Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and ad/sp (no gossip)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Note make up being pushed everywhere today.

Just Jordan #ad it yesterday, so presume the others are getting paid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Noticed JJ has started to use #ad more recently, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Ray37 wrote: »
    Noticed JJ has started to use #ad more recently, finally!

Not before time . Her snapchat is one big ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I have noticed a few high-profile Instagram bloggers are still using the hashtags #follow4follow and #followback but they don't actually follow people back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That is not the topic for this thread. Read the first post again and stay on topic henceforth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

It seems to be the same influencer names that are cropping up here the whole time. However I've noticed that there are some influencers with smaller numbers of followers that are just as bad as the main ones. There's an MUA based in Waterford who plugs local pharmacies, cosmetics, skincare products, hairdressers, jewellery/jewellers, false lashes, facials etc..and not a single #ad the whole time. In fairness she also shows products that she buys herself but the amount of product promotion was so ridiculous I had to unfollow her. There are more like her but she's one of the worst I've seen for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I've just noticed something that I've never really noticed before. (Please correct me if this is off topic as I don't want to derail the thread) but basically I noticed on MUF post of her going to the Beauty and the Beast premiere/event thingy (obvs this is a promotion) but she used the hashtag #arinfluencers. I've never seen it been used before so went to check it out and it stood for Andrea Roche Influencers.
    If you click through to the # you see all the top influencers posts but mainly they are reposts of the pictures from the Andrea Roche page itself.

The reason I bring this up is because some of the pictures are and can be seen to have products in it that aren't tagged as #ad. For example of this, Andrea Roche page reposted a picture of an Irish blogger who's in the U.K. Sophie Mitch holding 2 rimmel mascaras with no #ad or #spon, but I went onto the girls own page and found the picture and it has the proper #spon (uk rules heavily enforce it).

My question is, how does this apply? Does it count as the ad because if the agency is posting it, does it not count? Also, does that mean that anything an influencer of hers posts a picture at an event and uses her # does that fall under the elusive 'brand ambassador' tag line?

Again sorry if this isn't related, but it's just a genuine query in relation to the #'s and if this is a way of getting around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I've just noticed something that I've never really noticed before. (Please correct me if this is off topic as I don't want to derail the thread) but basically I noticed on MUF post of her going to the Beauty and the Beast premiere/event thingy (obvs this is a promotion) but she used the hashtag #arinfluencers. I've never seen it been used before so went to check it out and it stood for Andrea Roche Influencers.
    If you click through to the # you see all the top influencers posts but mainly they are reposts of the pictures from the Andrea Roche page itself.

The reason I bring this up is because some of the pictures are and can be seen to have products in it that aren't tagged as #ad. For example of this, Andrea Roche page reposted a picture of an Irish blogger who's in the U.K. Sophie Mitch holding 2 rimmel mascaras with no #ad or #spon, but I went onto the girls own page and found the picture and it has the proper #spon (uk rules heavily enforce it).

My question is, how does this apply? Does it count as the ad because if the agency is posting it, does it not count? Also, does that mean that anything an influencer of hers posts a picture at an event and uses her # does that fall under the elusive 'brand ambassador' tag line?

Again sorry if this isn't related, but it's just a genuine query in relation to the #'s and if this is a way of getting around it.

I spotted the #arinfluencer too and hadn't a clue what it meant. Sounds like there should be disclosure alright in the form of #ad or #sp

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulsocialr

Do you think that we'll get legislation any time soon about the use of #AD like Australia did?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Do you think that we'll get legislation any time soon about the use of #AD like Australia did?

I do hope so. I know that the bloggers/Influencers are getting better at it but I still think that they should make it mandatory.

I also do think that everything should be disclosed i.e. Press samples, gifts etc. I also think that they should tighten up on the the 'brand ambassador' loophole too, because technically they are being sponsored by the brand. We only ever hear of them being a 'brand ambassador' as an excuse when they get called out for not disclosing properly.

• Advertisement

I see terrie mc evoy is now brand ambassador for so sue me products? She has #brandambassador on an Instagram post but no #ad or #sp. she has used #sp in the pat, so presume she has been told by SJ to use brand ambassador as a way of getting around it. So bad.

This, and the previous thread, have really helped make bloggers declare that something is an ad or a sponsored post. Sue, who along with Fairy for years and years never seemed to declare anything as an ad, has now put up a post with #ad for Danone yoghurt. Not before time that she's actually starting to follow the regs. Makes you wonder the amount of undeclared ads gotten away with over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Grace just put up a post about the baby's nighttime routine and low and behold the brand she mentioned she was working with last week is in two photos - Johnsons. I go through phases of following/unfollowing Grace but as she puts so much of her life on social media I'm sure i haven't missed her using the Johnsons products before she she started working with them. I've taken screenshots of the blog post and when she officially works with Johnsons I'll report it to the ASAI.
    At least she #ad for meaghers and C&G today

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Grace just put up a post about the baby's nighttime routine and low and behold the brand she mentioned she was working with last week is in two photos - Johnsons. I go through phases of following/unfollowing Grace but as she puts so much of her life on social media I'm sure i haven't missed her using the Johnsons products before she she started working with them. I've taken screenshots of the blog post and when she officially works with Johnsons I'll report it to the ASAI.
    At least she #ad for meaghers and C&G today

How does she get away with it

Was anyone watching JK at the strong roots event? Roz Purcell and Siobhan O'H were also there and they both #sp - JK put up and awful lot of snaps so surely it was a #sp event for him too?

EDIT: he #ad on instagram - surely someone as PR savvy should really be abiding by the rules

Also see Pippa putting Paul Mitchell products on both snap and insta story and not a # to be seen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Was anyone watching JK at the strong roots event? Roz Purcell and Siobhan O'H were also there and they both #sp - JK put up and awful lot of snaps so surely it was a #sp event for him too?

Also see Pippa putting Paul Mitchell products on both snap and insta story and not a # to be seen :p

Were the Paul Mitchell products sponsored? I was tempted to get the hair mask tbh..

anna080 wrote: »
    Were the Paul Mitchell products sponsored? I was tempted to get the hair mask tbh..

I just assumed with my pessimistic head that they were as she's never mentioned them before and out on both platforms, I have no basis for saying this! have to say I love Paul Mitchell products myself, well worth their price :)

I just assumed with my pessimistic head that they were as she's never mentioned them before and out on both platforms, I have no basis for saying this! have to say I love Paul Mitchell products myself, well worth their price :)

Yeah I don't trust anything she talks about. Sure she was always going on about Rimmel,bourjois etc and turns out it was sponsored all the time. (she since #ads lots of their products so defo was undisclosed before. Also, she didnt #ad that photoshoot for the races today. She worked with BT last week and #ad it then. Today all BT shout outs and nada.....

Also her make up bag and make up is way too clean to be realistic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Was lying in bed with the OH the other night and she was flicking (to my despair) through her Snapchat story.

Get to FacesbyGrace and I start a little game.

Every Snap I say "Ad?" OH shakes head.

"Ad?" *shakes head*

Honestly, her entire snap story is an insult. Has ASAI not sent her any warnings yet?

And there goes Pippa again not using #ad - on Tuesday she put a snap up with sketchers and no #ad and today she now #ad with them, reported to the ASAI because she is getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement

And there goes Pippa again not using #ad - on Tuesday she put a snap up with sketchers and no #ad and today she now #ad with them, reported to the ASAI because she is getting ridiculous at this stage.

Fairy was promotingt he skechers runners too and to my shock, she had #ad mentioned .So ibassume Pippas are an ad also.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Plenty of free advertisement for afternoon tea in Arnotts today. Are we to assume that they all paid for the outing themselves? No mention of it being sponsored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

When will they realize they need #ad on EVERY SNAP relating to that particular item? Drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Plenty of free advertisement for afternoon tea in Arnotts today. Are we to assume that they all paid for the outing themselves? No mention of it being sponsored

If they weren't paid then they wouldn't have to declare it as sponsored, even if it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SassyP

JJ at the pregnancy and baby fair today and in fairness she #ad - EVB and FBG also there and no #ad

SassyP wrote: »
    JJ at the pregnancy and baby fair today and in fairness she #ad - EVB and FBG also there and no #ad

Rosie #ad also! Like they all had the same group pic. Rosie and JJ had #ad, Grace had nothing. Doubt only 2 out of 3 are getting paid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Evb flew over for the event so it was definitely an #ad. She doesn't seem to ad on snap chat only instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SassyP

Evb flew over for the event so it was definitely an #ad. She doesn't seem to ad on snap chat only instagram

She didn't #ad on her Instagram either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

A huge majority don't seem to think snapchat matters as it's gone in 24 hours, when in fact it should matter more as it's how most of their followers interact with them by their own admission, and they can see number of views etc, plus they're actually talking about products or attending launches, unlike a picture on instagram.

Grace mentioned after the fact that they were there to promote it but never mentioned #ad when it's now obvious she was being paid. Same as the Great Ireland Run, she never once mentioned it and she's only recently started to #ad/spon the Meaghers stuff and even then it's one snap out of a lot. How she can say she's fully transparent is beyond me.

Like in fairness, if they really weren't getting paid for as little as they make out and declare as #ad, none of them must ever make any money, it's a wonder they can pay their bills.....:getlost:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement