Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Music Did You Like Listening To As A Teenager?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The height of Brit Pop and Indie on the 90s for me, Oasis, Blur, Suede. Really liked Ash, and went to the Promo Tour of 1977 at The London Astoria. Also liked Catatonia, Space, The Stereophonics, Placebo, and Gomez. New Order were also a fantastic band (and still are). At the age of 18/19 would usually head into HMV on payday, spending money on the latest CD singles and albums.

Despite all that, some how managed to miss The Stone Roses, and only discovered them in the 00s. Was still glad I did though. Was many others I listened to, as taste was quite ecleptic, and listened to quite a bit of BBCR1. Jo Whiley show from 1pm (I think) was my favorite. NME and Q magazine were also two resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

At 14-17 my schoolbag (bought in Army Bargains of course) had Twister Sister, Ozzy, Sonic Youth, Suicidal Tendencies, Slayer, WASP, Metallica, etc etc written all over it. I was obsessed with heavy rock to trash metal. Buying tapes was an expensive business but used to record songs off the old Sound Cellar radio show (I think that's what it was called). Was lucky enough to see quite a few of the above out in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire in the mid to late 80's. Good times.

Are you me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Eagle Eye Cherry
    Bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

thesultan wrote: »
    There first three albums were amazing
    I found Kings of Leon boring from the beginning. They emerged at the tail end of the retro rock revival in the early 00s and failed to convince me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

What you have listed above is my kind of music. The ones I would add to that list would be Rod Stewart, Tina Turner,Men At Work even though they only had the one hit wonder Do You Come From A Land Down Under. Also the Clash and The Eagles. Great music in great times.

Incorrect, they'd quite a few hits such as

and this gem which was revived by an appearance by lead singer Colin Hay in scrubs a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Simon & Garfunkel
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Joan Baez
    Donovan
    James Taylor
    Cat Stephens
    Jose Feliciano
    Beatles
    Seekers (original)

Several others in the same genre too numerous to list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Incorrect, they'd quite a few hits such as

and this gem which was revived by an appearance by lead singer Colin Hay in scrubs a few years ago

Who Can it be now I do remember actually I'm humming right now as I type but Over Kill I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Only discovered pearl jam in college, loved better man. Read noel Gallaghers and ocs's influences got into the Beatles, the who, small faces , the stones etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Duff wrote: »
    This album was my youth and thus spawned my love for pop-punk that is still with me today.

I discovered that album around 10 years after it was released when I was 14 and I've never loved an album more. I think it's the sort of thing that will always resonate with teenagers. It completely shaped my music taste for the rest of my teens as well.

I also vividly remember discovering Anti-Flag when I was 15 and being utterly shocked that bands could say things like that about the government and get away with it. Still have a lot of love for protest music now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    First 2 albums!

Because Of The Times is their best album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement