Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a break/holiday this year ?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote: »
    Santa was very good here and brought youngest lad 2 tickets to the liverpool Manchester United game in 3 weeks. He is super excited. I suppose I will have to use the other ticket.... going for 2 nights. Will be a nice pre calving break

Big games bring serious revenue to those cities. I was in Manchester before lamma show. 100+ rooms would have been booked months in advance. Hotel manager was going mad saying they were losing a fortune as there was an fa cup reply that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

visatorro wrote: »
    Big games bring serious revenue to those cities. I was in Manchester before lamma show. 100+ rooms would have been booked months in advance. Hotel manager was going mad saying they were losing a fortune as there was an fa cup reply that night!

Ye in fairness liverpool is a nice place and everyone is very friendly. Flight is just over 30 minutes. Young lad did a list in school of the top 10 places in the world he'd like to go to, a liverpool Manchester United game was number 2 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Staying 2 nights in Dublin instead, the girlfriend got sick and was only better the other day.

No holiday but I bought an electric massage thingy and I fell asleep on the couch. As good as its gonna get but I needed something. Fecking tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

No holiday but I bought an electric massage thingy and I fell asleep on the couch. As good as its gonna get but I needed something. Fecking tired!
    I bought myself a slightly used Sharpe's Belmont 10'#7 fly rod with a hard case for €57 and c.€12 delivery. It arrived in perfect condition on Tuesday and I've had a few dry cases with a bit of wool since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Pic of the rod

Everyone's in the same boat. When do hotels reopen. Lad who does milkings for me is out since mid March after having surgery and treatment so I've done every milking since. I normally get away for a few days often enough.

whelan2 wrote:
    Everyone's in the same boat. When do hotels reopen. Lad who does milkings for me is out since mid March after having surgery and treatment so I've done every milking since. I normally get away for a few days often enough.

I'd say they don't know themselves when they'll open. Hospitality is going to be tricky if social distancing is to be adhered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

If I remember right, hotels reopen in mid July but no bars working. So just accommodation and food, with the physical distancing in place. Personally, can't see the attraction of that or wanting to go.

I've Centre Parcs booked for the end of September. Booked at Christmas. Will probably cancel and then there'll be no trips anywhere this year for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

If I remember right, hotels reopen in mid July but no bars working. So just accommodation and food, with the physical distancing in place. Personally, can't see the attraction of that or wanting to go.

I've Centre Parcs booked for the end of September. Booked at Christmas. Will probably cancel and then there'll be no trips anywhere this year for us.

Yeah family have the same booked for oct but trying to say to them now what's the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Have a family ski trip booked for end of December. Hoping to God that things will be back to some bit of normality by then and that we can go. We went skiing to Austria after xmas 2018. It was the first time for my two girls and they loved it. Holiday of a lifetime to be honest!

Parishlad wrote: »
    Have a family ski trip booked for end of December. Hoping to God that things will be back to some bit of normality by then and that we can go. We went skiing to Austria after xmas 2018. It was the first time for my two girls and they loved it. Holiday of a lifetime to be honest!

It's great to have something to look forward to. We'd normally be on the countdown here at this time of year until we would be going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's great to have something to look forward to. We'd normally be on the countdown here at this time of year until we would be going away.

Looking forward to a holiday is nearly the best part of it. :)

We haven't gone on a sun holiday abroad in years. My wife is a primary school teacher and she normally brings the girls to one of the Gaeltachts for a week or two every Summer. Our family have a mobile home in Lahinch also so we spend a good bit of time up around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Was supposed to be in Edinburgh last weekend for the Munster game. Hotel refunded me 2 nights. Still waiting on Aer Lingus voucher. Only 1 milking missed this year because of a kidney infection. Would normally take a milking off every weekend but no point at the moment as there's no place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

It’s hard to know when things will be ok to go away or stay in a hotel for a while again. We might try to get away for a few days around October bank holiday when kids are off. We’ll see what the story is then - but I don’t see us going anywhere before this.

To be honest, if we got the next few weeks over us and we were able to see friends and family again we’d be happy enough staying at home I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Remember if you wash your hands regularly, don't touch your eyes,nose ears or mouth and practice social distancing and are otherwise healthy, you should not be afraid of hotels or b&b's in Ireland
    The virus doesn't fly in the window
    You control its access to your body

Same at airports ,except also wear a mask in the airport and on the plane
    It's the new normal
    But you need to have that escape to look forward to

Kids are an issue and or people not good at properly putting on and taking off masks and gloves

Gone west for a few days. Booked a house near Doolin for a few days.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Gone west for a few days. Booked a house near Doolin for a few days.

West watch out

Carlow bound next week for a wee while. Center Park was 1450 for 4 nights. Its meant to be good but I can't stomach that just yet

Reggie. wrote: »
    West watch out

It's a lovely spot. Pity about the weather today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

davidk1394 wrote: »
    It's a lovely spot. Pity about the weather today.

I was pouring concrete out there this morning, rotten weather for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Touch and go here but still hoping to head west ourselves.
    Beer cooling in the caravan fridge already 😎

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Might head to Wexford at the weekend with herself.

For a bit of a combine.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Might head to Wexford at the weekend with herself.

For a bit of a combine.

Dont spoil her anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

had a meeting yesterday evening in a Dublin hotel. 250 members of an ethnic minority were staying over. The wedding was in a different location

We went to tayto park today. We were there for 9.30. Was grand until lunchtime. Then was very busy. They say online they are only admitting 10% of their capacity which would be 1450 people. There was way more than that. Queues of up to an hour for some rides when we were leaving. Kids really enjoyed themselves though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Off camping in Kerry for the weekend. Let's hope the flooding stops lol.

Advertisement