Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack outside UK Houses Of Parliament — No speculation — Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Scenes on bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Sickening isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,585 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is it just me or did the woman who ran up to the victim @10 seconds start taking pictures with her phone?

Yes. Obscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Are the two guys sitting behind the guy talking in the parliament on sky news now twins???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The curious thing about these types of situations, is how the various respondeners don't mistake each other for one of the bad guys. If they've got time to get their equipment, surely they've got time for some sort of identifiable uniform other than jeans and t-shirts.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_22_at_15_26_45.png

• Advertisement

Is it just me or did the woman who ran up to the victim @10 seconds start taking pictures with her phone?
    I presume she was ringing 999 rather than taking a photo ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Or dialling 999?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

harr wrote: »
    I presume she was ringing 999 rather than taking a photo ...

You can see as the camera pans back she has the phone to her ear.

But there are a few people just standing around filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭elefant

I'll come back when it's confirmed.

It's not a competition, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The curious thing about these types of situations, is how the various respondeners don't mistake each other for one of the bad guys. If they've got time to get their equipment, surely they've got time for some sort of identifiable uniform other than jeans and t-shirts.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_22_at_15_26_45.png

hopefully none of the bad guys ever arrives on the streets on London with that kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] how the various respondeners don't mistake each other for one of the bad guys. [...]

I'm pretty sure they perfectly know how to recognise each other and we will never know how they do that, for obvious reasons. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Being officially treated as a terrorist attack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah, like we banned all them Christians coming into the country after that Anders Breivik fella went on a rampage, or all those radical Christians from Northern Ireland :rolleyes:

I know right. Shur while male christians are forever driving cars and trucks throwing crowds of people. I'm talking real life imminent threats from a group of people with millions of followers not one lone nutbag.

First Up wrote: »
    Or dialling 999?

No, there is a guy already on his phone and she clearly finds the camera app first and then readjusts the phone to film.

Off topic but I watched a very interesting film on this subject just last night. Nightcrawler - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightcrawler_(film)

Being officially treated as a terrorist attack now.

By the Metropolitan Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Some shocking pictures of the attack on reuters.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You can see as the camera pans back she has the phone to her ear.

But there are a few people just standing around filming.
    Security forces have said before photos or videos from people's phones are now a vital part of an investigation and to piece together events of what has happened.
    It's pure voyeurism in my opinion especially when a person could be in a position to help a victim..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The culprit was taken away in an ambulance by armed guard. He may be still alive.

Keep him alive, say he died, take him to a black site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

From Sky News:

Witnesses described seeing a middle-aged man carrying a knife and running.

Jayne Wilkinson said: "We were taking photos of Big Ben and we saw all the people running towards us, and then there was an Asian guy in about his 40s carrying a knife about seven or eight inches long.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I know right. Shur while male christians are forever driving cars and trucks throwing crowds of people. I'm talking real life imminent threats from a group of people with millions of followers not one lone nutbag.

Hunky Monster - Do not post in this thread again, you have an agenda in what you are posting which is derailing the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nerdlingr wrote: »

nasty stuff:(

Nerdlingr wrote:

Imagine being related to that woman on the ground looking at the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'd love if they could invoke some draconian by law to send cnuts like that to jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Whoever was taking some of those pictures of the victims need a serious word in their ear.

I'd love if they could invoke some draconian bylaw to send cnuts like that to jail.
    There is no to know for sure she was taking a photo...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

there was an Asian guy
    While "Asian" in America and most other places means Chinese or thereabouts, in UK it's a euphemism for Pakistani or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

harr wrote: »
    There is no to know for sure she was taking a photo...

Even if she wasn't, there's plenty will be.

nasty stuff:(

Shocking that an editor of a reputable site would take a decision to put some of them online at this stage.

January wrote: »
    Whoever was taking some of those pictures of the victims need a serious word in their ear.
    It's important to document these incidents some of these photos are being taken by professional photographers ...that's the job they do ...nothing shocking about it .we all look at them its human nature we all will look at the papers tomorrow or look at them online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

January wrote: »

Professional photographers who have no business attending to injured people.

We should absolutely not malign the photography of incidents like this. The outcome should be shown in all details, we should not whitewash.

Eyewitness reports an "Asian" man. Is anyone surprised anymore?

Advertisement