Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

Mumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

"Too nice"

How can one be "too nice"?

Shpud2 wrote: »
    "Too nice"

How can one be "too nice"?

Too nice = pushover

This may not be accurate.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah I can confirm too nice can equal pushover, at least for me personally. Trying to change is hard

*makes note to not bring in sweets to share anymore*
    I think a lot of bad things about myself but I would have never considered myself a pushover. Even my religion teacher commented on how I stand up for my views and what i believe in. :(

• Advertisement

I think a lot of bad things about myself but I would have never considered myself a pushover. Even my religion teacher commented on how I stand up for my views and what i believe in. :(

Arrah Shpud there's not a thing wrong with who you are. Just keep being you :)

Arrah Shpud there's not a thing wrong with who you are. Just keep being you :)

I mean I was getting on great with everyone today being myself but yet I'm "too nice"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Are you sure they didn't mean too nice as in really nice? The odd time I'd say "aw thank you, you're too nice". Definitely would say that if sweets were involved :D

That doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing. My post was just saying that people have said that about me and it has become a negative thing because people tend to take advantage a little bit. However, that might say more about the other people than me.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Are you sure they didn't mean too nice as in really nice? The odd time I'd say "aw thank you, you're too nice". Definitely would say that if sweets were involved :D

Maybe. I thought I was being nice but people were suspicious about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been asked why I'm so nice, I didn't bother changing, I have been taken advantage of in the past.. I've just learned and moved on.. It's hurt at times though.. I too used to bring sweets and such..

One guy in one of my classes brought sweets in for us last week when we had a presentation and it was so nice of him

I've been asked why I'm so nice, I didn't bother changing, I have been taken advantage of in the past.. I've just learned and moved on.. It's hurt at times though.. I too used to bring sweets and such..
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    One guy in one of my classes brought sweets in for us last week when we had a presentation and it was so nice of him
    So is being nice good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

my nice new car sob sob I was in an accident last night

Jeepers Rubes are you ok?

Shpud. It's a good thing, it's always nice to be nice as my Grandad used to say. Just make sure you're not taken advantage of. Maybe whoever said you were "too nice" meant it in a nice way and not as a criticism of you.

Shpud. It's a good thing, it's always nice to be nice as my Grandad used to say. Just make sure you're not taken advantage of. Maybe whoever said you were "too nice" meant it in a nice way and not as a criticism of you.
    They might have meant it in a nice way. The girl who said it is so lovely and I don't think she would say anything mean to me. But I'll be careful to not let people take advantage of me. I'll stop the whole charity/being good sort of thing.

You don't have to stop anything, you just need to learn to be wary of people.

I don't think I'm putting this very well.

You don't have to stop anything, you just need to learn to be wary of people.

I don't think I'm putting this very well.

I mean I have massive trust issues so is that good?

I don't know, I'm not really sure what to say. Be nice. The world needs nice people. Don't change who you are for anybody else.

Nice. Got it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rubecula wrote: »

Rube are you alright?

Lads it's feckin freezing!

You ok Rube? :(

So is being nice good or bad?

It can be both. It's good because it's nice to be nice, but you have to be careful that people don't take advantage of your kindness. That's the bad part about it.
    Rubecula wrote: »

God Rube, I hope you're okay!

Boards is a stupid site :mad:

Says he posting on boards :P but yes login being banjaxed is painful.

Haven't been able to log in since Friday night and just got on there.

My phone remained logged in but things were quiet.

I would have had plenty to post.

• Advertisement

You still can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement