Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I signed my Dad up to this a few weeks back. When he texts offer to 50104 it tells him he is on this offer but when he signs into mymeteor full website it says You have no active offers. The app also acknowledges the offer is active. Anyone else notice this?

He's supposed to text 20unlimited to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Aquos76 wrote: »
    He's supposed to text 20unlimited to 50104

Oh he has and the offer is active. Money was taken and the plan is working as it should. The website dashboard just isn't saying it is. Everywhere else is saying he's signed up and offer is activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That is confirmed over on meteor forum by others, including myself. They're looking into it.

Anyone know how to setup auto topup? There's no option on my mymeteor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anyone know how to setup auto topup? There's no option on my mymeteor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.MeteorTopup

• Advertisement

That's a pain havng two apps. Why cant they combine them? Reviews of the app aren't good
    Edit- app wont install for me, version issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

That's a pain havng two apps. Why cant they combine them? Reviews of the app aren't good

I just installed both app's, no issues using a Xiaomi Mi Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Apologies for the question so late in the thread but tried reading back and cannot find the answer. If I text 20unlimited to 50104 do I receive the deal that is being advertised for €25 on the sim-only deals on their page

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans

Am going to Spain soon and the free EU roaming, which I believe includes 1 GB data roaming, appeals to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

castle2012 wrote: »
    Have to say feel shafted . In march was told by meteor sign up to simplicity and get €30 deal for €20 every 30 days for life .one month later it changes how do they get away with this

Exact same here. I'm leaving them on account of this, even to a dearer plan elsewhere.

Plascebo wrote: »
    Apologies for the question so late in the thread but tried reading back and cannot find the answer. If I text 20unlimited to 50104 do I receive the deal that is being advertised for ?25 on the sim-only deals on their page

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans

Am going to Spain soon and the free EU roaming, which I believe includes 1 GB data roaming, appeals to me.
    You get the 30 euro plan on pay as u go page but only pay 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Oh he has and the offer is active. Money was taken and the plan is working as it should. The website dashboard just isn't saying it is. Everywhere else is saying he's signed up and offer is activated.

Wouldn't take too much notice of the website. Absolute shambles of a site. Whoever designed it needs to get the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Exact same here. I'm leaving them on account of this, even to a dearer plan elsewhere.

You're leaving over a tenner to possibly a more expensive plan?

That's some logic, or what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can anyone confirm is this offer over from today?

Meteor still have it on their website and I would hazard a guess that they will soon just have the one 20 euro plan to compete with other operators. There's some difference in speeds compared to three and their mvnos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Do you think either speeds are poor? I have Eir for work phone and its fine here in midlands. However I was recently doing a job along the Kildare/Wicklow border and there was no coverage at all. Luckily I had my three personal phone and that had full coverage. It got me out of a problem as I did a hot spot in order to finish an online job on the Eir phone that had special app on it exclusive to my job. So perhaps I should stick with three for my personal phone then I always have more options

Its going to be more the rarity than norm that u will have three reception when there's no meteor. I have found its the opposite.

Speeds- meteor is very good. Maybe not Vodafone but lots better than three in my experience

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Heres a recent speedtest I did with Meteor

IMG_0579.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cocoon wrote: »

I just installed both app's, no issues using a Xiaomi Mi Max.
    Reliable Chinese android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You're leaving over a tenner to possibly a more expensive plan?

That's some logic, or what am I missing?

The alternative I have sourced is dearer but includes data (which I rarely use). I don't like any business that engages in stealth like tactics to increase their price, so I won't support them. If they were honest in their presentation by saying the price is going up by 10/20/30 percent I would accept that, but not reducing the days each month and adding a connection fee. It's like making the chocolate bars smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The connection fee applies to calls outside any offer or bundle. As it includes all calls, national and landlines, the 9c fee would apply to international calls, premium numbers etc. Vodafone and three have already switched to 28 days, I wouldn't be surprised if all the networks follow suit before June 15th to offset the EU roaming legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Got a message off Meteor just now informing me that the 30 day Simplicity plan will be 28 days from the 8th of June.

And that I can cancel my number with meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't see the big issue here. They're all doing it.

Still a great plan.

Indeed, Vodafone has 4 weeks also

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

I have spent the weekend trying to sort out my deal, as it did not renew as it should have. Some of their staff were very helpful, while others were downright ignorant. As it stands they maintain I am currently on the deal, but my apps and mymeteor online says different. No harm to them, but they come across as a bunch of amateurs when they cannot sort simple issues like this.

did you try texting offer to 50104 and see what comes back? That apparently is the definitive line as my mymeteor doesn't say it either however the offer text does.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

did you try texting offer to 50104 and see what comes back? That apparently is the definitive line as my mymeteor doesn't say it either however the offer text does.

Already had text 50104 with "offer" It says I am currently on no offer, but customer care still maintain I am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I don't see the big issue here. They're all doing it.

Still a great plan.

Its great if your on the €20 plan, Im paying €30 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

mikeym wrote: »
    Its great if your on the ?20 plan, Im paying ?30 a month.

Then switch.
    The offer is still on there site.
    There's been loads of instructions for existing customers to switch in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was going to switch today but I'm on Sim Only plan and cant see any way to switch to simplicity plan.Am I missing something very obvious ?

Sim Only plan isnt pre pay so im guessing that is the reason .I have tried the texts to 50104 and they all come back as failed/go to meteor.ie. Also live chat told me I cant move over.

Advertisement