Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syria Again

Options
  • 04-04-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0404/865042-syria-gas-attack/

Just the 58 people killed today for no reason. 11 children today died for no reason.

When will this world ever stop. Forget about Trump bashing(bar war talk) we should be concentrating on targeting countries whos army kill innocent people for no reason but pure greed.

America and Russia are the leaders in the pack, but we have so many nut jobs out there who have so much power is scary to think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I see the "activists" and your man in Coventry are back in business.
    Most likely a diversion from the mass killings of civilians in Mosul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

While strict propaganda is likely minor in the EU and USA, I don't believe everything I hear on the news because of all the bias.

There are many armed groups operating in Syria, to say the Syrian Army is responsible is premature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Attack on the hospital after makes it doubly awful. All sides are pretty dispicable in this conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I see the "activists" and your man in Coventry are back in business.
    Most likely a diversion from the mass killings of civilians in Mosul.

Seriously you will do yourself​ a mischief one of these days ,

Elemonator wrote: »
    While strict propaganda is likely minor in the EU and USA, I don't believe everything I hear on the news because of all the bias.

There are many armed groups operating in Syria, to say the Syrian Army is responsible is premature.

A government airforce jet was seen releasing the weapon moments before​ people started suffering immediately afterwards ,
    And its not the first time Assad had used chemical weapons against his own population

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/britain-odds-us-bashar-al-assads-future-syria/

They are now back on message after this latest attack. I wonder why a leader would engage in a course of action that would bring this about. Then again maybe he did not personally sanction the attack, which, if so, indicates he is not fully in control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/britain-odds-us-bashar-al-assads-future-syria/

They are now back on message after this latest attack. I wonder why a leader would engage in a course of action that would bring this about. Then again maybe he did not personally sanction the attack, which, if so, indicates he is not fully in control.

You're right. He might not be in control of his military.

Horrific and cowardly weapon to use. Disgusting and barbaric way to fight a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Lol, rinsing and repeating this tired old story again? Sources - the Syrian observatory for human rights ( the fat bloke in a semi-d in Coventry) and the white helmets (proven terrorists). Such a steaming load of BS. More fake news peddled by the BBC and friends.

Gatling wrote: »
    A government airforce jet was seen releasing the weapon moments before​ people started suffering immediately afterwards ,
    And its not the first time Assad had used chemical weapons against his own population

:rolleyes: Did the fat bloke in Coventry say that or his terrorist friends in the white helmets?

The Syrian observatry for human rights-

syrian-observatory-for-human-rights.jpg

The White Helmets -

white_helmets_terrorists-1better.jpg

• Advertisement

The Syrian ]

President repeatedly using chemical weapons against his own population,
    Gets cheers from random internet serial denier ,

President repeatedly using chemical weapons against his own population,

Pure nonsense, bunkum, balderdash, lies, propaganda. It was BS the last time and it is BS now. Assad has absolutely nothing to gain by using chemical weapons.

Interesting that news of this "chemical attack" breaks just before a conference on the future of Syria opens in Brussels! Isn't it good to see Germany and the UK sit down with the likes of Kuwait and Qatar to discuss democracy. There might even be one or two Syrians at this conference- make that Syrian "activists" or "leading opposition"- I doubt if any of the 60% of the population of Syria who live in government controlled areas are invited to discuss Syria's future though.
    https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/news_corner/news/brussels-conference-supporting-future-syria-and-region-4-5-april-2017_en

Pure nonsense, bunkum, balderdash, lies, propaganda. It was BS the last time and it is BS now. Assad has absolutely nothing to gain by using chemical weapons.

Lol really nothing to gain really ,

So it's been repeatedly proven he's used chemical weapons against his own population and yet some randomer claims propaganda ,

Gold comedy gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I dont know, I'd be in favour of dropping a few Daisy cutters on Assad's head if his forces try and take more territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Watched the program done on those abducted and killed by the Assad regime on C4 last week
    . Horrific.

When shown the photos taken by his own people he claimed they were doctored.

I dont know, I'd be in favour of dropping a few Daisy cutters on Assad's head if his forces try and take more territory.

Considering he's under seige in Damascus as we speak it wouldn't much to remove certain capabilities to launch chemical weapons ,
    Take away his jets and helicopters first and foremost

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

http://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0404/865042-syria-gas-attack/

Just the 58 people killed today for no reason. 11 children today died for no reason.

When will this world ever stop. Forget about Trump bashing(bar war talk) we should be concentrating on targeting countries whos army kill innocent people for no reason but pure greed.

America and Russia are the leaders in the pack, but we have so many nut jobs out there who have so much power is scary to think.

As long as paper and digital money exists, the war with greed will continue. It will never end until we create a new working system of equality for all. The Utopia we all want.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

If Syrian forces try to take Syrian territory? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

This is as bad as the time saddam was butchering babies in incubators.

• Advertisement

Benjamin Netanyahu has called on the international community to "fully and finally remove these horrible weapons from Syria."

Makes you wonder if isreal might take the lead on removing Assads chemical weapons ,Putin proved useless after claiming assad gave up his chemical weapons ,

Putins bad because he took non Russian territory. Assad is bad because he wants to keep his own.

Killing shia in Yemen and civilians in Iraq is OK because, well, let's not mention the war(s). Sure aa hell the media doesn't.

Lol really nothing to gain really ,

So it's been repeatedly proven he's used chemical weapons against his own population and yet some randomer claims propaganda ,

Gold comedy gold

The comedy is assuming that assad had any reason to do this. Why?

Of course it's nonsense. Trump is not interested in overthrowing assad and hey, presto, just as he is getting away with it assad goes and drops chemical bombs. The man has no self control.

The comedy is assuming that assad had any reason to do this. Why?

The man has no self control.

Exactly 6 years and numerous chemical attack's later and some randomer with a keyboard said it didn't happen ,

Because why would he ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

This is as bad as the time saddam was butchering babies in incubators.

Are you saying that the incident didn't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The same owl sources that said Saddam had chemical weapons :pac:

Western media is filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Nothing like a thread about Syria to attract the usual tin foil hat brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was wrong about Saddam Hussein and Iraq. He should have just been left at it. Saddam Hussein was a bad man but he kept order.

I want a bad man governing Syria. As long as they man those borders and stop people from invading Europe, I couldn't give a **** what he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Rwandan Hutus were also trying to take back Rwandan territory until the pesky international community started to complain.

If only we all kept quiet and allowed Assad massacre his own people in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Rwandan Hutus were also trying to take back Rwandan territory until the pesky international community started to complain.

If only we all kept quiet and allowed Assad massacre his own people in peace.

What massacre?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement