Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So Serena has teamed up with June now, this is getting really confusing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I wouldn't think Serena has teamed up with June, Serena has nobody and will reach out to anyone who she thinks might be useful to her.

As bad as Serena was when June was imprisoned in her house, Mrs wheeler seems to be even more horrible. I thought she was an awful b*tch making Noah cry it out and then when she agreed to allow Serena nurse him she pointed out that she would still be responsible for everything else to do with his care, then when Serena went up to the nursery there were maids looking after him, it's like he's only a possession to the Wheelers. When baby Nichole was born Serena cared for her, bathed her and even tried to breastfeed her until her rightful mother took her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭lucalux

Was The Handmaid's Tale just added back to Amazon Prime, or has it been there for a while?

Seasons 1-5 up there when I was browsing this evening..

Glad for it as I needed to catch up a bit and wouldn't mind re-watching S1 since it's been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dunno, I only noticed it last week. Been doing a season 1 catch-up myself. Will probably watch season 2 as well. While not as good as Season 1, it did have some stuff I enjoyed like showing a wider picture of Gilead, such as the colonies and econoclass families.

I enjoyed this weeks episode apart from one part. I'm glad Serena did what she did, much as I dislike her. I wonder did Lukes complaint about the building not being up to standard inadvertently help her in the end. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is sitcom in that season ending episode

Bitter enemies now new best friends and their newborns moving in together in Hawaii

I thought similarly but I listened to a podcast called Eyes on Gilead and they made the point that all through the series it was June vs Serena and now and the end they are both on the same level, together on a train unable to avoid one another. Serena has nobody else and maybe June can use Serena to get knowledge of Hannah.

I think the next series will be more Gilead focused. If it's to lead up to the Testaments commander McKenzie and Hannah will feature in it.

I wonder will Nick end up on the wall, or if there's something in his "contract" with Tuello that will give him diplomatic immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

They desperately need a cull of a fair number of characters. The show would be much better if June had been removed somehow and the focus shifted to Serena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi folks. Quick question, did I imagine it or did Tim Minchin star in one of the more recent episodes?

I don't actually watch the show (have mercy) but I am convinced I saw him on a recent episode. My wife thinks I've gone insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Nothing appearing in imdb and I dont remember seeing him so probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This show has lasted about 2 seasons too long!

Season 4 was middling, Season 5 was bullsh1t to be honest! I'm not going to spoil anything, but a ludicrous, pointless end to 10 episodes of Elizabeth Moss pulling faces and looking earnest.

Complete waste of time - I dunno is it the writing or Moss' direction, but it has completely died, no story progression to speak of

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Elizabeth Moss seems to have directed it to showcase herself . Her face in various moments of anger, rage , surprise , fear , anxiety etc in close up was seriously over the top this series

I thought Season 5 was less boring than Seasons 3/4 tbh (latter half anyway). At least the story is moving forward.

It's funny, I used to have a lot of respect for Elizabeth Moss as an actress. Especially after "Mad Men" and she was quite good in Season 1 as well. But between the scientology and the self indulgence when directing handmaid's tale episodes, I've lost most of that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I had far more respect for Yvonne Strahowski in this series . Serena simply conveyed emotion with a look or smirk or facial expressions without the need to have her full face on the screen for 20 seconds . I think I know Elizabeth Moss’s nostrils better than my own at this stage !

And they could have at least given Janine a break and a happier ending

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

There is a real chill to the Serena character, an understated nastiness. No such understatement from Moss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't rate Elizabeth Moss as a particularly good actress, she must know the right people. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Only just got around to finishing it on my wifes insistence, wow its hard to believe how poor this TV show has become. Elizabeth Moss' acting is poor, the dialogue is poor and the close ups are unbearable. Its just stinks of creative bankruptcy now, like it worked the first few times in earlier seasons but cinematographer must be tearing their hair out. Another annoyance is characters whose motives are inexplicable, primarily Blaines love for June and also Aunt Lydia like a different person compared to previous seasons. I could go on, just amazed this keeps getting renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

Any sign of new season?

Presume it's blocked indefinitely by the writers strike/actors strike.

Edit: yup, looks to be the case: https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1803177/the-handmaids-tale-season-6-update

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Watching this on Amazon Prime. Season 2 and 3, the last three episodes for both seasons are showing as unavailable. All of seasons 1, 4 and 5 are there. Any reason or work around?

• Advertisement
Advertisement