handy to stop your face being frozen.

I just use the buff, sit it under my eyes and the hat pulled well down..

I’ve not had to study for anything in about 18 years thank god! At least being in the 30somethings has its little perks. :D

Ah I like studying. It's just I've a week where I've to do so so much which is overwhelming. 5 years of physics papers, 423 key terms in business, a 1500 word history essay and a stupid long english comparison among others.

• Advertisement

Grow a beard. Nature’s free scarf. :D

Ah I like studying. It's just I've a week where I've to do so so much which is overwhelming. 5 years of physics papers, 423 key terms in business, a 1500 word history essay and a stupid long english comparison among others.

Jesus wept!

I’m nearly sure I’ve completely lost the capacity to learn new stuff.

I just use the buff, sit it under my eyes and the hat pulled well down..

I'd prefer a mask. I used to have a snood and that was handy but looked silly.

Grow a beard. Nature’s free scarf. :D

I prefer my cleanly shaven face :pac:

Jesus wept!

I’m nearly sure I’ve completely lost the capacity to learn new stuff.

It's not too bad. I enjoy it.

I'd prefer a mask. I used to have a snood and that was handy but looked silly.

Have a look a tube bandanas. I use them all the time while rambling and cycling. They’re very versatile.

Have a look a tube bandanas. I use them all the time while rambling and cycling. They’re very versatile.

They look good or something like this:
    Wind-Protection-Face-Mask-Anti-Dust-Mask.jpg_640x640.jpg

I used to use a marino wool hood, kind of an open face balaclava when i was biking and working outside in winter.. Great piece of kit.

I used to use a marino wool hood, kind of an open face balaclava when i was biking and working outside in winter.. Great piece of kit.

Yup, can’t beat Marino wool. Great for all the base layers

• Advertisement

Shpud that's not bad looking but i'd be wary of the material it's made of.. It's often something like neoprene or rubberised which doesn't work well in our mostly mild enough winters. Condensation..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement