Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a break/holiday this year ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nope. Gifts, stags, weekend in a five star. Put a nice hole in the holiday fund and Mrs freedoms days off.

Have the brothers stag in a few weeks, it's not a cheap weekend, followed by the wedding in a few weeks after.

Still, hope to steal two Nights away inthe caravan over Halloween afterwards with the kids.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

mahoney_j wrote: »
    In lahinch ,tis fookin Baltic

We want to see the holiday photos:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Home, jeep unloaded, roof box packed away, oldest mowing lawn, rest hoovering phucking sand out of the jeep.

Me tea drank and on way with second mower to add a bit of pace to 3rd cut knocking.

Recharged and ready for action

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Down near Dungarvan on a campsite. Lovely day today, glad we didn't go to Donegal!
    Green way cycling in the morning and then sea kayaking tomorrow evening. Going shooting Saturday afternoon.
    Well worth getting away.

Only inishowen that was badly affected so they tell me anyway. Im away for a week in carrick on shannon.
    Cows were in last night but back out today and apparently the fields are surprisingly hard at home "Donegal"

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

heading home today, in Wicklow since tues. lots to see and do being so near Dublin. eldest back to school for a few hrs in morning, :-) not tired any more which is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,100 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

heading home today, in Wicklow since tues. lots to see and do being so near Dublin. eldest back to school for a few hrs in morning, :-) not tired any more which is great

Ours not back to school until Wednesday,Thursday and Friday. Dreading the getting the uniforms ,breakfasts and lunches done.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ours not back to school until Wednesday,Thursday and Friday. Dreading the getting the uniforms ,breakfasts and lunches done.

I feel your pain, second one was in ladt mon n tues for induction days, all back by thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I feel your pain, second one was in ladt mon n tues for induction days, all back by thurs

Wife back to school Wednesday. Can't fecking wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Off now for a forthright
    Current temp at destination 29c :)
    Next bit of calving due to start about a week after we get back

I've absolutely zero intention of looking at a phone,never mind posting on the internet for the next 2 weeks
    The deputies are in charge and they've carte blanche

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Wife back to school Wednesday. Can't fecking wait

Why? Sure you'll have to fend for yourself then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Well i went inthe end and thats when things started to go wrong.landed out there and a bit of grub and retired for the night.started to get fierce sick and.gave all night throwing up.put it down as food poisoning and stuck it until lunch time but it was getting worse.long,long story short ended up having my appendix out yesterday and then the battle to get on the plane today.home now and one cup of tea and a mashed potato and im flying it.cest la vie as they say in paris

K.G. wrote: »
    Well i went inthe end and thats when things started to go wrong.landed out there and a bit of grub and retired for the night.started to get fierce sick and.gave all night throwing up.put it down as food poisoning and stuck it until lunch time but it was getting worse.long,long story short ended up having my appendix out yesterday and then the battle to get on the plane today.home now and one cup of tea and a mashed potato and im flying it.cest la vie as they say in paris

At least they took them out. How did you find the health service there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

whelan2 wrote: »
    At least they took them out. How did you find the health service there?

Ah things went fine.but it was a hard couple of days on the children

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

En route to the peoples Republic for a stag. Any bars that an old before they're time crew can have abit of craic but also hear what we're saying as we're all deaf?!
    This twelve years since I was in Cork, think it was riordans I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Herself booked a week in tenirefe for the end of the month a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

Herself booked a week in tenirefe for the end of the month a few days ago.

What are you doing while shes gone?

tanko wrote: »

Whatever he likes :D

tanko wrote: »

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

visatorro wrote: »
    En route to the peoples Republic for a stag. Any bars that an old before they're time crew can have abit of craic but also hear what we're saying as we're all deaf?!

Try the Old Oak on Oliver Plunkett. Or maybe the Ovens bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Riordans is still the main spot but plenty others within walking distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

Away to clare for a couple of days.

What part? Waiting in the airport to go home, I have enough of sun seen for the year now.

Be careful. Rough crowd down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

3 nights in Krakow booked this morning.
    And a week off work to do more work for midterm. The excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

3 nights in Krakow booked this morning.
    And a week off work to do more work for midterm. The excitement!

I must do something similar before Christmas, any good place for good deals .
    Would there be much heat in Spain around now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Bullocks wrote: »

Still 30c widely as a snap sent to me from a pool under blue skies in fuertoventura somewhere seems to indicate :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Did ours with ‘Click and Go’
    €388 for flights and accomodation.
    If yer with 3 mobile there’s a 10% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

There are plenty of incredibly cheap holiday packages to Canarias in December at the minute, I'm on my way home from Cyprus tomorrow morning, had a fantastic trip here, very cheap and great weather still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

You can go storm chasing in Wexford.

But bring your own genny or leave it at home if you want for the candle light experience.
    Very romantic.

• Advertisement

Floki wrote: »
    You can go storm chasing in Wexford.

But bring your own genny or leave it at home if you want for the candle light experience.
    Very romantic.

Do you ever go on holidays

Advertisement