Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beards

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'd have thought most women don't want a boyish, angelic man.

Not really, I think, but Hagrid from Harry Potter isn't the ideal look for many people. Even a short beard can make someone look a bit too fatherly for my taste. As in, I'd be reminded of someone's middle aged father. Or a chipmunk. I have an acquaintance who works for the gardai, tall, blonde, quite defined facial bone structure (not prominent, not heavy/chiseled, but clear). Obviously, no beard. In uniform, he's stunning, and not at all angelic.I'd respect his authority!
    It'd be a shame if he grew a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not really, I think, but Hagrid from Harry Potter isn't the ideal look for many people. Even a short beard can make someone look a bit too fatherly for my taste. As in, I'd be reminded of someone's middle aged father. Or a chipmunk. I have an acquaintance who works for the gardai, tall, blonde, quite defined facial bone structure (not prominent, not heavy/chiseled, but clear). Obviously, no beard. In uniform, he's stunning, and not at all angelic.I'd respect his authority!
    It'd be a shame if he grew a beard.

But what if he wasn't tall and wasn't in his uniform? Beard might help then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Had my beard on and off for 5 years. Then I met my Mrs 3 years ago and I've not been allowed to shave it off since. She can't get enough of it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would be an insult to god to hide the beautiful face he gave me behind a beard

Ush1 wrote: »
    But what if he wasn't tall and wasn't in his uniform? Beard might help then?

If he wasn't in his uniform he still wouldn't be cherubic or cute, and he'd look like a German hippy if he had a beard.

For a man with a big mop of cute curly hair and an angelic sort of face, a beard might take the overly cute look off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

hqdefault.jpg
    Really that's what your into.
    If he wasn't in his uniform he still wouldn't be cherubic or cute, and he'd look like a German hippy if he had a beard.

For a man with a big mop of cute curly hair and an angelic sort of face, a beard might take the overly cute look off.

JamboMac wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg
    Really that's what your into.

I'm more into hot gardai, thanks! :D But that's what ''angelic man'' conjure up. Specsavers had a male model who looked like an older version of that on one of their ads.

Someone shared ''Glamour's 100 Sexiest Men'' on Facebook. There are more beards than shaved faces in there, at a quick glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So, what you're saying is that you had a beard before they were cool?

Well certainly before the term Hipster and the Connor Mcgregor look phase was banded about. Yes.

:D

Advertisement