Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a break/holiday this year ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

visatorro wrote: »
    Centre parks is meant to be dear alright but I'll suss it out for the craic

I was there for a week with the kids. Dear first day when booking, but when you're there you realise what your paying for. I would recommend it. Best value if you've kids between 6 and 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I was there for a week with the kids. Dear first day when booking, but when you're there you realise what your paying for. I would recommend it. Best value if you've kids between 6 and 15.

Been to centre parcs the past 2 years - kids are only 5 and 7 now, and they love it.
    As said above - fear when booking, but it’s a real holiday, the kids absolutely loved it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Reggie. wrote: »
    Supposed to be a rob
    Been to centre parcs the past 2 years - kids are only 5 and 7 now, and they love it.
    As said above - fear when booking, but it’s a real holiday, the kids absolutely loved it...
    I was thinking of hauling OH for a two/three day break in the New Year to the Centre Parcs place in Ballymahon. It would be ideal cause its only about 20 miles away. Do they offer hotel/in-house accommodation - I can't see it offered when I logged onto the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Supposed to be a rob

No supposed about it! But no bother to you with your wallet!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Muckit wrote: »
    No supposed about it! But no bother to you with your wallet!! :D

Sure that means I've to open it

• Advertisement

I think when you've young kids it's worth paying the extra for convenience.

A cheap holiday isn't value if you can't relax and honestly call it a holiday. Just my view.

Sure that means I've to open it

I always joke with herself when we're out for bit to eat that would she get it, that lve "forgot my wallet!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Anyone know of a good spot for skiing over the Christmas holidays? I want to go off for a few days with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good spot for skiing over the Christmas holidays? I want to go off for a few days with friends.

I don’t know, or care, so long as it’s not Ireland.......:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

davidk1394 wrote: »

Are you more interested in drinking or skiing lol? If its skiing then your best best is to head as high as possible up the alps, and ideally somewhere with a glacier to ski on. The likes of 3 valleys, Tignes in France, Solden in Austria would be perfect. Avoid anywhere in the southern Italian alpes that time of the year, early season snow has been terrible. I've used Action-outdoors.co.uk last few years, good company if your on a budget (and in general you'll want a high budget for Xmas week!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Supposed to be flying out from Shannon tomorrow evening for a wedding abroad over the weekend. What's the chances of our flight being cancelled I wonder.

Base price wrote: »
    I was thinking of hauling OH for a two/three day break in the New Year to the Centre Parcs place in Ballymahon. It would be ideal cause its only about 20 miles away. Do they offer hotel/in-house accommodation - I can't see it offered when I logged onto the website.

Not 100% now Base, but I dont think so.

Their thing is more self-catering chalets in the forest, then restaurants on-site (prob around 10 min walk away) for any meals you want... There are delivery options available as well...
    (At least thats the way the ones in the UK work, we havent been to the Ballymahon one yet, as it wasnt open in time for us this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

Is it just you and the OH, or are there kids too? As far as I know, Centre Parcs is geared towards families with young kids. It mightn't be the best spot if it's just the two of ye......But, I could be totally wrong too... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That would be nuts...

Head down to Monart instead and treat yerselves!

https://www.monart.ie/

The ice house in Ballina Co. Mayo is also very nice for getaway. Pricey though. We got a deal on Pigsback when we went a few years ago

hopeso wrote: »
    Is it just you and the OH, or are there kids too? As far as I know, Centre Parcs is geared towards families with young kids. It mightn't be the best spot if it's just the two of ye......But, I could be totally wrong too... :confused:

I had assumed the same.

But when we went in the UK, I was amazed at the mix of people...
    There were parents with small kids like us.
    There were parents with teenage kids.
    There were gangs of older teenagers, young 20-something’s.
    There was older, retired looking couples...

I don’t know if Longford is or will be the same, but it wasn’t solely parents with young kids in the UK. And I think this helped it, to give it that mix...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Got to Westport for 2 days in January, and Wexford for 3 in September. That's all my holidays for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Got to Westport for 2 days in January, and Wexford for 3 in September. That's all my holidays for this year
    Westport is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

Got to Louth-Meath area for four days around fleadh time

Heading to agritechnica next month with a bunch of diesel heads next month. Will be some craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Heading to agritechnica next month with a bunch of diesel heads next month. Will be some craic

Ya bringing the wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

moneyheer wrote: »
    Got to Louth-Meath area for four days around fleadh time

You never called in to say hello

whelan2 wrote: »
    You never called in to say hello

Better off. They would only get a job

Ya bringing the wallet?

Have to see. The boss of the group has the biggest wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

You never called in to say hello[/quote Next time 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Have to see. The boss of the group has the biggest wallet

Oh don’t I know ir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Do people travel far to go for a break, when myself and my better half head off we book a hotel within a 90 minute drive, usually go away for 2 to 3 nights, its still a break just without driving for 3 hours to do the same thing and you can have a few pints without facing a long drive the day after, midwest here so usually limerick galway direction

Do people travel far to go for a break, when myself and my better half head off we book a hotel within a 90 minute drive, usually go away for 2 to 3 nights, its still a break just without driving for 3 hours to do the same thing and you can have a few pints without facing a long drive the day after, midwest here so usually limerick galway direction

Why not stay as near as possible? Stay in a hotel 30-40 min away. A lot of people justify the quality of experience and the spend on hotels by driving a distance. But there are perfectly good hotels on everyone's doorstep, some with excellent leisure and spa facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Muckit wrote: »
    Why not stay as near as possible? Stay in a hotel 30-40 min away. A lot of people justify the quality of experience and the spend on hotels by driving a distance. But there are perfectly good hotels on everyone's doorstep, some with excellent leisure and spa facilities.

I agree, wed often head down west clare for a night, 40 min away and no rush there or back, its just easier stay near for the same benefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Westport is lovely

So is wexford

Advertisement