Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and ad/sp (no gossip)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Apparently Cocoa Brown sent out a press drop today to bloggers.. Interesting timing. To appease?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Mekekka wrote: »
    Apparently Cocoa Brown sent out a press drop today to bloggers.. Interesting timing. To appease?

I think it was more of a case of bad timing

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Yeah there's truth in what she's said but you cant go complaining about it when thats the exact way you built your brand. Also when Coco Brown launched blogging was not at the level its at now and I don't think bloggers had to #ad.

I'm sure there would have been a different response to her product had everyone known that the bloggers were being paid to recommend it, with result she might not have been able to do so well. It just stinks of hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I don't mean to speculate, but maybe MC is getting fed up paying the bigger bloggers their hefty fee's that they charge for a mention on SC, Insta and on their blog. Cocoa Brown products are quite affordable as they are so imagine having to pay hundreds just to get a mention and it's not even a true recommendation.

As much as I don't really care for MC, she's saying what she feels as a business woman. This was a huge risk for her and her business but she said it anyway. It's a pity there are still some businesses and big bloggers with little to no integrity left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

It seems she was unhappy for a while about bloggers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

She has just tweeted a letter replying to what has happened! Trying to attached screenshot but doesn't seem to be working!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

My god you'd swear she made an insensitive concerning race or sexuality or something not insulted a bunch of beauty bloggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It seems she was unhappy for a while about bloggers
    Does Marissa not realise that many bloggers aren't "professionals". That many of them do it as a hobby, an escape, for enjoyment.

I seen on Facebook that Fitz N Bitz reposted the picture of the letter and there's someone saying that she will not continue to support Cocoa Brown over what she said and that the letter wasn't good enough. I'm sorry, but why is this so offensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I seen on Facebook that Fitz N Bitz reposted the picture of the letter and there's someone saying that she will not continue to support Cocoa Brown over what she said and that the letter wasn't good enough. I'm sorry, but why is this so offensive?
    I get the impression from some of the bloggers I follow that they were genuinely shocked at what Marissa had said. I guess that would have thought highly of Marissa and her company and perhaps feel that this was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

• Advertisement

Only bloggers I see actually outraged by this are people who do it as a hobby, it's clearly not about you get over it.

I don't think cocoa brown will suffer much from the lovely girly bits not wanting their press drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it just me or is it the smaller bloggers who are rinsing this the most? The bigger ones haven't responded much, as far as I can see. Trying to shoehorn themselves in to get some notice.

This was only ever going to come to blows at some point. The bigger bloggers take the free items, the invitations to press events and they get paid for the product placement and rarely ever tell us which is which so what happens after that is the consumer don't have a real understanding what's paid for and and what's not (which is heavily demonstrated these past few months with these threads).

If anything, from my own perspective is I can't trust their opinions on whether a product is good or not so then I don't buy it and that will only affect the company naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

One blogger (@totalmakeupaddict) wrote: "am just writing today off as a horrific day in the Irish beauty blogging scene".. I mean...priorities?
    Some of the (not so known) bloggers Tweets are hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Case in point, Anna. "Unique lives and talents". That's actually delusional.

Really shows the priorities of these women.

When Marissa had snide catty comments on twitter before the gossies most of these bloggers weren't speaking out then, now she's made a very valid point about blogging and any girl who has ever had an opinion on a mascara is outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

anna080 wrote: »
    One blogger (@totalmakeupaddict) wrote: "am just writing today off as a horrific day in the Irish beauty blogging scene".. I mean...priorities?
    Some of the (not so known) bloggers Tweets are hysterical.

They really are going over the top about it everyone in that industry and the followers know who she's referring to it's all about facesbygrace the make up fairy so sue me and pippa
    they should be all
    Tweeting about these bloggers who have ruined it for them but they're all afraid to name names .. which means these type of comments are always going to be generalised..
    even rosemary who's not afraid to say what she thinks wouldn't name who has completely ruined bloggers credibility..

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

ameliams wrote: »
    Really shows the priorities of these women.

When Marissa had snide catty comments on twitter before the gossies most of these bloggers weren't speaking out then, now she's made a very valid point about blogging and any girl who has ever had an opinion on a mascara is outraged.
    I agree where were these bloggers when facesbygrace grace was being horrible about fellow blogger rosemary no one spoke up then to support another blogger .. that's why no one respects them anymore they're afraid to voice their opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread is no longer about #ad and again used to have digs at bloggers and to gossip.

I am blocking this stuff from this forum altogether now, surely another forum can accommodate.

There is a thread here in Helpdesk with comments around the forum.

A new forum focused on social media is requested and you can make a contribution here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement