Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best death in a movie. Contains SPOILERS!!! You've been warned.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sean Penn: State of Grace - Final Bar Shootout

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Alabama killing Virgil with the cistern lid / hairspray flame thrower / corkscrew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Luggnuts

John Coffey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sean Penn: State of Grace - Final Bar Shootout

I've seen stormtroopers with better aim than that lot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Frank.. Shane.. Up.. the Champ

Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png?1318992465

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Benjamin Button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The death of Lindsey in Mission Impossible 3. It seemed so real and she knew she had only seconds to live. Dunno about beiing the best but it was very disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Samuel L Jackson in Deep Blue Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Leo Di Caprio in the Departed,

over in a millisecond

I came here to suggest this one too! Everytime I watch it i forget that he dies in that scene because its just boom, done, one of the leads dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Shane.

I know it's debatable, but I think he was just a bit lopsided on the horse because he had been shot in the arm or shoulder. You can see the injury being inflicted if you watch the preceding gun battle carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now this wouldn't be the best death scene, more horrific. Imagine you were driving home and spotted a guy disposing a murdered cop shot by his mate sitting in the car. you'd step on the gas wouldn't you. Unfortunately it doesn't show this full scene from the film Fargo but you know how these deaths occur, chilling.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

The final scene of Get Carter, on the beach in Newcastle. The earlier scenes where Carter stabs, drowns & drops somebody from a roof were pretty good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

Did you ever see that scene in Scanners where the dudes head blew up...?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭md23040

The baseball bat scene in Inglorious Besterds when the Bear Jew kills the Nazi commander for not giving up the enemy positions.

Classic Tarantino buildup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Weekend at Bernies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Apollo creed in rocky 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Neames wrote: »
    For me, when John Voight's character dies in The Champ.

Ricky Schroder really stole the scene. Superb acting for an adult nevermind a young kid.

You have a heart of stone if that scene doesn't get you all choked up.

I wanna agree-but he cried alot in that movie-if he got the wrong breakfast he was off.

I remember an animated film in the 80's of a puppy and his/her mother. Someone shot the mother, and the film was about the adventure of the pups life. They showed it in school and all the girls were bawling, the boys were trying their best not to!!!

I can even remember the music, but I cant remember the name. Anyone able to help me out?

It's not Fox and the Hound, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

That wan who ate all the blue bubble gums in Willie Wonka.
    Served her right.

She didn't die though right? They squeezed her good later then she was ok? :-) As for deaths, how about Kananga in Live and Let Die. Bond put an the inflate capsule in his mouth and made him swallow it. Blew up like a balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That one with Sean Bean.... :)

One that always stood out from my youth as being kinda cool/sick/funny was the guy in Robocop (not the crap new insult) who got half melted by the toxic waste and then ended up ruining the guys windscreen wipers. Lemme find a clip.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

RayM wrote: »
    "Where are his glasses? He can't see without his glasses"

:(

Littlefoot's mom in Land before Time...I f****ng lost it as a kid. Watched a day or two later-same damn result. Don Bluth eh-torture us as kids then give us a happy ending so we're all good...Well we're not Don, We're Not!!!

Also, the ending to All Dog's Go to Heaven-didn't cry as a kid, but it was just the sadness of it all. And knowing what happened to the actress who played the little girl-darn sad. Another Don Bluth one.

HAchi in a Dog's tale. Just watch it-it's brutal on me. Have the DVD at home-never trading it.

Sam going to heaven in Ghost. Yeah, he's dead at the beginning. Yes, it's just a movie-but dammit, when Unchained Melody plays, and suddenly she can hear him, and see him...I get a lump in my throat. Swayze brings back a lot of positive memories for me-his movies were like a family thing, my grandparents always had those movies, and always wanted him to beat his cancer, and make a huge comeback. Sadly, it didn't happen. He had more talent than some of the wasters out there-Seagal I'm looking at you.

UP goes without saying-also Nemo's mom in Finding Nemo-the music, the 'never getting to say goodbye'. Can't do it man. Didn't think it would affect me again, after rewatching it.

Inside Out-Bing Bong. Wasn't a fan of the movie, but no-no Pixar...why you do this?

Alex Murphy in Robocop-the original...JEsus, they just won't stop...I saw it as a teen and was shocked, barely able to concentrate on the rest of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

theteal wrote: »
    That one with Sean Bean.... :)

One that always stood out from my youth as being kinda cool/sick/funny was the guy in Robocop (not the crap new insult) who got half melted by the toxic waste and then ended up ruining the guys windscreen wipers. Lemme find a clip.....

I saw that in the cinema when I was 10 (our local one let everyone in regardless of age) and I LOVED that scene, I was going around talking about toxic waste to anyone who'd listen...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A death scene that wasn't but you didn't know it at the time...

The scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Judge Doom gets stuck to the steamroller and slowly dragged under it... Scarred for life I tells ya!

fixxxer wrote: »
    A death scene that wasn't but you didn't know it at the time...

The scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Judge Doom gets stuck to the steamroller and slowly dragged under it... Scarred for life I tells ya!

Oh-and when he puts the shoe in The Dip....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mustafa in Bamlet (alarm The Lion King)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Oh-and when he puts the shoe in The Dip....

Oh god yes. The way shoe looks up at him for a second pleading before getting dissolved :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Advertisement