Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack outside UK Houses Of Parliament — No speculation — Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

January wrote: »
    Not at all, by all means, photograph the event, the aftermath etc. But there are absolutely no need for photos such as the ones being shown on Reuters at the moment. Those poor people's families may not even be notified their loved ones are injured/dead and they could see it online before they are.

Unfortunately, the victims are part of the event and the aftermath. Can't be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

For the terrorists that think these kind of attacks do anything to shake the resolve of the UK should have a look at the people in the background. Even in the midst of a terrorist attack you can see people just going about their business, one of the picture on Reuters shows armed police running while a guy in the foreground has a casual chat on his phone.

These attacks are pointless, how can the people involved think they're achieving anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You want the family to be told a lie?
    WTF?

They mean the family members should be informed about the death FIRST.

It's all well and good "documenting" these tragedies. But showing the victims on TV, potentially identifiable, before the next of kin have been informed crosses a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

It's ok Kay has arrived on location

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Mod: Please don't speculate as to the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

One of them is asian.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

They found Kay Burley and rushed her to the scene. Looks like she got dragged outta the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Tighter immigration controls for Ireland. Only a matter of time.

Yeah, you might be right there ...
    wow where have we seen this before.

Try Canary Wharf, Bishopsgate, Deal, Omagh, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton.

Seeing as "the Irish" have been responsible for more terrorist deaths in the UK alone than any other nationality's caused in the whole of the EU, we shouldn't be allowed off the island. :mad:
    There is no military solution to this
    Yes there is........

Yeah, right. I take it you don't know who Martin McGuinness is/was ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ScumLord wrote: »
    These attacks are pointless, how can the people involved think they're achieving anything?

Indoctrination.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Christy42 wrote: »
    No. Don't show the pictures, no one knows who is dead yet and no lie told. They get contacted by authorities and informed by them. Once that has happened or they can't contact them in a reasonable time frame the pictures are shown.

Thats what I mean. Of course family should be first to know.

The only photo I have seen is of the culprit. For me I dont care about him.

Sorry if we are not on same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

For the terrorists that think these kind of attacks do anything to shake the resolve of the UK should have a look at the people in the background. Even in the midst of a terrorist attack you can see people just going about their business, one of the picture on Reuters shows armed police running while a guy in the foreground has a casual chat on his phone.

Good old London. You can bet there are people somewhere having a whinge at how this is going to affect their commute home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Professional photographers who have no business attending to injured people.

We should absolutely not malign the photography of incidents like this. The outcome should be shown in all details, we should not whitewash.

Eyewitness reports an "Asian" man. Is anyone surprised anymore?

Eyewitness reports also reported an Asian man shouting Islamic words in Canada.

Turned out to be a white supremacist Trump fan.

How about save your sarcastic comments on an entire religion for the emergence of facts? You'll have plenty of time to make them if it turns out it was indeed a Islamic Radical.

As for the rest of your post, BS. I'm not a paramedic but if i see someone bleeding to death I'm gonna put pressure on their wounds not take photos of them bleeding to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

sjb25 wrote: »
    It's ok Kay has arrived on location

#sadnessinhereyes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

London Ambulance service say it took them 6 minutes to reach the scene, and it was declared a major incident event.
    They also say they sent in their hazardous area response team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Photo's going around are shocking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'm sure most of the ghouls that take photos are purely motivated by providing Pulitzer level historical documentation for the edification of future generations alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is the people who were attacked today that one has to feel for, innocent people going about their lives, maybe work, leisure, on holidays, a police man working to earn some money for himself and maybe his family.

Indeed Robert. I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often around london in the last few years, but that may well be due to the great work of their security services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

"Many people not knowing whether to run or film" said the sky reporter.

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Whoever they are, just getting a lot of media airtime and people discussing it on internet forums like this one already is a win for them.

And to be honest, if there are indeed people just going on as usual while heavily armed police is in operation around them, I am not sure it is a good sign about the state of a country. In a safe and peaceful society most people would naturally be surprise and afraid as this is not something they would be used to seeing or expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Indeed Robert. I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often around in the last few years, but that may well be due to the great work of their security services.

Westminster is generally well secured area too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Jesus.
    Well Sky are filming.

• Advertisement

Westminster is generally well secured area too.

I'm very surprised by what I'm hearing. Based on UK's relative lack of attacks (compared to France of course) it's the last place I thought they'd be able to kill anyone. That's the point I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Firstly we we have no reason to believe her. Secondly what does Asian mean? Indian, Japanese, Arabic?

rabjoshu wrote: »
    Well Sky are filming.

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm sure most of the ghouls that take photos are purely motivated by providing Pulitzer level historical documentation for the edification of future generations alright.

They are doing an important service to the public and history, unlike the PC bleeding hearts of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm very surprised by what I'm hearing. Based on UK's relative lack of attacks (compared to France of course) it's the last place I thought they'd be able to kill anyone. That's the point I suppose.

Based on what I read, a guy rammed a car into people, then into a fence (I don't know if hitting the people was deliberate or if they were just in his way as he was charging into the fence). Then got out and stabbed someone.
    No amount of sniffer dogs are going to stop that. It'd all be over in seconds. It's pretty low tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Jesus.

I'm not a fit bloke but after a few gunshots I'd give Usain Bolt a run for his money in the first 100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

CNN say 1 dead, many hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

One woman dead,

RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Grayson wrote: »
    Firstly we we have no reason to believe her.

She was there, we were not. She saw him, we didn't. I dunno about you, but I'm inclined to believe eye-witnesses and the news rather than ignore them.
    Grayson wrote: »
    Secondly what does Asian mean? Indian, Japanese, Arabic?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that in the UK it's more meant towards Pakistani, as opposed to Asian meaning in/around China and Japan for the US. I'm not British so I don't know and I don't necessarily believe it. Just what I read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I hope the man who told Sky news about the body in the water has told the cops about it..

Advertisement