Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Chapman gone for a month now too so the injuries in NY not confined to the orange/blue.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Might get to see Rosario up with the big club sooner than September.

Even a 7 run lead isn't safe now! How the hell did they lose that game.

Not on Terry either this time. Can't blame him for some awful pitching.

Jays keep rolling despite being decimated by injuries.

Have the same record now as they did at the same point in the 2015 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Jays keep rolling despite being decimated by injuries.

Have the same record now as they did at the same point in the 2015 season.

Only problem for them now though is their division rivals are FAR better now than they were in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

...their division rivals are FAR better now than they were in 2015

FAR better? Better maybe but hardly by much. The Sox and Rays are treading water and the Yanks and O's will come back to earth. The division is far from over. I still think the Jays will take one of the 2 WCs. They've bounced back from a horrible start (won 11 of last 16?) without Happ, Donaldson, Tulo and Martin. The latter 3 aren't far off and when they are the Jays will start to regularly win series. I hate to sound like a scratched record but it's STILL early.

• Advertisement

mod9maple wrote: »
    FAR better? Better maybe but hardly by much. The Sox and Rays are treading water and the Yanks and O's will come back to earth. The division is far from over. I still think the Jays will take one of the 2 WCs. They've bounced back from a horrible start (won 11 of last 16?) without Happ, Donaldson, Tulo and Martin. The latter 3 aren't far off and when they are the Jays will start to regularly win series. I hate to sound like a scratched record but it's STILL early.

I'm not talking about how good or bad the Blue Jays are but the Yankees , Orioles are significantly better now than they were in 2015.

The Sox are arguably better now as well with the addition of Sale, the emergence of Mookie, Benintendi but they will miss Ortiz, Tampa Bay probably slightly worse. The Blue Jays won 4 against the Mariners and 4 against the Rays, so of those 11 wins 3 quality ones. Your 7 games back on both the Yankees and Orioles and yes it's still early but it's a tough division.

I like the BJays but your starting rotation sucks right now. Injuries have been horrible to you so far. Yes it's early but I think reason for some panic in the north. I don't think anyone foresaw the Yankees being this competitive this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

The Mets, 9 games behind the Nats. I know its early but it looks over for us this season😢

ShyMets wrote: »
    The Mets, 9 games behind the Nats. I know its early but it looks over for us this season😢

Yep. 9 games isn't insurmountable by a long way but the Nats are really good (and more importantly healthy!) and I can't see how the Mets are going to get better. They might improve a bit and play .500 baseball the rest of the way but looking at the pitching* at the moment, I can't even see that.

* who would have thought that on 31 March...????

Shame on you Kevin Pillar, not cool. :( Disappointing to read about it this morning. Sigh.

Shame on you Kevin Pillar, not cool. :( Disappointing to read about it this morning. Sigh.

I think its a storm in a tea cup. Heat of the moment and clearly not an intentional jibe at the individual in question, media of course will make far more of this as it will sell newspapers and is perfect click bait.

• Advertisement

The word 'f*****' should never be used in an angry, derogatory manner, full stop. There's simply no excuse.

The word 'f*****' should never be used in an angry, derogatory manner, full stop. There's simply no excuse.

It happens.

His apology seemed sincere.

Obviously never right to say what he said but I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if it was a one off, heat of the moment kind of thing.

His apology seemed sincere.

Obviously never right to say what he said but I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if it was a one off, heat of the moment kind of thing.

Agree completely, looked frustrated and heated when he said it, looked apologetic and genuine in his apology

Toronto have given him a 2 game suspension. That should be the end of it.

Mets Killer Freddie Freeman out for Atlanta for 10 weeks with wrist injury. they've signed James Loney as a replacement.

Mets Killer Freddie Freeman out for Atlanta for 10 weeks with wrist injury. they've signed James Loney as a replacement.

Terrible injury for the hottest bat in baseball right now. 10 Weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They've also signed Matt Adams who can play 1st

Just about to settle in to a nice evening of baseball (a rare Mets day game) and find out they're 5-0 down before they make the first out! Anything decent on Netflix I can watch instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just about to settle in to a nice evening of baseball (a rare Mets day game) and find out they're 5-0 down before they make the first out! Anything decent on Netflix I can watch instead?

I'm about to settle down to watch the Blue Jays... So if you find something good, don't hesitate to share... I might need an alternative...

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm about to settle down to watch the Blue Jays... So if you find something good, don't hesitate to share... I might need an alternative...

At least you might get to see a bat flip from Bautista, we've got nothing.

Edit: Although Conforto did just throw a rocket from Rf to prevent a sixth run.

At least you might get to see a bat flip from Bautista, we've got nothing.

Edit: Although Conforto did just throw a rocket from Rf to prevent a sixth run.

Hang on. Jays go 3-0 in the first inning. Netflix on hold.

So Tommy Milone gives up 8 runs in 1.1 innings and just when you think it couldn't get any worse, in comes Rafael Montero in relief.

I'd hate to have paid money and those 2 are the pitchers I had to watch.

I'm really enjoying Estrada's pitching for the Jays. His change ups are working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Finally, something good to talk about (well, sort-of good I suppose) in this lost Mets season: Montero gone to Vegas. Hopefully we don't see him back ever again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-send-rafael-montero-minors-room-tyler-pill-article-1.3198870

He and de Grom joined the team on the same day a couple years back. Montero was the hot prospect, no one was sure about de Grom. Funny how baseball works.

Not even close!

https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/868293870253211648

at least he could see the funny side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The usual Memorial Day discount for MLB.tv is on again this year. With tax it works out at $69.48 or c. ?63.

Not MLB but I thought this strikeout was funny. Fast forward to around 1:30 for the pitch in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

David Price had a promising outing.
    Walked a few, hit a few batters. But he can be happy with his MLB season debut.

• Advertisement

Check out Harper and Strickland going at it in SF.

Advertisement