Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion at St Petersburg Metro (read first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Just watching sky news, it looks like Alan did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I assume 'the end of the world is nigh' hysterics brought about by modern day 24/7 media are in full flow here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 million people use that system every day through nearly 60 stations,they find the one person who allegedly planted a suitcase, within a few hours.

Ok

Twas the IRA

Happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Ok

Twas the IRA

Happy now?
    :rolleyes:

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

But even still.. with other attacks in other nations, they weren't so quick to release information on the suspects. It just seems ... odd.

You can be sure that the authorities on other nations have images of the culprit fairly soon afterwards and probably have identified him shortly after that. CCTV is everywhere. They just don't release it straight away, probably due to a combination of factors, such as they don't want to tip anyone off that may have colluded with them and are wary of any backlash if they get it wrong. Russia don't care about that
    2 million people use that system every day through nearly 60 stations,they find the one person who allegedly planted a suitcase, within a few hours.

What's not believable about that? I'm sure the trains are checked every time they get to the end of the line, so that narrows the timeframe down if it was clear at the last check. Then they probably started with the station that the explosion took place in or a few stops before. They had a description and probably many people looking at the footage. It's completely believable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Lets be honest without any other information, just based on pictures of everyone who entered the subway within a certain timeframe, we could all narrow down the list of suspects pretty quickly.

I think archer said it best..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So several eye witnesses saw him drop a briefcase and board another train. Presumably these eyewitnesses were close to him to have seen it. They were close enough to witness, and yet survived?

Or did they quickly move away when they saw him drop and run? Did they warn others of his actions? Or just go and save themselves, leaving the poor unsuspecting to perish.

Very fishy.

There is also the interesting implication that it wasn't a suicide bombing then, which would be quite rare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Silane wrote: »
    They weren't as quick to release the information because they were more worried about political correctness than public safety. Especially in the Berlin attack where a politician delayed the release of photo's of the attacker to prevent negative sentiment against muslims.
    The Russians aren't so worried about hurting people's feelings, they're more interested in hurting the attackers.

I agree with you somewhat, but I think that the Police in Germany (and other European countries) want to be sure they have the right guy. The media would have a frenzy if they released a photo of the wrong guy and that guy was beaten to death.

I think there's a right way to do it, release the photo as soon as you are 100% sure. Anybody hiding the identity due to fear of retaliation towards the Muslim people in that country, should be hung, drawn and quartered. Like, seriously, to hell with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

There is also the interesting implication that it wasn't a suicide bombing then, which would be quite rare

not really, the brussels bomber also escaped and hid isis attacks aren't exclucively suicidal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

They were given instructions to attack in a variety of ways and would not all become martyrs.

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    not really, the brussels bomber also escaped and hid isis attacks aren't exclucively suicidal

Attacks in Russia are usually done by the Caucasus Emirate, and invariably suicide attacks. AFAIK ISIS haven't done any attacks in Russia to date

They were given instructions to attack in a variety of ways and would not all become martyrs.

Who are they?

Who are they?

The subjects of the comment I replied to. ISIS. Or were you referring to others who're notorious for suicide bombings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    And they wonder where the claims of a false flag are coming from currently doing the rounds across the internet

Stills from CCTV. It's not the 1900s Gatling, photos don't have to be developed in dark rooms anymore. Adjust your tin foil hat there, it's on too tight, good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Attacks in Russia are usually done by the Caucasus Emirate, and invariably suicide attacks. AFAIK ISIS haven't done any attacks in Russia to date

They not have a fairly strong alliance with Isis?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Stills from CCTV. It's not the 1900s Gatling, photos don't have to be developed in dark rooms anymore. Adjust your tin foil hat there, it's on too tight, good lad.

What are you on about.

Then again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yes. Trained bomb makers are a great commodity to terror groups. They usually send the absolute banging lunatics to blow themselves up.

Even more reason to watch out for the guys coming back from Syria and Iraq into Europe. I'm sure basic bomb making would have been part of the lesson. A nutter can kill himself and 10/20/100 people. A bomb maker can kill thousand's, with the assistance of loonies.

They not have a fairly strong alliance with Isis?

I don't think so, they are actually in competition in many cases, for supporters and resources. Similar to the Taliban-ISIS rivalry in Afghanistan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Of all the countries to bomb, I would not want to be on the run from the FSB or the Russian security services.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Very sad to think that such atrocities are forgotten within days.

The London attack outside the house of commons is gone. Well it's off the front pages now.

So is Nice,

And so many others, within days really.

Terrorism is a 24 hour thing now, so sad for the victims and the families, but that is the reality now.

• Advertisement

I don't think so, they are actually in competition in many cases, for supporters and resources. Similar to the Taliban-ISIS rivalry in Afghanistan

They're two cheeks of the same àrse, same goals same horrible, horrific results.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Very sad to think that such atrocities are forgotten within days.

The London attack outside the house of commons is gone. Well it's off the front pages now.

So is Nice,

And so many others, within days really.

Terrorism is a 24 hour thing now, so sad for the victims and the families, but that is the reality now.

That's it we've several wars on going and multiple terror attacks happening on a daily basis across the globe ,attacks now become old news pretty quick unfortunately ,
    Didn't even hear a peep about an attack recently on a women's section of a mosque in Pakistan on Friday that killed 22 people

They're two cheeks of the same àrse, same goals same horrible, horrific results.

They have different goals

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Of all the countries to bomb, I would not want to be on the run from the FSB or the Russian security services.

Nope, can't even enjoy a cup of tea when the Russians are after you

They have different goals

All involve killing Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I assume 'the end of the world is nigh' hysterics brought about by modern day 24/7 media are in full flow here again.

Nope, it's the Europe's never been safer crew that have arrived apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Reports now from Sky News via Russian media that it is believed to be a suicide bomber. And also that the guy who's Picture that was floating around has handed himself in to say he wasn't involved.

All involve killing Christians.

Great insight you got there

Reports now from Sky News via Russian media that it is believed to be a suicide bomber. And also that the guy who's Picture that was floating around has handed himself in to say he wasn't involved.

Makes more sense

• Advertisement

Who are they?

My comment posted right after another of your comments that mentioned Chechnyans, which I didn't see at the time as it wasnt showing at my end, and I'd only seen your previous one and someone's response about ISIS methods, so, thinking we'd moved on from the Chechnyans, I assumed it was ISIS you were talking about. Too many suicide bombers running around! Back to the Chechnyans, so...

Advertisement