Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syria Again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I wouldn't mind seeing that proof.

There's a couple of thousand white helmets, working in different regions. Just in case a claim arises that states one or two white helmets were in the vicinity of alleged terrorists.

No, were actual terrorists. There's clear evidence they beheaded a child.

It course they are terrorists or associated with them. Why even the need for this new group - why not the red cross or crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

rachb wrote: »
    You mean the MSM are reporting that Assad is Allegedly responsible?
    It is now been reported by other news channels that they targeted a building where the opposition were and this building was a chemical bomb making warehouse and the gases then exploded and this is why the innocent victims died. Its been widely reported over the past few years that Isis and other terrorist groups in Syria were making chemical bombs and using them on Syrian civilians not the Assad regime.

Utter bollox ,

Unfortunately if you bomb a building you tend to get an explosion none of which was reported or witnessed ,they did get explosions when they bombed a hospital treating survivors of the assad gas attack

Next account

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

ISIS were non existent in Syria before your hero directly and indirectly created them through brutality and driving tens of thousands of new recruits to their ranks due again to his brutality.

So in short yes I am.

ISIS started in Iraq as a result of the chaos the Iraq War brought to that country. You don't even know what you're talking about and yet you're advocating military action in the country. Likewise the biggest source of support for ISIS is the Turkish state and wealthy Gulf countries, both key allies of the people you're suggesting should go in and drop the bombs.

Gas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Gatling wrote: »
    Utter bollox ,

Unfortunately if you bomb a building you tend to get an explosion none of which was reported or witnessed ,they did get explosions when they bombed a hospital treating survivors of the assad gas attack

Next account

Maybe the terrorists had to much Chips Beans and Guinness for supper...that might explain the entire gas incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Don't believe a word MSM tell us tbh. Maybe it was Assad, maybe it wasn't who knows but it's funny i don't remember the same amount of coverage by the media when civilians where murdered in Mosul recently by Americans en mass.

The first victim in any war is always the truth,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

http://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0404/865042-syria-gas-attack/

Just the 58 people killed today for no reason. 11 children today died for no reason.

When will this world ever stop. Forget about Trump bashing(bar war talk) we should be concentrating on targeting countries whos army kill innocent people for no reason but pure greed.

America and Russia are the leaders in the pack, but we have so many nut jobs out there who have so much power is scary to think.

All Western lies to destroy Assad and Syria. Not a scrap of evidence on Earth Assad santioned this. Same lies fabricated to murder Gaddafi.

Youtube
    Gearoid O Colmain on Syria

Truthful journalist on the middle east, why you have probably never heard of him despite him being easily one of Irelands best foreign journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭Christy42

I like that you can tell when Russia came out with the story that they had hit a chemical weapons plant by when the narrative on here suddenly switches from it was a false flag to it was whatever the Russians (and only Russians) say happened.

Main argument for this so far has been the use of quote marks around statements of the msm's honesty.

So far we have that Syrian planes attacked the town. No explosions from this attack were reported and the instigator of this attack has a history off chemical weapons (as do all sides in this war it has to be said but I am in no way going to justify this attack based on that) and against we have people who really don't want to believe Assad is capable of this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_chemical_weapons_in_the_Syrian_civil_war

This is something I have no idea how to solve. All sides are led by absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

archer22 wrote: »
    It amazes me that in Ireland there are so many Jihadi lovers.

It amazes me that in Ireland there are so many supporters of US war crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Christy42 wrote: »
    I like that you can tell when Russia came out with the story that they had hit a chemical weapons plant by when the narrative on here suddenly switches from it was a false flag to it was whatever the Russians (and only Russians) say happened.

Main argument for this so far has been the use of quote marks around statements of the msm's honesty.

So far we have that Syrian planes attacked the town. No explosions from this attack were reported and the instigator of this attack has a history off chemical weapons (as do all sides in this war it has to be said but I am in no way going to justify this attack based on that) and against we have people who really don't want to believe Assad is capable of this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_chemical_weapons_in_the_Syrian_civil_war

This is something I have no idea how to solve. All sides are led by absolute scum.

Certain posters here must be in the pocket of Putin. Whenever Russia does something, it was for a good reason, they weren't responsible or it was for the best. Does make you wonder about the Russian cyber army.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As far as I can tell, all sides in that conflict have been lobbing chemical weapons at one another occasionally over the last 5 years. There's nobody involved whose hands are clean. It's a tragic clusterfuck and I don't know how it will ever be resolved, but my heart goes out to the millions of innocents caught in the middle of it all.

Anyone who is even picking a side is out of their mind if you ask me. You're kidding yourself if you think there are any 'goodies' or 'baddies' here. Just concentrated misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

As far as I can tell, all sides in that conflict have been lobbing chemical weapons at one another occasionally over the last 5 years. There's nobody involved whose hands are clean. It's a tragic clusterfuck and I don't know how it will ever be resolved, but my heart goes out to the millions of innocents caught in the middle of it all.

Anyone who is even picking a side is out of their mind if you ask me. You're kidding yourself if you think there are any 'goodies' or 'baddies' here. Just concentrated misery.

Indeed, but with the Russian's support and influence with the Assad regime and a growing paranoia about it in the West it would seem that we're going down the 'ol WMD route again to ensure Syria gets 'the right kind of freedom' as this conflict turns into another proxy war right out of the Cold War era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

conorhal wrote: »
    Indeed, but with the Russian's support and influence with the Assad regime and a growing paranoia about it in the West it would seem that we're going down the 'ol WMD route again to ensure Syria gets 'the right kind of freedom' as this conflict turns into another proxy war right out of the Cold War era.

The kind of freedom only Starbucks and McDonald's can bring..

So what you're and several others are saying it's fine all lies ,

Sure it will be grand won't it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭XsApollo

2 down, half way through the third. Then on to the rest.

So what you're and several others are saying it's fine all lies ,

Sure it will be grand won't it

Did I say it was 'lies', I'm just saying it's a very convenient truth with an agenda behind it. Those rattling sabres aren't the lest bit interested in what any side does, unless it provides an opportunity to challence Putin. Putin is a scumbag BTW but the Western powers decrying the use of chemical weapons could at least be honest enough to admit their motive to destabilize Syria is to lessen Russian influence in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Certain posters here must be in the pocket of Putin. Whenever Russia does something, it was for a good reason, they weren't responsible or it was for the best. Does make you wonder about the Russian cyber army.

Yeah, I've no doubt that Putin is paying boards.ie posters. :rolleyes:

Putin is a scumbag BTW but the Western powers decrying the use of chemical weapons could at least be honest enough to admit their motive to destabilize Syria is to lessen Russian influence in the region.

Russia has feck all influence in the region actually if you look at it in a whole.parts of syria ,Iran , that's it putin needs the region to completely destabilise and cause an price of oil increase to prop up his own economy which oil and gas exports are his primary incomes ,
    Having Peace in the middle East would suit the EU and America better on all fronts ,

You might remember the pipeline​ story , America wanted to run a pipeline from part of iran , syria and turkey and into Europe ,this braking European dependency​ on russian oil and gas imports ,
    If that was the plan why would they destabilise the region they need most to supposedly supply Europe with oil and gas ,
    If Putin had real influence he would have had troops enmass in Syria 6 years ago to help Assad put down the protests ,
    Instead they waited 5 years and watched the country get completely destroyed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

The "Rebels" need to see it for what it is, a lost cause and they should surrender all weapons and negotiate to rebuild the country and then return to their homes. The war is over. Accept it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Yes they are all paid off Putinbots or something. Actually anyone who questions MSM is a paid off Putinbot. I'm actually expecting my Putinbot payment to be lodged in my bank any day now. победа comrades.

The "Rebels" need to see it for what it is, a lost cause and they should surrender all weapons

They control more of the country than assad does then you have the kurds controlled lands both combined leave assad with little control and Damascus is currently under seige as we speak ,
    They won't be looking at a lost cause if anything​ it's assad should be considering his position

• Advertisement

Russia has feck all influence in the region actually if you look at it in a whole.parts of syria ,Iran , that's it putin needs the region to completely destabilise and cause an price of oil increase to prop up his own economy which oil and gas exports are his primary incomes ,

And nobody wants to see him gain any influence, has he more or less influence in very strategic Syria today? Is Russia's stock rising or falling with Syria and Iran?
    Having Peace in the middle East would suit the EU and America better on all fronts ,

Peace and control are not the same thing.

You might remember the pipeline​ story , America wanted to run a pipeline from part of iran , syria and turkey and into Europe ,this braking European dependency​ on russian oil and gas imports ,
    If that was the plan why would they destabilise the region they need most to supposedly supply Europe with oil and gas ,
    If Putin had real influence he would have had troops enmass in Syria 6 years ago to help Assad put down the protests ,
    Instead they waited 5 years and watched the country get completely destroyed

Putin is an opportunist, he saw one and grabbed it and got to make Obama look like a limp dick into the bargain.
    The issue, as I pointed out, is not what influence he had six years ago but what influence (and what level of paranoia exists about that influence) he has today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Another attack on the poor Assad family by the evil west.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39489420
    Judiciary officials said that the uncle of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad was handed $300m of public money when he was sent into exile in 1984.

Investigators said in total 503 properties linked to the family had been found, ranging from car parks to holiday homes, flats and a luxury hotel. Their total value was put at €691m (£590m; $735m)and all had been seized, they said.

One of the properties was a large farm called La Máquina worth an estimated €60m.

Haven't the Assads suffered enough already? Just a poor family trying to do the best for their country. Not stealing from their people at all.

Assad is a brutal dictator but I don't consider him a complete idiot who'd authorise a gas attack to draw the attention of the world and give chickenhawks an excuse to intervene.

What you think is irrelevant.

The UN have asked him to provide evidence of where his forces and airplanes were at the time of the incident. If he has nothing to hide he will be forthcoming with this information, if only to prove he had nothing to do with it.

Watch this space. I for one would be interested to see if he does provide the information.

By the way, the widely respected and independent ngo Human Rights Watch assigned blame for the previous Ghouta attack to the government side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_investigation_of_chemical_weapons_use_in_Ghouta

Yes they are all paid off Putinbots or something. Actually anyone who questions MSM is a paid off Putinbot. I'm actually expecting my Putinbot payment to be lodged in my bank any day now. победа comrades.

At least the putinbots are paid and do it for the money if nothing else. They have to earn a living like everyone else. I doubt most of them believe the BS they write but as long as they are paid they will continue in the job. Most people can spot a paid putinbot, they usually rehash the same "west is evil, Russia is good" mantra endlessly.

The "Rebels" need to see it for what it is, a lost cause and they should surrender all weapons

They control more of the country than assad does then you have the kurds controlled lands both combined leave assad with little control and Damascus is currently under seige as we speak ,
    They won't be looking at a lost cause if anything it's assad should be considering his position
    No chance of them winning. The problem is both seem useless at winning a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Why shouldn't they surrender to the guy who's bombing them with sarin. That seems perfectly reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No, were actual terrorists. There's clear evidence they beheaded a child.

It course they are terrorists or associated with them. Why even the need for this new group - why not the red cross or crescent?

Can you provide this clear evidence? Even if your claims are true and this happened, the entire organisation cannot be held accountable. Are organisations like the red cross or crescent on the ground and rescuing people? Are the white helmets in their way or taking from their work?

It course they are terrorists or associated with them.

Do you mean "of course", if so, how?

Grayson wrote: »

Why shouldn't they surrender to the guy who's bombing them with sarin. That seems perfectly reasonable.
    Negotiate a surrender. They have no choice. Are they likely to win the civil war?

It's not there both useless ,the assad regime has literally been bled dry he's no real army anymore ,he's totally reliant on Iranians and hizbollah to fight on the ground and both have suffered​ heavy casualties defending land that's isn't theirs and have no loyalty to ,
    Assad is keeping the majority of his forces in Damascus defending him ,
    And Putin won't commit to sending 250,000 -300,000 of his own forces either to stabilize and secure land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Can you provide this clear evidence? Even if your claims are true and this happened, the entire organisation cannot be held accountable. Are organisations like the red cross or crescent on the ground and rescuing people? Are the white helmets in their way or taking from their work?
    Serious question. Do you think it's normal for so called professional rescue workers to be obsessed with photographing children?
    What professional rescuers would photograph children when they are at their most vulnerable? Real professionals like the Red Cross or Crescent would NEVER photograph the people they are trying to rescue- especially children. They are trained to treat victims with dignity and not take pictures of them!
    It's sordid. It stinks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement