Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I will be out Halloween night. Whether I shall be tricking or treating is yet to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I’m thinking I might head out to the beach in Tramore and get some night photography in...

Gwildor wrote: »
    I’m thinking I might head out to the beach in Tramore and get some night photography in...

I like you new guy/girl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I like you new guy/girl

Ha! Thanks. I did post a selfie in that photo thread

Ha! Thanks. I did post a selfie in that photo thread

We have a photo thread? Be right back...

EDIT: Damn you one fine fellow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night photography, excellent, would like to see some of that please..

Now you’re making me blush... I always feel dead awkward doing selfies. Much prefer to be taking the pics rather than the subject

As would I.
    Now you’re making me blush... I always feel dead awkward doing selfies. Much prefer to be taking the pics rather than the subject

You and me both my friend.

I’ll start a new thread for it once my new lenses arrive.
    For anyone interested, all of my photography is done using an iPhone coupled with Moment lenses.

I’ll start a new thread for it once my new lenses arrive.
    For anyone interested, all of my photography is done using an iPhone coupled with Moment lenses.

A photography thread huh? I wouldn't mind a slice of that pie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well.. Should have guessed there were lenses for phones.. My new thing for the day learned not even an hour in..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

If only i wasn't at work and tired :o

How are you?

I'm good Grem, how are you?

I'll be at a house party on Halloween, some girl off one of my flatmates course is having one, apparently it'll be massive

Well.. Should have guessed there were lenses for phones.. My new thing for the day learned not even an hour in..

Here’s a pic of one of the lenses I use...

Here’s a pic of one of the lenses I use...

18mm fisheye?

And here’s a pic taken with the portrait Lens...

Well, a whole new world to me!. :o

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I'm good Grem, how are you?

I'll be at a house party on Halloween, some girl off one of my flatmates course is having one, apparently it'll be massive

Halloween seems to be the night to party. I'm invited to two 18ths that night :D

18mm fisheye?

It’s an 18mm wide angle lens. They do make a 170 degree super fish eye, but I wouldn’t like it all that much. The edges aren’t great.

EDIT: These are the lenses...

https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/categories/lenses

It’s an 18mm wide angle lens. They do make a 170 degree super fish eye, but I wouldn’t like it all that much. The edges aren’t great.

Yeah you'd be really pushing it at that angle. When you say night photography what do you mean?

Myself and OH won't be stirring outside the door hopefully.

• Advertisement

Myself and OH won't be stirring outside the door hopefully.

I wouldn't want too. Thankfully we never get kids trick or treating here. There will probably be fireworks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

We will have loads of the little fùckers... I mean darling children around tomorrow night.

I remember what we used to do to houses that wouldn't open the door so I'll have supplies for them.

Course in my day, it was penny for the boogie, none of this trick or treat:)

Yeah you'd be really pushing it at that angle. When you say night photography what do you mean?

I like to shoot floor lit buildings like churches, viaducts, monuments etc. Or head down to the strand and get some really good bokah shots

I like to shoot floor lit buildings like churches, viaducts, monuments etc. Or head down to the strand and get some really good bokah shots

That sounds really cool. I hope to do the same in Dublin sometime this week. I was up there Saturday scouting out places to shoot.

La.de.da wrote: »
    We will have loads of the little fùckers... I mean darling children around tomorrow night.

I remember what we used to do to houses that wouldn't open the door so I'll have supplies for them.

Course in my day, it was penny for the boogie, none of this trick or treat:)

I don't know what its like to trick or treat :o

That sounds really cool. I hope to do the same in Dublin sometime this week. I was up there Saturday scouting out places to shoot.

I’m heading off to Berlin in a few weeks, so hoping to get some good shots while I’m there

I don't know what its like to trick or treat :o

Never done it either lad, it's not unusual i'd say.

I’m heading off to Berlin in a few weeks, so hoping to get some good shots while I’m there

Oh hell yeah, the architecture there, gothic buildings and historical monuments will make for great pics..

Oh hell yeah, the architecture there, gothic buildings and historical monuments will make for great pics..

That’s where I’ll start my thread so! “Gwildor’s photo tour of Berlin” :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Halloween seems to be the night to party. I'm invited to two 18ths that night :D

I wasn't really even invited to the party I'm going to, my flatmate just asked if she could bring her friends :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement