Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭carq

Thanks again Pat for the purchase.
    OH has put a veto on future purchases for time being!
    Will be giving Aventus as xmas present should get a good reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Hi Pat,I know this is last minute but any suggestions for a leather scent to get before Christmas?
    Herself has just said 'So what the heck do you want for Christmas? You've got everything'
    I did answer a blond Swedish model. Mrs OldRio gave me a look.'

I'm in bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OldRio wrote: »
    Hi Pat,I know this is last minute but any suggestions for a leather scent to get before Christmas?
    Herself has just said 'So what the heck do you want for Christmas? You've got everything'
    I did answer a blond Swedish model. Mrs OldRio gave me a look.'

I'm in bother.

Depends on budget I guess but you really can't go wrong with Ombre Leather by Tom Ford at the mid range. Think it rolls in at about €100 for 50ml. Going upmarket you obviously have Tuscan Leather (and the Intense flanker if you really like giving away money). Going cheaper, if you look around you may find Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather. There's also Parfums de Marly Godolphin which I think is between the two Tom Fords in pricing (I have 10ml of this BTW). At the bottom of the pricing level, if you can find it Monotheme Leather can now be found very cheap in M&S (if they still do it here).

Hi Pat have you anything in hand at the moment.
    I'll take the 10ml of Gadolphin.
    Anything else.

PM sent

• Advertisement

OldRio wrote: »
    PM sent

Sent you some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

My package arrived yesterday safe and sound. Cheers Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Pat did you ever or have any plans for a split of TF metalique?

Pat did you ever or have any plans for a split of TF metalique?

Yeah listed it when it came out but didn't get enough interest to proceed!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

hi Pat I'm loving the Margiela Coffee Break do you have any left I've a good bit left so no worries if not

• Advertisement

Caroleia wrote: »
    hi Pat I'm loving the Margiela Coffee Break do you have any left I've a good bit left so no worries if not

All gone I'm afraid Caroleia!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Very pleased with another professional service from Pat. Thanks a mill.

All gone I'm afraid Caroleia!

no worries Pat. Do you plan to get more? it was a strange one, wasn't too impressed when I first started using it, didn't dislike it but just thought it was a bit meh. I've grown to really love it over the past couple of weeks though. Scent is weird like that, that's why you're service is to great

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭carq

Coffee break is nice alright, doesnt really smell like coffee to me, first impression is that it is a bit feminine leaning.
    Really liking tobacco vanille though, instantly one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

carq wrote: »
    Coffee break is nice alright, doesnt really smell like coffee to me, first impression is that it is a bit feminine leaning.
    Really liking tobacco vanille though, instantly one of my favourites.

I'm really not liking Tobacco Vanille at the moment. To much Vanille, not enough Tobacco for my nose.

I'll give it another few tries before making a final decision on it.

Caroleia wrote: »
    no worries Pat. Do you plan to get more? it was a strange one, wasn't too impressed when I first started using it, didn't dislike it but just thought it was a bit meh. I've grown to really love it over the past couple of weeks though. Scent is weird like that, that's why you're service is to great

No current plans to get more. It's not available in Ireland yet as far as I can see but I'd imagine BT will get it at some stage as they stock the rest of the line. TBH even if buying retail, the RRP on the Replica series isn't too bad at €110 for 100ml.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I'm really not liking Tobacco Vanille at the moment. To much Vanille, not enough Tobacco for my nose.

I'll give it another few tries before making a final decision on it.

It's funny - I used to really like Tobacco Vanille (it was literally the second split I ever did) but find myself rarely reaching for it these days. It's not so much that I don't like it - but I have others I prefer to wear if that makes sense. Tastes change I guess......

edit: I would say though that it's one that would benefit from a light spraying - too much could be cloying. I'd also note that in my experience, and in reports to me, it is strongly preferred by women (when worn by men) than its stable mate Tuscan Leather (which tends to be what the men themselves prefer......go figure!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Lovely meeting you again yesterday Pat!

Fantastic service as always - enjoy your Christmas holidays!

BTW folks that's all she wrote for 2019 - last requests going out this week! The splitting gear is being put away for a few weeks as the kitchen gets reclaimed for Christmas. Thanks all for your continued participation - wouldn't be possible without you! Lots of good stuff lined up for 2020 already......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Enjoy the break Pat, well deserved and thanks for all the service provided this year!

• Advertisement

No current plans to get more. It's not available in Ireland yet as far as I can see but I'd imagine BT will get it at some stage as they stock the rest of the line. TBH even if buying retail, the RRP on the Replica series isn't too bad at €110 for 100ml.

yea I got one before from Arnotts - early morning or some silly name like that I'll definitely get it when they get it in, now that I know I love it so much. Have a good Christmas enjoy the break

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Pat I got 2 amouage off you earlier in the year but labels came off. One was Lyric and the other Myths, I really like one of them but don't know which one it is! I will describe as best I can, it has a kind of sherbet sweet smell and a smoky drydown the other one smells more feminine.Colourwise it's a dark yellow whereas other one is clear. Any idea which one it is?

shoxter wrote: »
    Pat I got 2 amouage off you earlier in the year but labels came off. One was Lyric and the other Myths, I really like one of them but don't know which one it is! I will describe as best I can, it has a kind of sherbet sweet smell and a smoky drydown the other one smells more feminine.Colourwise it's a dark yellow whereas other one is clear. Any idea which one it is?

Sorry about the labels! I'm now taping down the labels on 10ml bottles as I know they were coming off because of the curvature of the bottles (didn't have that problem with the older flatter ones).

They should be easy enough to tell apart. I dunno about sherbet, but Myths is hardcore - smoky and powerful with an almost burning plastic opening (which lasts a good while) before a sweeter drydown. TBH even I struggled with it.

Lyric Man is all about the rose. I would say it's a fresh clean rose rather than heavy old school perfume, but I can definitely see how someone would regard it as feminine. The aul brain is a bit decrepit these days but I vaguely recall this being quite clear - does that match?

So, looks like you like Myths! If you like that you should definitely try Amouage Interlude which is (arguably) Amouage's finest hour. Wearing that today myself as it happens - should have kept it to two sprays though! /pong. If you want to go completely hardcore on smoke I'll also be listing the notorious A City on Fire by Imaginary Authors in the new year......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So, looks like you like Myths! If you like that you should definitely try Amouage Interlude which is (arguably) Amouage's finest hour. Wearing that today myself as it happens - should have kept it to two sprays though! /pong. If you want to go completely hardcore on smoke I'll also be listing the notorious A City on Fire by Imaginary Authors in the new year......

Ha ha Pat.

I made mistake of putting 3 sprays last summer when meeting friends for dinner. I met another friend on the street on the way to restaurant and he said "Jesus you smell like perfume shop" :D.

The Mrs said to me on the way to restaurant "you went a bit overboard on the perfume" :D

Id say 2 sprays max for Interlude. I must wear it this friday for christmas night out dinner :)

Ha ha Pat.

I made mistake of putting 3 sprays last summer when meeting friends for dinner. I met another friend on the street on the way to restaurant and he said "Jesus you smell like perfume shop" :D.

The Mrs said to me on the way to restaurant "you went a bit overboard on the perfume" :D

Id say 2 sprays max for Interlude. I must wear it this friday for christmas night out dinner :)

Interlude in summer - brave! Yeah, two sprays max normally I'd say. I did get dragged reluctantly to a party last year, and wore ten sprays just to piss everyone off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Interlude in summer - brave! Yeah, two sprays max normally I'd say. I did get dragged reluctantly to a party last year, and wore ten sprays just to piss everyone off!

Yeah from reading after that episode, its generally an autum/winter frag. Yet some people will say its suitable for summer cause its marketed for middle eastern market where its super hot .

ha ha 10 sprays ....lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

What price we talking about 100ml aventus creed

pelliven wrote: »
    What price we talking about 100ml aventus creed

I do 50ml splits (check small print in this thread's OP, or PM me for details) for €85 each, so €170 in total. I can also supply retail 100ml bottles (i.e. exactly the same as what you'd buy in a shop) for €205 (€300 in outlets here) - note I'd need to confirm that price in the new year and have a ~2 week lead time for these. Shipping for glass bottles is €12.50 on top of this, but that covers several bottles.

Note the last package of this year went out today - I'll be back in action January at some stage. Aventus splits will be available immediately from then, as I have plenty here.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Thanks for the reply, put me down for a 50ml of aventus on your next split so. Cheers

• Advertisement

pelliven wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, put me down for a 50ml of aventus on your next split so. Cheers

Will do, give you a shout in 2020.

Advertisement