Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the Nazis won WW2...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

...instead of the Russians what would Europe be like now?

The allies won ww2. Russia didn't win it on its own.

To be so ignorant of the other nations and people who died is ****ing disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Play Wolfenstein The New Order set in the 60's after Germany wins the war - for a game it has some pretty hard hitting moments. Every so often the game reminds you just how truly evil the nazi regime was. The experiments on people, the gas chambers, babies taken away for having club foot. The stasi looking for excuses for people to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Play Wolfenstein The New Order set in the 60's after Germany wins the war - for a game it has some pretty hard hitting moments. Every so often the game reminds you just how truly evil the nazi regime was. The experiments on people, the gas chambers, babies taken away for having club foot. The stasi looking for excuses for people to disappear.

The stasi was a communist east German invention. The gestapo and SS are what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

kona wrote: »
    The stasi was a communist east German invention. The gestapo and SS are what your looking for.

yes you are right the gestapo- in a part of the game they are not directly referred to. You overhear a conversation about them. It is creepy as hell. It is so sickening to think of what happened.

• Advertisement

Whatever Conor. Your outrage on demand is tiresome, get over yourself.

Guy swearing and advocating the Final Solution for a better world and an end Zionism and US domination accuses other poster of outrage.

This, Enda, is laughter...
    The Palestinian's would be free, there would be no Zionist state destabilising the middle east and America would not be a puppet bully fcuking up the world for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Guy swearing and advocating the Final Solution for a better world and an end Zionism and US domination accuses other poster of outrage.

This, Enda, is laughter...

Swearing and advocating the final solution?!

As usual Conor you have added 2+2 and come up with 42.

Your outrage on demand is as funny as your amateur legal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

. 20 years down the road we would probably have regained democracy.

Not a hope.
    Nazi-ideology is the exact opposite of democracy.

You may be looking at a sub-set of local dictators subservient to Berlin perhaps...with some allowance for differing local cultures, but that's about as "democratic" as it would have gotten.

To quote the doctor from Captain America:
    A lot of people seem to forget that the first country that the Nazis occupied was their own.

It took them less than ten years to transform a culturally rich and diverse country into a police state where whole families could end up in concentration camp for just telling a joke.

What they could have done in 70 years to all of Europe doesn't bear even thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Big co-operation given by Ireland, took in evacuees from London, allowed mining right up to a few miles off the coast, passed on info on u-boat sightings, and meteorological info vital in D Day landings, released British soldiers while interned Germans etc. etc.

Never heard that one before. I think you've been influenced by a lot of recent revisionism/alternative facts in the media.

Swearing and advocating the final solution?!

As usual Conor you have added 2+2 and come up with 42.

Your outrage on demand is as funny as your amateur legal opinion.

Oh, I sense poster bringing in stuff from other threads and getting all ad hominem to demonstrate that he is not outraged. More laughter here Enda.

Look, the Nazis lost. The Jews got their State. You'll just have to live with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Look, the Nazis lost. The Jews got their State. You'll just have to live with it.

Do you understand the subject of the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It would have been horrible if the Nazis won.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

I used to live in Glasgow. Some mouth breather heard my accent in a student bar and started the above rubbish.

He also claimed that the Irish were refueling German U-boats during WWII. This is a common belief among idiots in Glasgow.

I pointed out that would have been a breach of Ireland's neutrality.

He said it wasn't the government, it was the IRA.

I informed him that the Irish government were executing members of the IRA who attempted to collaborate with the Germans. Any refueling station would be easily noticed, the IRA men captured and hanged.

He then claimed that it wasn't the IRA in the south, it was Republicans in Northern Ireland.

This Glaswegian moron believed Kriegsmarine U-boats were docking in the fcuking UK during WWII to refuel.

Can you prove they didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Can you prove they didn't?

I was there. They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

I was there. They did.

I believe that's proof enough for boards!

I believe that's proof enough for boards!

Anecdotal. Always the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

They didn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I personally refueled Kriegsmarine U-Boats on the Antrim coast in 1943.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I personally refueled Kriegsmarine U-Boats on the Antrim coast in 1943.

I sold Maximus the fuel, counted out the green shield stamps and squeejied the windscreen on the nazi sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭.........

peasant wrote: »
    Not a hope.
    Nazi-ideology is the exact opposite of democracy.

You may be looking at a sub-set of local dictators subservient to Berlin perhaps...with some allowance for differing local cultures, but that's about as "democratic" as it would have gotten.

And nowadays Enda and Vrad are the new 'leaders' Germany has chosen for Ireland. Ve haf vays of making you vote for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well, the Jewish people would be all dead.

So there would be less trouble in the Middle East.

It's a bit like saying if all black people were wiped out, there'd be fewer problems in Africa. Would that really mean the world would be in a better state? I don't think so...

The middle east in chaos now and it's nothing to do with Israel.

Libya in sh1te. Egypt too. Islamic State. Iraq. Iran.

How would the Nazis winning have prevented that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kona wrote: »
    The allies won ww2. Russia didn't win it on its own.

To be so ignorant of the other nations and people who died is ****ing disgusting.

Russia knocked the shyte out of Germany. Killed something like 3,600,000 German troops compared to 200,000 or so killed by US/Britain.

The British and the Americans were happy enough to sit back and watch the two of them go at it for years.

Suddenly the Russians look like they might get as far as Paris never mind Berlin, and the Brits and the Yanks wanted their share of Europe and D-day was on.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Russia knocked the shyte out of Germany. Killed something like 3,600,000 German troops compared to 200,000 or so killed by US/Britain.

The British and the Americans were happy enough to sit back and watch the two of them go at it for years.

Suddenly the Russians look like they might get as far as Paris never mind Berlin, and the Brits and the Yanks wanted their share of Europe and D-day was on.

The Soviet Union suffered approximately 20,000,000 casualties. So. knocking the shyte out of the Germans was somewhat of a Pyrrhic victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Soviet Union suffered approximately 20,000,000 casualties. So. knocking the shyte out of the Germans was somewhat of a Pyrrhic victory.

I think it was around 27,000,000 actually but I wouldn't describe it as a Pyrrhic victory considering how much territory they gained (including their puppet states) and how long they held that territory for, and the spoils of wars they took (factories, slaves, scientists, etc). It was a very costly victory, no doubt about that, but the USSR was a superpower after WWII with a new empire.

The Brits if anyone suffered from a Phyrric victory, if you could even describe their result as a victory. They declared war on a country that didn't want to fight them, had similar economic and supremacist thinking, and the British of course had a German monarchy. And at the end of it all, Britain was broke and unable to resist the demands for democratic freedom in the territories it occupied around the world. Even sterling was replaced by the USD as the new global currency as the Brits became little brother to their former colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm not sure you can compare the British superiority complex with that of the maniacal force that was the Nazis.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Like Karl Pilkington said "It's a good thing the Nazis didn't win, I can't speak a word of German".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Nazis oversaw the shrinking of human heads to use as paper stops and the making of lamp shades of human skin of those they executed.

Lovely regime. Brits not quite at the same level?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Zebra3 wrote: »

The Russians advanced on Berlin in the end and behaved like dogs.

They raped and pillaged like Vikings.

They never faced any consequences for their ground forces vile actions.

You talk about Brits and Yanks being dishonourable, well the Russians were on a different plain altogether.

They were a two timing, war crime committing disgrace. They even attempted to lay blame on the Nazis for some of their antics. Most notably the Katyn Massacre.

Utter scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The father in laws cars would not have been stolen from his farm if the Germans had won

• Advertisement

The Russians advanced on Berlin in the end and behaved like dogs.

They raped and pillaged like Vikings.

They never faced any consequences for their ground forces vile actions.

You talk about Brits and Yanks being dishonourable, well the Russians were on a different plain altogether.

They were a two timing, war crime committing disgrace. They even attempted to lay blame on the Nazis for some of their antics. Most notably the Katyn Massacre.

Utter scum.

There is a trend in recent years to say "Russia won the war", as if it was some great military or tactical victory. The Germans were not faced with any strong opposition in terms of an army or brilliant generals on the Eastern Front. They simply faced a country that was as contemptuous of human life as their own regime, willing to see 25 million soldiers and citizens die as human life became cheaper than bullets. They also faced Russian weather. If anything should get credit, it's not Russia as a country or a people, but the sub arctic climate.

Advertisement