Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack outside UK Houses Of Parliament — No speculation — Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yeah, right. I take it you don't know who Martin McGuinness is/was ... :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha. You think a few check points and troops on the street were Britains A-Game? You think Afghanistan and Iraq were Britain and US's A-Game? That was just playing nice.

The true military option, The A-Game is there and we can end this fast whenever we don't want to play nice anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

group of French teenagers injured

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Civil service offices have been on a heightened state of alert for a few weeks to my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

"Many people not knowing whether to run or film" said the sky reporter.

Jesus.

Makes me think of that Black Mirror episode.

ranking-all-the-black-mirror-episodes-18fead53-02fa-4bea-8caf-7f370d98b323-jpeg-252073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Fook! Multiple locations targeted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,848 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

London Eye shut down, people trapped inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Grayson wrote: »
    Secondly what does Asian mean? Indian, Japanese, Arabic?

It's used to cover : India, Pakistan, Bangladesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Never fails to amaze me that when a tragedy is unfolding people here like nothing better than having a snipe at each other and trying to prove each other wrong

S***e!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Think it's fairly obvious what this is. Don't get this " no speculation " stuff. I'm guessing this wasn't a catholic priest for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Never fails to amaze me that when a tragedy is unfolding people here like nothing better than having a snipe at each other and trying to prove each other wrong

Welcome to the Internet my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Not exactly trapped in fairness. The are being deliberately kept there in line with security procedures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 AreWeAlone

Yeah, you might be right there ...

Try Canary Wharf, Bishopsgate, Deal, Omagh, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton.

Seeing as "the Irish" have been responsible for more terrorist deaths in the UK alone than any other nationality's caused in the whole of the EU, we shouldn't be allowed off the island. :mad:

Yeah, right. I take it you don't know who Martin McGuinness is/was ... :rolleyes:
    Actually, British terrorist invaders have murdered far more Irish than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,848 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see body armourised plain clothes police have yellow tape on their right shoulders to identify them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

"heavily tooled up officers" says Kay

snigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Sky news twitter now confirming 1 dead and others with 'catastrophic' injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭Christy42

Think it's fairly obvious what this is. Don't get this " no speculation " stuff. I'm guessing this wasn't a catholic priest for instance.

It was fairly obvious what the incident in Quebec was as well. Turns out what was fairly obvious was wrong there. Hence the claim that we should wait till things become clearer. There were plenty of eye witness stories that turned put to be incorrect there as well.

Simple enough stuff here people. You can get your grandstanding in when and if it is confirmed. No need to rush to it.

Hoping the multiple location stuff is all precaution and nothing serious going on elsewhere. As Robert has said it is all senseless.

She was there, we were not. She saw him, we didn't. I dunno about you, but I'm inclined to believe eye-witnesses

Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable

rabjoshu wrote: »

snigger

Not the time or place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

rabjoshu wrote: »

snigger

Mod

Strike two and you're done. Don't post in this thread again. Your 'hilarious' posts are far from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

She was there, we were not. She saw him, we didn't. I dunno about you, but I'm inclined to believe eye-witnesses and the news rather than ignore them.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that in the UK it's more meant towards Pakistani, as opposed to Asian meaning in/around China and Japan for the US. I'm not British so I don't know and I don't necessarily believe it. Just what I read.

We don't know she was there. That's the point. Some randomer on the internet says something and we believe them? Remember all the crap that was online after the boston bombers? Unless I see something live with geolocation tagging I'm not going to believe anything that's floating around on twitter/facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Scotland Yard to make a statement in 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People suffering from catastrophic injuries. It does not sound good for them, but medical people can perform miracles in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

bubblypop wrote: »
    Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable

As opposed to the incredible reliability of internet forum posters who were not there, who blindly say "don't speculate on their ethnicity that's racist!!!11" despite being told from somebody who was there that it was an asian man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Sky saying some of the injured have "catastrophic" injuries :( I hope they all survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

The Reuters photos were very graphic and too close to the victims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Todays the 1 year anniversary of the Brussels Bombing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...despite being told from somebody who says she was there ...

Fixed. That's the point people are trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Sky saying some of the injured have "catastrophic" injuries :( I hope they all survive.

One lady confirmed as having died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The photos Sky are posting are disgusting. No respect.

Advertisement