Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Got notified yesterday morning. Haven't done anything yet. If there are issues I guess TMC would be the place to find them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I checked, the update I mentioned is the version for our era of Model S and it's ambiguous whether we would be one of the unlucky ones, I give my S a fast charge once a fortnight to keep the battery up so not going to risk this update

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have this update and got 111kW at a 150kW DC point last night.
    It removed the nerf, and this was on CCS ecars I think the third party issues were for M3 only

slave1 wrote: »
    I checked, the update I mentioned is the version for our era of Model S and it's ambiguous whether we would be one of the unlucky ones, I give my S a fast charge once a fortnight to keep the battery up so not going to risk this update

Keep the battery up?

Keep it charged, with lockdown it’s sitting there with up to 2% usage per day in the cold spell. Take the Leaf for weekly shop week 1 the Tesla for charge up and weekly shop week 2.
    Other than that both cars just sitting there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

slave1 wrote: »
    So I’ve update 2020.48.37.1 waiting to be installed, has anyone done this yet and any issue with public charging?
    I went straight from 2020.48.35.5 to 2021.4.3 - I was never offered 37.1 ..

The software versions can be specific to a model era so I know Garo and others have the same year/model S, if you had say a later S with MCU2 then you could have another software version

Lockdown boredom, upgraded, lots of changes, moved a lot around the 17" and HUD screen, never seen this much change in a single update

I updated last night too. @slave1 why would you need a fast charger to top up? Don't you have a charger at home?

garo wrote: »
    I updated last night too. @slave1 why would you need a fast charger to top up? Don't you have a charger at home?

It’s en route to shops and just nice to sit out for an hour given it’s my only venture into the world /lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's what I do too, charge at my local Lidl at 22kW (for free naturally) while I do my shop and sometimes I stay on for another wee while, doing emails, reading boards, just chilling away from my busy household of 5 + dog where I am 24/7. Glorious lockdown escapism :p

Ah yes. Lockdown escape from the family. I know that well. Spent an hour going around in circles in the 5km radius on my bike today.

Yes I agree. And especially now - as some of you may have seen in the owners group on FB - as I have the MCU2 upgrade I have even more to do in the car during my escapism.

Watching Netflix in your car, ELM327? :p

That's the one thing where my car is showing its age. The 3G internet connection is poor and the MCU1 is a bit dated at this stage (although still better than 95% of brand new cars sold today of course)

I got 2020.48.37.1 last night, the car had been offering it to me for about a week, but it doesn't seem to see my home's wifi from the end of the driveway any more. So had to use my phone as an access point, LOL

unkel wrote: »
    Watching Netflix in your car, ELM327? :p

That's the one thing where my car is showing its age. The 3G internet connection is poor and the MCU1 is a bit dated at this stage (although still better than 95% of brand new cars sold today of course)

Netflix, youtube etc, but the main benefit is not having the hassle of thinking its gonna freeze on me!

So I guess after investing all that money, your S is a keeper then?

For the next year anyway yes.
    6k of recent bills means I'd need to get value of it.

Bloody hell. My total bills are for €291 and that was for the optional CCS conversion that I didn't really need :p

Have the car nearly a year now and despite of COVID, I've done more miles than I usually do, about 16k km done.

I'm glad I got the CCS and Chademo free with the car when I bought it, but I went through tires and there were a lot of suspension components and other bits needing refresh as the car has nearly 190k on it now. Along with MCu2 which was semi optional. I was also considering the 11->22kW change for another 2k but opted out. Can you tell our annual bonuses are paid out in Feb? :P

• Advertisement

Yeah in fairness a very heavy car, driven hard, will need serious money spending on the suspension when it gets to about 200k-250k km or thereabouts.

Mine's approaching 147k km now

Is Sandyford open BTW? I've a few small issues that I might book the car in for.

Yes, sandyford open and very busy.

My stuff is not urgent so might leave it a bit. Condensation in a rear light cluster, sunroof still not right (noisy at speed or when it's windy), driver door handle back to its old tricks, might need replacing again

And I get a terrible feel in the front drivers side tyre when I reverse out of my driveway at full steering lock. Like it is going over a big sharp stone or something. Don't know what the hell that is.

I get the wheel thing too on both sides when the car is first turned on and on full lock straight away. Check the other side and you'll find it will make the same noise.

They had two goes at fixing my sunroof under warranty and didnt fix it to my satisfaction, so when the CPO warranty was out I fixed it myself with some foam and hotglue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

My stuff is not urgent so might leave it a bit. Condensation in a rear light cluster, sunroof still not right (noisy at speed or when it's windy), driver door handle back to its old tricks, might need replacing again

And I get a terrible feel in the front drivers side tyre when I reverse out of my driveway at full steering lock. Like it is going over a big sharp stone or something. Don't know what the hell that is.

I had my rear light cluster replaced by a mobile tech last year, no need for a visit to the service centre. The rest almost definitely will.

I don't mind going over to Sandyford. I always tell them that if they are going to take more than about 2 hours (which they will), they need to get me a loaner. It's only a 20 minute drive for me door to door.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. Rear Light Replacement unless they say its within spec :)

2. My sunroof took 3 attempts to fix. Turned out to be the rear seal not being pinched correctly when the sunroof closed.

3. Door Handle. I've noticed my drivers door handle is hit and miss on pressing. It functions perfectly, open, close, auto present etc Its just the Pressure Plate has failed so when I press it, it wont open. I've only de-chromed it so don't want to replace the handle just yet. Its a €262 job I think (for us, not you :( )

4. Wheel, I get this when cold every tine. SC are determined its just a noise the car makes from tyre scrub, particularily when cold. they say its amplified on the 21" wheels. They say it also makes it worse that I have P-Zero tyres as opposed to the Continental from factory so ill swap back to continentals when required. See fi that help.s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is Sandyford open BTW? I've a few small issues that I might book the car in for.
    I don't mind going over to Sandyford. I always tell them that if they are going to take more than about 2 hours (which they will), they need to get me a loaner.

I think you're determined to have a brand new car out of Tesla, Johnny Cash style, "one piece at a time" :D.

Kramer wrote: »
    I think you're determined to have a brand new car out of Tesla, Johnny Cash style, "one piece at a time" :D.

Trigger's broom :D
    Gumbo wrote: »
    don't want to replace the handle just yet. Its a €262 job I think (for us, not you :( )

They do the labour on the door handle free of charge if you're out of warranty, but you still pay for the part. I think it might be a good bit more than that though incl VAT :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Trigger's broom :D

They do the labour on the door handle free of charge if you're out of warranty, but you still pay for the part. I think it might be a good bit more than that though incl VAT :o

I think your right. One of the ladies in the FB Group got it done in December. Cost was €316 fitted.

The SC owe me a turn for the hassle with the sun roof so I might play on this :)

Advertisement