Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syria Again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Idiot in Chief weighs in: "President Obama said in 2012 that he would establish a 'red line' against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing," Trump said, in reference to Obama's decision not to bomb the Syrian government after a similar chemical release in Ghouta, near Damascus, in 2013.

"These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the last administration's weakness and irresolution."

Idiot in Chief weighed in a while back, too:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373527227935518720

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373146637184401408

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375757214763732992

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/378389940671107072

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/377038618407493632

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375075774644363264

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375609403376144384

Idiot in Chief has continued drone strikes in Syria and across the middle east, ramping them up by something like 400% since taking office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sure are. Quick question. Why do we need the white helmets when the red crescent could operate in rebel held territory just as well?

That's not a very smart question really. By that logic, we should only have one of everything, just because.

Unarmed civilians putting themselves in harms way to save people, and some people want to tarnish them because they lack critical thinking. They may not be politically impartial, but that's not reason enough to instigate a tarnish campaign.

I mean, does anybody think it's possible that maybe, just maybe, Russia and Assad are targeting the White Helmets as they are using their popularity to alert the world to the atrocities both Russia and Assad are committing in Syria?
    As usual there is absolutely no solid proof to back up these claims. Just the word of terrorists, and a one man band known as the Syrian observatory for human rights.

I doubt you see the irony in this comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It does, you're right. It certainly didn't do you any favours. You could be the poster child for education reform.

Touched a nerve didn't​ I ,

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »

Lol

Stop touching yourself.

Stop touching yourself.

That's exactly what I said when some randomer sent me a images of a half naked man ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Lol

You get your free house yet?

b_mac2 wrote: »
    You get your free house yet?

Who's giving away free houses and are they in syria and will I need protection​ from hazardous​ chemicals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

That's exactly what I said when some randomer sent me a images of a half naked man ,

What has you having images of half naked men have to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I see you don't mention russian cluster bombs been used again Syrians in syria

Oops

Imo, we should start with those who have done the greatest damage in the ME.

Those who drew the maps, those who protect the beheaders of a certain oil rich country, and those who fund the zionists and their ethnic cleansing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

May and Trump calling for sanctions, coalition of the willing pt 2 anyone?

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Imo, we should start with those who have done the greatest damage in the ME.

Those who drew the maps, those who protect the beheaders of a certain oil rich country, and those who fund the zionists and their ethnic cleansing.

The British and French , then russia then America and then back to someone else ,
    History is a fickle thing

Any how back to the current issue at hand Assad chemical attack ,
    I thought the UN security council meeting was pretty interesting in the scheme of things ,
    The Syrian ambassador ," it wasn't us we don't have chemical weapons ,
    The russians ambassador stop blaming us ,it wasn't​ the Syrians ,
    The British ambassador nodding his head in a comic like fashion ,
    Cue Nikki Haley US ambassador
    Who stated in a pretty obvious manner they were willing to go it alone to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Im beginning to think the western propaganda system needs a major overhaul for the 21st Century

I agree. Oh, and they're working on it as we speak no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Billy86 wrote: »
    Idiot in Chief weighs in: "President Obama said in 2012 that he would establish a 'red line' against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing," Trump said, in reference to Obama's decision not to bomb the Syrian government after a similar chemical release in Ghouta, near Damascus, in 2013.

"These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the last administration's weakness and irresolution."

Idiot in Chief weighed in a while back, too:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373146637184401408

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375757214763732992

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/378389940671107072

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/377038618407493632

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375075774644363264

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/375609403376144384

Idiot in Chief has continued drone strikes in Syria and across the middle east, ramping them up by something like 400% since taking office.

He has given the Pentagon free reign on drone attacks, or the very least it is being considered.
    The drone wars are very serious crimes.

I agree. Oh, and they're working on it as we speak no doubt.

Just keep repeating it's all lies .

While crying about​ propaganda

In the words of songtress​ alanis morissette "isn't it Ironic"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump will be seriously stupid if he gets directly involved in Syria, other than attacking ISIS.

Just keep repeating it's all lies

I don't know if it's lies or not - and neither do you - that's the issue here. Western mainstream news is not immune from disseminating propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

That's not a very smart question really. By that logic, we should only have one of everything, just because.

Unarmed civilians putting themselves in harms way to save people, and some people want to tarnish them because they lack critical thinking. They may not be politically impartial, but that's not reason enough to instigate a tarnish campaign.

I mean, does anybody think it's possible that maybe, just maybe, Russia and Assad are targeting the White Helmets as they are using their popularity to alert the world to the atrocities both Russia and Assad are committing in Syria?

The white helmets are not civilians. They are allied with the "moderate rebels". I didn't ask you why both the red crescent and the white helmets operate in rebel territory but why only one does.

Answer - largely they are a propoganda operation.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Trump will be seriously stupid if he gets directly involved in Syria, other than attacking ISIS.

Unfortunately looks like the war party has turned him.

Im beginning to this the Irish education system needs a major overhaul

Ad hom. I'm pretty sure my educational credentials would blow yours away. And they aren't all Irish.

Do you have any substantive points to make that are material to the discussion?

• Advertisement

They control more of the country than assad does then you have the kurds controlled lands both combined leave assad with little control and Damascus is currently under seige as we speak ,
    They won't be looking at a lost cause if anything​ it's assad should be considering his position

So you are in favour of the rebels taking Damascus then? Care to tell us what you expect will happen if they do

I don't know if it's lies or not - and neither do you - that's the issue here. Western mainstream news is not immune from disseminating propaganda.

This is it exactly ,but this is 4 chemical weapons attack on syrian civilians 3 have previously been investigated by the UN which attributed the attacks to the Assad regime ,

Yes we had the WMD excuse for the 2nd gulf war but should every single incident be considered Western propaganda ,if that's was the case then Assad or any other regime has carte blanche to use chemical weapons as long as they claim it's Western propaganda to force a regime change ,
    6 years later after they supposedly​ started​ the war in syria (according to several posters ) .

For instance chemical weapons attacks that's Western propaganda ,I'm looking at both views here , then posters are claiming cluster bombs are been used in yemen against peasant civilians,ok so we get Assad regime propaganda then you point out russia is using cluster munitions against Syrian civilians that's ok though because russia is only using precision weapons to Target isis no cluster bombs or dumb unguided bombs , because russia said so ,
    But russian​ state tv shows russian aircraft dropping cluster munitions and dumb unguided bombs,
    So we end with it's Western propaganda saying this but russia shows otherwise they are using the exact same weapons they cry about Saudi using in yemen ,

There is one side of the story
    The other side of the story
    And somewhere in the middle you will find some truth

This is it exactly ,but this is 4 chemical weapons attack on syrian civilians 3 have previously been investigated by the UN which attributed the attacks to the Assad regime

A February 2014 report from the UN Human Rights Council stated that the chemical agents used in the Khan-Al-Assal attack bore the "same unique hallmarks" as those used in the 2013 Ghouta attacks. The UN report also indicated that the perpetrators of the Al-Ghouta attack "likely had access to the chemical weapons stockpile of the Syrian military". In neither incident, however, was the commission’s "evidentiary threshold" met in regard to identifying the perpetrators of the chemical attacks.

U.N report A-HRC-25-65

This took me about three minutes to find (my emphasis at the end there). If I was an anti-Assad jihadi I'd know that an Assad-blamed gas attack would be the absolute best way of having western forces intervene on 'my' side. If I was Assad I'd know that using chemical weapons would risk throwing away any hard-fought for strategic gains by drawing the attention of western chickenhawks.

A February 2014 report from the UN Human Rights Council stated that the chemical agents used in the Khan-Al-Assal attack bore the "same unique hallmarks" as those used in the 2013 Ghouta attacks. The UN report also indicated that the perpetrators of the Al-Ghouta attack "likely had access to the chemical weapons stockpile of the Syrian military". In neither incident, however, was the commission’s "evidentiary threshold" met in regard to identifying the perpetrators of the chemical attacks.

U.N report A-HRC-25-65

This took me about three minutes to find (my emphasis at the end there). If I was an anti-Assad jihadi I'd know that an Assad-blamed gas attack would be the absolute best way of having western forces intervene on 'my' side. If I was Assad I'd know that using chemical weapons would risk throwing away any hard-fought for strategic gains by drawing the attention of western chickenhawks.

August 2016 two years later .

August 2016 – The Syrian Airforce and ISIL used toxic chemicals as weapons, according to a new report issued on Tuesday by Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and United Nations Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM), and mandated by the UN Security Council.

The Mechanism, led by a three-person Leadership Panel (Virginia Gamba, Adrian Neritani, Eberhard Schanze), examined nine cases of previously-documented chemical weapons use to establish who was responsible for using them.

The Panel found what it described as “sufficient evidence” of three cases of chemical weapons use – two chlorine gas attacks on civilians by the Syrian air force, and another use of “sulphur-mustard” gas by the terrorist group ISIL, or Daesh – in Syria between 2014 and 2015.

The Mechanism was mandated by Security Council resolution 2235 (2015) to identify, to the greatest extent feasible, those involved in the use of toxic chemicals as weapons in the Syrian Arab Republic. Earlier, a Fact Finding Mission (FFM) mandated by the Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) had determined that a specific incident in the Syrian conflict involved or likely involved the use of toxic chemicals as weapons.

After reviewing all the information gathered, the Mechanism found no evidence that armed opposition groups had been operating helicopters at the time and location of the cases investigated.
    The report comes as the UN General Assembly prepares to mark, on Wednesday, 31 August, the International Day against Nuclear Tests, dedicated to coalescing global efforts towards achieving a world free of another form of weapons of mass destruction, namely: nuclear weapons.

So we know he's actually chemical weapons and yet people including yourself and trying to explain it way with why would assad do such a thing ,
    After 6 years of slaughtering his own population you ask why and what would be have to gain ,
    He's got away with it even after the red was crossed long ago ,

So we know he's actually chemical weapons and yet people including yourself and trying to explain it way with why would assad do such a thing

I'm a natural sceptic - I'm not trying to explain it away. I don't give a damn about Assad, as far as I'm concerned he's a brutal dictator.

What concerns me is what chaotic mess might fill the void left if the Assad regime falls. ISIS eventually filled the void left by the disaster in Iraq. Iraq and Libya were much more stable when Saddam and Gaddafi were in charge - bad and all as they were.

Dictatorships replaced by failed states with Islamofascist nutters wreaking havoc isn't exactly good for us in Europe. Europe is trying to manage a refugee crisis we haven't seen the likes of since WWII.

It seems to me that the more the west gets involved in the Middle East the worse things get. The west also tends to get involved in wrecking the secular states and leaves alone places like Saudi Arabia which is the wellspring, and supporter, of a lot of Islamofascist lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The white helmets are not civilians. They are allied with the "moderate rebels". I didn't ask you why both the red crescent and the white helmets operate in rebel territory but why only one does.

Answer - largely they are a propoganda operation.

I guess some proof is out of the question?

They are volunteers and are not part of the military, they are civilians, regardless of their political stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I guess some proof is out of the question?

They are volunteers and are not part of the military, they are civilians, regardless of their political stance.
    How many millions do these "volunteers" and "civilians" receive from NATO?
    Real volunteer rescue workers do not make films about themselves showing how brilliant they are. Real volunteer rescue workers do not get nominated for an academy award. Goebbels would be impressed by this lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

How many millions do these "volunteers" and "civilians" receive from NATO?
    Real volunteer rescue workers do not make films about themselves showing how brilliant they are. Real volunteer rescue workers do not get nominated for an academy award. Goebbels would be impressed by this lot!
    Haven't seen it but it was produced and directed by a pair British filmmakers whose other work before was on the Congo, snowboarding and skateboarding, and was distributed by netflix who probably figured (correctly) that they would make a high return on their investment. Tonnes of documentaries have been made on volunteer efforts from Greenpeace to Doctors Without Borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

A government airforce jet was seen releasing the weapon moments before​ people started suffering immediately afterwards ,
    And its not the first time Assad had used chemical weapons against his own population

It was a false flag attack. The chemical weapons were used by the US funded/armed "rebels". Why would Assad use chemical weapons on his own people when he's fully aware what the consequences would be?? It will be used as an excuse to totally invade Syria and take out Assad. Stop believing everything Dobbo tells you on RTE. Trump is just a puppet and he has been got at by the so called elites. Expect an invasion of Syria in the very near future which will more than likely lead to war with Russia.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

A government airforce jet was seen releasing the weapon moments before​ people started suffering immediately afterwards ,
    And its not the first time Assad had used chemical weapons against his own population
    And hows that "stopping people invading Europe" working out? 2 million refugees have come to Europe and Syrian based ISIS carry out almost weekly attacks here since Assad started his murderous crackdown. A real success indeed. "Bad men" tend to beget many more bad men.

Really struggling to figure out if these guys are trolls or are they really as gullible, brainwashed and misinformed as they appear to be? How is it possible to be so out of touch with reality?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement