Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

@bee06 and @pocos yeah its having the cop not to do it esp with having a cold sore!! It has since started at the bottom of his nose - probably from him rubbing his hands off it grrrrr.

Like we know we cant protect them from every sickness but when something like that is a no brainer !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

oh no not nice donkey10... Jes i dont know id say it if you dont want the him getting kisses..I get what you mean to be honest i am kinda the same i dont want her kissing everyone haha.. Laugh as she only just gave her first few kisses at the weekend, it was so cute.. She should defo not have kissed him with a cold sore, i mean you wouldnt do it yourself.... Id say it or just let it be known to all the boundaries..

We are just back from a week long stay away and trying to catch up again.. So much fun not, was a little harder this time too the comments were flying.. Mostly to say we should put more clothes on herself and little things.. but sure it happens

Milly33 wrote: »
    oh no not nice donkey10... Jes i dont know id say it if you dont want the him getting kisses..I get what you mean to be honest i am kinda the same i dont want her kissing everyone haha.. Laugh as she only just gave her first few kisses at the weekend, it was so cute.. She should defo not have kissed him with a cold sore, i mean you wouldnt do it yourself.... Id say it or just let it be known to all the boundaries..

We are just back from a week long stay away and trying to catch up again.. So much fun not, was a little harder this time too the comments were flying.. Mostly to say we should put more clothes on herself and little things.. but sure it happens

Ha and now hubbie is in the wrong with his sis for givin out to his mother for doing it! Some people eh!

Where were you away with the in laws is it?

Oh dear, really people need to not take offence about stuff and just accept that not everyone thinks the same way.. Hope the cold sore clears for him now, not nice..

Yep a family trip away for the week, all loverly so it was just.. Just the catching up after is crazy i know i bring most of it on myself but still... Have herselfs final vaccines tom and bless she is teething again i hope she can get it done now and wont have a temp. Was suprised actually we got a letter from the HSE to say we were not up to date with her vaccines (she is just a month out due to having a temp the last time.. Kinda nice to know that they do pay attention

Oh dear, really people need to not take offence about stuff and just accept that not everyone thinks the same way.. Hope the cold sore clears for him now, not nice..

Yep a family trip away for the week, all loverly so it was just.. Just the catching up after is crazy i know i bring most of it on myself but still... Have herselfs final vaccines tom and bless she is teething again i hope she can get it done now and wont have a temp. Was suprised actually we got a letter from the HSE to say we were not up to date with her vaccines (she is just a month out due to having a temp the last time.. Kinda nice to know that they do pay attention

True that they pay attention....although I'd say it is some automated machine that they run printouts :-)
    Hopefully they will go well. His 12 month ones were about 2 weeks ago- it was so hard looking at the way he was crying and looking back at me. when he got the 6 month ones I think he didnt know what was going on!

Yeah its always nice to return home after....its the prep before hand and making sure you dont forget anyting in the bags is the stressfull part too!!
    Good luck with the injections....at least these are the last ones for a good while :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah Donkey, I'd be raging.That is just not on.And raising five kids thirty years ago doesn't actually make you an expert.Also I've noticed that no matter how many kids parents raise, some of them still go and do the strangest things as grandparents, stuff they would never do if they were the parent. They forget....I mean, I am on my third and there is only two years between all of mine and I have forgotten stuff between them-I get caught trying to remember what I did last time.You were right to get your husband to do that, although I think if it were to hapoen again you would probably be within your rights to say it yourself. To be honest, the sister's opinion doesn't really count here, she obviously has no clue where you are coming from on this one.I mean, coldsores....notoriously infectious, extremely dangerous if they are small babies....just no.

Inlaws are a minefield.There is no easy or right way to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,538 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

[.

Am I overreacting? I suppose how do I deal with the next time she comes into the house at this stage. Obviously she meant no harm by what she was doing it but seriously have some cop when you have a massive cold sore.

Of course you are NOT overreacting, Its your motherly instinct to get mad at something like that, you want to protect your baby ,
    Very silly by your mother inlaw I would go as far as calling it very selfish
    I hope the little one is ok ,

@shesty & @yourdeadwright - cheers for the backup :-)

Yeah i think i wouldnt have been as mad if it was just a cold or a cough passed on but when you hear of how serious cold sores can be and that they live on in their system. It spread to his nose Monday but thankfully the one of his lip seems to be healed now.

She still hasnt come to the house - probably is still feeling sorry for herself. His sister was back onto him again giving out that he hadnt rang the mother after originally giving out like he is allowed to be angry too but I think the sister is blaming hubbie for overreacting and "giving out" to the mother coz the mother was then upset.

I know hubbie is caught in a hard place but then he said he doesnt want me falling out with them but like I did nothing wrong and havent even spoken to any of them but I suppose they know hubbie's rant is drivin by me being so angry too.

I would prefer if she had the balls to come to the house - she only lives less than 2 mins away - would always visitn at least twice a week - just so the awkwardness about it can stop. I wont be letting it slide so easily this time but i want her to know the issue with it so that it will not happen again rather than her being upset that she passed it on and knowing that we are mad with her.

well the sister will know when she has kids herself - after all she was angry at hubbie for giving out to the mother but she clearly didnt understand why. its like as if they treated the baby as a ragdoll or something and not our child!

Oh we had to cancel the injections today the poor pet was screaming with her teeth, so hopefully she will be fine for tomorrow and we can get them done and dusted

Oh we had to cancel the injections today the poor pet was screaming with her teeth, so hopefully she will be fine for tomorrow and we can get them done and dusted

Aw no poor pet. Hopefully shel be ok for tomorrow

• Advertisement

Last Friday she got her last injections till she is 5 I think ?
    No real side effects this time she was a little clingy to her mam but nothing to bad ,the injections before that she had a very high temperature for a few days and didn't sleep well at all ,

Delighted to get them out of the way , always felt so bad bringing her to get them as she would be so happy going in and then obviously would scream and cry , You'd get the look of why did you let that lady hurt me , it killed me,

Last Friday she got her last injections till she is 5 I think ?
    No real side effects this time she was a little clingy to her mam but nothing to bad ,the injections before that she had a very high temperature for a few days and didn't sleep well at all ,

Delighted to get them out of the way , always felt so bad bringing her to get them as she would be so happy going in and then obviously would scream and cry , You'd get the look of why did you let that lady hurt me , it killed me,

Can totally relate to that! At least thats it for a few yrs now!

donkey10 wrote: »
    Can totally relate to that! At least thats it for a few yrs now!

Its tuff your the one they look to for protection and they think your letting some stranger hurt them ,
    Thanks fully they don't remember the first couple of years of there life .

Tis great to know they dont need them anymore for a few years alright, I packed away the vaccine book and all.... Had a tough few days with her, she was really bad on Wens with her teeth (and her poor bum is raw) first bad day ever with them so cancelled the vaccines and got them done the next day, and she was a dinger. A few tears but that was it, has a nasty mark alright from one and had a temp but she is doing great...

Donkey i was retelling your story to a few people and before i even mentioned the cold sore both people said no to the kissing on the lips, then i mentioned the cold sore and well there was shock that someone would do that...

Tis great to know they dont need them anymore for a few years alright, I packed away the vaccine book and all.... Had a tough few days with her, she was really bad on Wens with her teeth (and her poor bum is raw) first bad day ever with them so cancelled the vaccines and got them done the next day, and she was a dinger. A few tears but that was it, has a nasty mark alright from one and had a temp but she is doing great...

Donkey i was retelling your story to a few people and before i even mentioned the cold sore both people said no to the kissing on the lips, then i mentioned the cold sore and well there was shock that someone would do that...

Have you ever tried methanone (in a yellowtube) for bum rash? Public health nurse told me about it months ago, can only get it in england though.

Oh stop the lights she came down during the week and literally dogged into me saying its not a cold sore bla bla. Doctor is wrong. Im being over protective, OTT, Shes reared 5 kids, i need to take him out of the glass cage hes in, kids get sick. But that wasnt a cold sore. Have you ever seen the likes of that crazy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Donkey I would get really annoyed at anyone telling me stuff like that.Ok to be fair, I am beyond my first child, and it is very hard when on your first child because you are finding your way.But if anyone (least of all my MIL) started with that stuff, I would be sharply telling them end of discussion. (i am very non-confrontational, but I think in that situation there would be a row!!).I would be boiling mad actually, at the insinuation that she somehow knows better.She ism't the child's mother, and it's not her place, regardless of her opinions to go saying things like that.You don't want her to kiss him with a coldsore, or at least to be mindful of him if she isn't feeling well.You are the mother.That is the end of that argument.

Alternatively, give it a year or so, and hand her a two year old with a vomiting bug to babysit for the day, and see how she feels about it.

shesty wrote: »
    Donkey I would get really annoyed at anyone telling me stuff like that.Ok to be fair, I am beyond my first child, and it is very hard when on your first child because you are finding your way.But if anyone (least of all my MIL) started with that stuff, I would be sharply telling them end of discussion. (i am very non-confrontational, but I think in that situation there would be a row!!).I would be boiling mad actually, at the insinuation that she somehow knows better.She ism't the child's mother, and it's not her place, regardless of her opinions to go saying things like that.You don't want her to kiss him with a coldsore, or at least to be mindful of him if she isn't feeling well.You are the mother.That is the end of that argument.

Alternatively, give it a year or so, and hand her a two year old with a vomiting bug to babysit for the day, and see how she feels about it.

OmG its crazy like. The 3 sis and hubbies bro are now all getting involved saying he has to apologise for ringin her initially saying that the mother gave him the cold sore that u cant prove it 100% bla bla. But she is the only onewho kisses him and had the cold sore.

Hubbie is like put 2 and 2 together she gave it but il apologise if she apologises to me for the way she spoke to me.

OmG lads its got totally out of hand here. They dont seem to care about the well being of the child which is what its all about. Feel sorry for hubbie having them all literally screaming down the phone at him. The last thing i wanted was a falling out

They sound like drama queens, i really hope they get over it soon for ye....You cant say anything today without the offence being taken, i get it (after just giving out about comments) but still sometimes you have to see that not every likes your way of doing things, and with your kid it is really all about what ye think is fit no one else...

Did,nt see the methanone cream, thank god tiso gone down so it is, looks much better today. i had ordered some moogoo online (it is great they give you lots of freebie testers) so there was a cream in that i used and it was great

They sound like drama queens, i really hope they get over it soon for ye....You cant say anything today without the offence being taken, i get it (after just giving out about comments) but still sometimes you have to see that not every likes your way of doing things, and with your kid it is really all about what ye think is fit no one else...

Did,nt see the methanone cream, thank god tiso gone down so it is, looks much better today. i had ordered some moogoo online (it is great they give you lots of freebie testers) so there was a cream in that i used and it was great

So true i know. Just hope it dies down but everyone else getting involved is so ridicilous.

Heard that cream is good alright its all natural too isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Metanium is the bees-knees when it comes to severe nappy rash. You'd only really use it on a very bad bum.
    We have actually put it on at night and bum almost totally healed next morning.
    You can get it across the border. Well worth getting stocking up on.
    I live near border and don't mind sending some if anyone down the country is stuck.

• Advertisement

thanks Heldel very nice of you to offer so nice to look out for us....

Yep donkey tis all natural which is great I love keeping it simple

Any tips for putting shoes on babies too.. I dont know am I missing something but we have a few boots and well she just bawls her foot up in them so her heel doesnt sit right in them..

heldel00 wrote: »
    Metanium is the bees-knees when it comes to severe nappy rash. You'd only really use it on a very bad bum.
    We have actually put it on at night and bum almost totally healed next morning.
    You can get it across the border. Well worth getting stocking up on.
    I live near border and don't mind sending some if anyone down the country is stuck.

Oh yes this was the one i meant i called it methanone hadnt used it in ages and wad mixin up the news.. i was able order it online from uk as im ROI but had to get like 6 boxes. Defo stocked for life there haha

thanks Heldel very nice of you to offer so nice to look out for us....

Yep donkey tis all natural which is great I love keeping it simple

Whoops that wss the name of the one i was on about. Hadnt used it in ages so was mixing the name up! Ive unopened boxes somewhere if you want it . Only ordered last summer so still in date.

Any tips for putting shoes on babies too.. I dont know am I missing something but we have a few boots and well she just bawls her foot up in them so her heel doesnt sit right in them..

Did u get them fitted? I havent got the fitted ones yet although hes walkin about a month and a half now .

thanks Donkey well the rash seems all good now, so will stick to what she has but shall keep you in mind thank you.. No no these are just boots i picked up in Pennys and in someother shop. Just walking booties

If she's cruising, better off to get them fitted.

A lot of baby shoes are for show and not for walking as there to soft ,
    We got our little one fitted ones in Clarkes 3 weeks ago she is flying around in them she was 13 months old when we got them

Thank you ladies, yeah she is walking yet any day now haha, we are forever saying that. Yeah they are really more for show and to keep her feet warm but still she just bawls her toes up so there isnt a hope. Felt bad today taking her shopping sure she pulled the socks off in the car and when i opened the door they fell out into a puddle, so had to go around with bare feet (she was in the trolley so not bad)..

Another one, how did ye all go with reducing the formula to reg milk. As in did ye still give it through the bottle? I started this week now with 2 formula bottles and they any other drink is out of the cup. Seems to be good so far but she was kinda looking for the bottle id say after her lunch. Just pondering how everyone esle went about it

• Advertisement

Thanks OSI, yeah to be honest i was quite happy to leave her just in socks and then when I kinda saw everyone else with it. I was like maybe we should consider it

Advertisement