Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I’m behind too.

Maybe those watching ahead could spoiler their replies.

Its such a pity because most of us are watching on RTE . I find now I have to avoid the thread
    I wonder could we ask the Mods for a thread at RTE pace ?

Just wondering where the latest episodes are available from. I'm watching on RTE and appear to be a week behind you all.

I am behind too and watching on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Sleepy wrote: »
    TBH, the Marthas' ability to clean up a dead body in Jezebels wouldn't really be surprising. Only difference for them was that this time the corpse was female.

A much better episode this week though the one thing that really took me out of it was Commander Lawrence giving the handgun to June in the final scene. We've never seen any evidence that she knows how to handle one (nor has he) and to think that a slight woman with no light arms training is going to be more effective with one than the owner of the weapon who has, presumably given his position, at least had rudimentary training in the handling of it, is fairly preposterous. Does she even know how to switch the safety off? Not that I do myself tbh but it was an odd scene.

Well given the prevalence of guns in America I don't think it would be unusual for the average American to be able to use a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It'll be useless either way against the Guardians and their semi-automatics. At least in a world with internal consistency anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just caught up!

Now that's an industrial vacuum cleaner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I’m behind too.

Maybe those watching ahead could spoiler their replies.

Its such a pity because most of us are watching on RTE . I find now I have to avoid the thread
    I wonder could we ask the Mods for a thread at RTE pace ?
    The thread title says spoilers so you've been warned!

To thine own self be true

Yes , which is why I would like a thread at RTE pace too . It seems reasonable as most would be watching at RTE times

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes , which is why I would like a thread at RTE pace too . It seems reasonable as most would be watching at RTE times

Why don't you start one then?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I don't mind about the spoilers, I read ahead anyway as I can't help myself. But I'd like to know where the newer episodes are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Hulu, HBO Go. If you have a valid subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well given the prevalence of guns in America I don't think it would be unusual for the average American to be able to use a gun.
    America's a big place. Were June from a southern or bible belt state, or from the rural north, that might make sense. She's not though: she's a liberal urbanite, a class of American that's perhaps even less likely to have held a gun than your average Irish person.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Serena can't possibly bring the baby back to Gilead can she? She'd be on the wall presumably for serving up Fred. CIA don't give two hoots about a baby especially when faced with getting a high profile target. It is within the realm of "reality" that they agreed to let her take the baby and live in Canada/whatever with the baby. Like some less than legal arrangement I can buy into that.

If it turns out to be the Canadian government organised all this and sends her and the baby back to Gilead I'll detach a retina from the eye rolling.

I think the Lawrence giving June the gun is probably more of a symbolic scene then all of a sudden they are going to home alone the house and make some kind of stand against the Guardians.

Definitely the strongest episode this season by some distance

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now another spanner thrown the way June all down to her.

For what June went through and the sympathy anyone would have for her for that the writers really are doing a good job at making her unlikeable.

Sorry it contained a spoiler apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Very strange you complained a few posts above about this thread being on American pace with spoilers in the title yet here you are posting spoilers of the finale which isn't on till next week.

Very strange you complained a few posts above about this thread being on American pace with spoilers in the title yet here you are posting spoilers of the finale which isn't on till next week.
    Very sorry , I only looked at the pics . I didnt notice any spoilers ,I will delete it now if you can do the same please

I wasnt complaining about others I was saying it was a pity as most of us watched at RTE pace .I dont think there was a need to be snarky it was a genuine mistake but there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wasnt complaining about others I was saying it was a pity as most of us watched at RTE pace .I dont think there was a need to be snarky it was a genuine mistake but there you go

There's no chance of me looking at the finale pics, as I wouldn't click a Daily Mail link if my life depended on it. They'd probably prefer it if THT were a documentary, and not fiction :p

It's just pics of the cast all nicely dressed up. There's no actual pictures of the episode itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Stark wrote: »
    It's just pics of the cast all nicely dressed up. There's no actual pictures of the episode itself.

This. Although I have to say that I find Elisabeth Moss' dress awful. It does nothing for her.

• Advertisement

Quite a few dodgy fashion choices in the line-up. Joseph Fiennes looks like he's wearing clothes that are too big for him and haven't been ironed. Amanda Brugel's Martha uniform looks more flattering on her than that weird Quality Street wrapper thing she chose to wear. Madeline Brewer's hair rocks though.

Quite a few dodgy fashion choices in the line-up. Joseph Fiennes looks like he's wearing clothes that are too big for him and haven't been ironed. Amanda Brugel's Martha uniform looks more flattering on her than that weird Quality Street wrapper thing she chose to wear. Madeline Brewer's hair rocks though.

Yvonne Strahovski looked stunning as usual and Aunt Lydia scrubs up well too !

Mind you I would have presumed Elizabeth Moss would avoid wearing red ever again !

I saw no spoiler at all even when I read it again .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Right, see that look? Canada is fooked!

Just trying to figure out if he'll nuke em or just go land war!

Gotta be land war. He's gonna want those extra slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Joseph Fiennes looks like he's wearing clothes that are too big for him and haven't been ironed.

https://ibb.co/qBHGL0d

Reminded me of this

I enjoyed last night episode .But am puzzled about the border , I presumed it was guarded more but I guess its so vast that it cant be . Were Fred and Serenaallowed drive anywhere they wished without passing some controls ?
    June is becoming so totally unbelievable now that I just go with the flow and forget that in series one she would be hanging on the wall for far less !
    I see Serena as the master manipulator of Fred now and am loving that storyline .

Yeah I've given up on the June storyline. It's Serena's story that's keeping me interested now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Serena's storyline is better but im not sure where they can go with it. Can she become the face of the opposition in Canada given she was involved in tje crimes of Gilead. June's characterisation now just consists of a constant evil smirk. The show would be so much better without her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

June's characterisation now just consists of a constant evil smirk.

Ah that's not fair she has quite a bit more range than that. She does defiant smirk, pissed off smirk, smug smirk and............................... EYEBALLS!!!!!!!!!

She even does a bit of 'smell the fart' every now and then to keep it fresh.

(To be totally fair to Elizabeth Moss, she actually did show genuine range and acting ability in season 1 and some of season 2. A lot of the awfulness of June's portrayal seems to be a direction choice rather than a complete lack of talent from Moss.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think that makes it all the more frustrating. She is a very strong actor and the facial close ups are quite good if they weren't overused to the point that it's almost a parody of itself.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode. I can't help but feel that June and Mrs. Lawrence scene borrowed heavily from Breaking Bad. Albeit the breaking bad scene was better.

I can't see what Serena got out of betraying Fred. An hour visit? Doesn't seem very believable. Maybe it'll explain more in the next episode.

All in all a far cry from it's best but last two episodes have been strong.

Advertisement