Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Last few months saw very little action, apart from finishing up in work (COVID downturn) the car has not seen more than a food shopping trip since October.

Still, there was a lot of grime and algae (in shade) growth along the sunroof seams so out for a few hours this morning for a wash and dry.
    Treated the leather interior and alcantara too so nice on the inside, put together a Chemical Brothers "mix tape" on flac file also.
    Roll on next week for my 5minute trip into town:rolleyes:

IMG-20210305-131239.jpg

IMG-20210305-131319.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Is it me or does the latest software update give a little stronger regen?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »

I wish I could test :(

On another note. While my car sits in the SC they have confirmed that it got the 3.0 Gen handles replaced before so they’ll look at them too as see why the drivers one won’t come out when pressed.

Wouldn't know, never get past restricted regen these days, trips are too short to warm up the battery

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's you

Perhaps the colder weather of the last few months combined with the car only doing short trips never / rarely gave me full regen until today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Looks like a great job slave1. I need to do sime this weekend. I was hopng that the weather would be a bit warmer. I am yet to try out my Nilfisk pressure washer.

The most important part is drying straight away, couple of good quality towels essential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Indeed. Didn't get round to it this weekend. It was too nice not to go do outdoor stuff. I have a bunch of good towels that I ordered after I got the car. Will put some child labour to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Wrong thread

• Advertisement

Did anyone upgrade from mcu1 to mcu2?

Am looking to see if it fixed the built in dash cam?

I've mcu1 and the video from driving is very choppy

@elm327 have you any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

How do you get video from driving with MCU1?

What you mean?

I've a fast sd card connected to use with my dash cam on mcu1

What you mean?

I've a fast sd card connected to use with my dash cam on mcu1

I see. I was under the impression you didn't have a dash cam and managed to record video with MCU1.

Mcu1 has a built in dash cam.

The video is fine in sentry mode but when driving is very choppy, almost unusable.

I was wondering if its fixed with mcu2

The MCU version is not relevant, it's the AP hardware that matters, an update allowed Dashcam to all AP hardware versions from 2 up.
    I'm AP1 so no idea on quality, all I can bet is that it will soak your battery

I've full self driving so had the hardware update to ap3, but am still in mcu1, am hoping that's why the dashcam is so choppy when recording while driving.

Sentry mode records perfectly fine when the car is parked.

I've full self driving so had the hardware update to ap3, but am still in mcu1, am hoping that's why the dashcam is so choppy when recording while driving.

Sentry mode records perfectly fine when the car is parked.

I thought the upgrade included MCU2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Did anyone upgrade from mcu1 to mcu2?

Am looking to see if it fixed the built in dash cam?

I've mcu1 and the video from driving is very choppy

@elm327 have you any experience of this?

Unfortunately I have AP1 so dont have the sentry modes

I will be upgradading my MCU1 AP2 car at some stage this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I will be upgradading my MCU1 AP2 car at some stage this year.
    Well worth it.

Any of the older cars on 2020.48.37.1 having issues?
    I’ve got 3 software crashes in on the last few days. 2 today alone.

When I get into the car I get the message “keep brake pedal
    Pushed for 30 seconds” and this is always followed by no sounds, alerts or indicators noises. No access to the screen menu etc

A soft reset fixes it but it’s getting annoying now.

It's a computer, you'll always get the need for the occasional reboot. 3 times in 3 days is a bit much though. But surely you are not going to pay Tesla to look into this?

And yes, I'm also on 2020.48.37.1

It's a computer, you'll always get the need for the occasional reboot. 3 times in 3 days is a bit much though. But surely you are not going to pay Tesla to look into this?

And yes, I'm also on 2020.48.37.1

Not a chance I’d pay them.
    I’ll send the emails with the time stamps. They can remotely log in and see if it’s an issue or a bug.

Once every few days I can live with. Phones are similar. But twice today.
    Out for school run at 8.44am and have to sit there while it powers up.

Then same again at 1.17pm.

Pretty good news here for the classic P85 owners (Unkel included), good range results and approx 12% degradation on P85 with ~350k kms on her and 7years+ old (second battery but that's largely irrelevant as it was a refurb).
    This I think is very good for that mileage and age.

Put that with his previous videos on preventative maintenance and the car is holding up very well indeed, some good comments from mechanic on quality of factory components...

Been having lots of screen crashing over the last 2 weeks.
    Remotely diagnosed as the eMMc recall.

Parts ordered so should have it done in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gumbo wrote: »
    Been having lots of screen crashing over the last 2 weeks.
    Remotely diagnosed as the eMMc recall.

I bet you're thanking the US NHTSA for forcing Tesla to replace these FOC ;).
    Hope it's sorted soon anyway.

Kramer wrote: »
    I bet you're thanking the US NHTSA for forcing Tesla to replace these FOC ;).

Since when does the NHTSA have any say over what Tesla does outside of the USA :eek:

My own car had only a few very vague early signs of the eMMC chip failing last year. I told Tesla, they logged in remotely when I gave them a fairly precise time of when I had to reboot and they agreed on fixing it, had to wait a week or two on the part iirc. These things give months and months of warnings before they eventually really fail, and even then you can still drive the car. All a load of meh really. Worst case scenario even before the courtesy fix was a €500 job by an indy. What 7-8 year old car from BMW / Audi / Mercedes costing €100k originally doesn't have the occasional high 3 figure sum repair bill? Many have much higher bills, unlike Teslas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Since when does the NHTSA have any say over what Tesla does outside of the USA :eek:

The same reason Kona battery fires in Korea are leading to Irish owners getting their battery replaced - a forced global recall.
    Same reason 3 Californian students, looking at a single VW car's emissions (in California), led to a global recall (& scandal).

Tesla at first denied there was an issue, then obfuscated, then rolled out a software "fix" to avoid the recall, then offered goodwill repairs to the few who wouldn't pay, with the aim of making it past warranty liability, for the majority.

IIRC, they said it was a "wear" part & denied liability, even under warranty - many had to pay thousands.

So yes, in this case, the US authorities held Tesla to account & the NHTSA should be thanked for saving Irish Model S customers many €uros.

QED :).

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    Same reason 3 Californian students, looking at a single VW car's emissions (in California), led to a global recall (& scandal).

Didn't know dieselgate started with a few students. Cool story, must look into that :)

Advertisement