Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a break/holiday this year ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They're all lovely counties!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We often go to the nuremore. Big family rooms, swimming pool etc. Half an hour away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

We went up to the Jackson hotel in ballybofey in Donegal for a weekend recently to meet friends, great hotel and leisure centre for the kids and some weeks it has the country music ****e on, hope to go to the Paris show in February for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

So is wexford
    Haven’t been yet, apart from the Ploughing
    Anywhere you’d recommend?

We’re doing the Wild Atlantic way, so far we’ve gone from Derry to Bunrathy
    This is a beautiful country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

Priced centre parc. 1300 for 4 nights over midterm. 500 the week before and 430 the week after. I didn't look any more. Self catering would cost another few euro. Is it like tayto park where you have to pay for all the amusements then once you pay in

• Advertisement

Last trip of the year. Heading to liverpool for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

visatorro wrote: »
    Priced centre parc. 1300 for 4 nights over midterm. 500 the week before and 430 the week after. I didn't look any more. Self catering would cost another few euro. Is it like tayto park where you have to pay for all the amusements then once you pay in

€1300 for 4 nights
    My suggestion down in wexford wouldn't cost half that spa and breakfast included :D
    You'd get 2 weeks in a decent place in the canaries for that all inclusive probably

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Last trip of the year. Heading to liverpool for a change

Again???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Were any of ye over in Poland? Thinking of going over the Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

davidk1394 wrote: »

Was in Krakow two years ago. Tis grand,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Gonna do Kilimarjaro in early Jan while the farm is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭milligan2

I was in Krakow for a few days and really enjoyed it,the salt mines are incredible and Auschwitz is a couple of hours away,a depressing desolate visit but somewhere you’ll never forget.
    Nightlife is lively,food is good,go for it!

milligan2 wrote: »
    I was in Krakow for a few days and really enjoyed it,the salt mines are incredible and Auschwitz is a couple of hours away,a depressing desolate visit but somewhere you’ll never forget.

Thanks for your reply. That's where I was thinking of going. Going to head off for 3 nights, is that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

milligan2 wrote: »

Visited Dachau years ago.
    It’s sobering stuff.

D day beaches and memorial sites too.

Humans can indeed be horrible to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Got to Westport for 2 days in January, and Wexford for 3 in September. That's all my holidays for this year

Need to update. Going to Centre Parcs in a couple of weeks for 4 nights. Roosterwoman was influenced by some "celebrities" on Instagram and has decided it looks lovely done up for Christmas and that roosterbaby would like it. Costing about 550 for 4 nights in a 3 bedroom lodge near the middle of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Did krakow and Warsaw. Krakow is the better spot. Great Kababs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Was in krakow a few years ago aswell. One of the nicer city's I have been to. Really liked it and your money goes a long way over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

_Brian wrote: »
    Visited Dachau years ago.
    It’s sobering stuff.

D day beaches and memorial sites too.

Humans can indeed be horrible to each other.

Was in auschwitz a few years ago in Dec and the place covered in snow..
    Sobering is the word. Eerie.
    Gets a lot of visitors in the summer which takes from it its said.
    The smell of the open fires in the accommodation was so vivid.
    Just like walking into the old dwelling in the farmyard. Absorbed into the timber.
    +1 for krackow

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Need to update. Going to Centre Parcs in a couple of weeks for 4 nights. Roosterwoman was influenced by some "celebrities" on Instagram and has decided it looks lovely done up for Christmas and that roosterbaby would like it. Costing about 550 for 4 nights in a 3 bedroom lodge near the middle of the place.

I can recommend it anyway. The accommodation is excellent. Loads of stuff to do, even tho you pay for most stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Another vote for Kraków here. But just back from a couple of days in Lisbon. Recommend as well. Good value Ryanair flights.

• Advertisement

Was in krakow a few years ago aswell. One of the nicer city's I have been to. Really liked it and your money goes a long way over there.

I was looking into it but the prices for flights is pricey.

I'm going to head up to belfast for a few nights over Christmas. Any thoughts on where to go what to see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I was looking into it but the prices for flights is pricey.

Just seen this now...

We’re flying Cork - Katowice in March for small money (about 120 for 2 of us) Ryanair job...

I think it’s about 2hrs bus then from Katowice to Krakow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I'm going to head up to belfast for a few nights over Christmas. Any thoughts on where to go what to see ?

Titanic museum is worth going to.
    A Belfast Giants ice hockey game might me something different.

The M1 back home outta the feckin place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Titanic museum is worth going to.
    A Belfast Giants ice hockey game might me something different.

If you have time
    Bushmills Distillery tour and Giants Causeway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ulster folk and transport museum.
    Every type of transport under roof from trains to planes.

Whole 1800’s village to explore, various farmyards you can walk through and explore the houses, the forge is usually working over the weekends and the blacksmiths are super friendly.

If you want out doors stuff look up The Gobbins cliff walk, it’s a Victorian era tourist walk that’s been revamped. Common to see seals about it.

Down the country for a couple of days. Nothing wild. Not really a holiday either but a change of scenery but badly wanted all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Going skiing next Saturday for a week

• Advertisement

Santa was very good here and brought youngest lad 2 tickets to the liverpool Manchester United game in 3 weeks. He is super excited. I suppose I will have to use the other ticket.... going for 2 nights. Will be a nice pre calving break

Advertisement