Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Michelle3339

Does anyone know what firms pay FE1 fees ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lostudent

Does anyone know what firms pay FE1 fees ?

All of the top 5 (likely top 10 by now), and getting less and less likely the smaller the firm gets. Not sure anyone's compiled a full list, if that's what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I’m planning to do contract, company, equity (did these 3 in October but failed one but a few % so have to repeat all again). Thinking of adding on 2 extra subjects for March. I’m currently leaning towards criminal and then I’m between tort, EU or constitutional for my final one, any thoughts on these subjects in general or advice?

I’m not doing property as I feel it will overlap with equity a bit and I know it’ll just confuse me and get things mixed up.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

holliek wrote: »
    I’m planning to do contract, company, equity (did these 3 in October but failed one but a few % so have to repeat all again). Thinking of adding on 2 extra subjects for March. I’m currently leaning towards criminal and then I’m between tort, EU or constitutional for my final one, any thoughts on these subjects in general or advice?

I’m not doing property as I feel it will overlap with equity a bit and I know it’ll just confuse me and get things mixed up.

TIA

I did Contract, Company, Equity, EU and Property in October.

My advice would be to take Property because of the overlap with Equity actually. For me, it reduced the overall syllabus of both to learn and it was nice enough to go through it so by the end you can add cases you maybe did not have in one to the other. As well Property is a short enough syllabus. But that's up to you.

EU was huge but then I cut out quite a lot, prediction wise I was not very lucky - thought it was my 'worst' exam... had the best grade in it along with property so.... I think the examiner grades really nicely. I feel it is an 'easier' subject to pass. I basically invented one of the case notes because I did not remember what it was about or anything, felt I did a really mediocre job on 2 other questions as well... worked out fine, go figure!

Did not do Constitutional, Criminal and Tort so cannot give an opinion other that I picked subjects for my first sitting I had done the most recently in college and that I liked more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Lostudent wrote: »
    All of the top 5 (likely top 10 by now), and getting less and less likely the smaller the firm gets. Not sure anyone's compiled a full list, if that's what you're looking for.

I’m not sure how many of the top 5s still pay FE1 Fees. They all cover PPC but I know that some don’t refund FE1 Fees anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Hi guys

Where are people getting march 2019’s timetable from? the application form isn’t up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 username0001

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Hi guys

Where are people getting march 2019’s timetable from? the application form isn’t up yet!

It's usually posted with the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Hi guys

I think if you log-in to see your results you can scroll down and find it there. I'm pretty sure that's where I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Has anyone heard from the Law society about Sunday/Monday paper viewings?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

jus_me wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from the Law society about Sunday/Monday paper viewings?

Not yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭vid36

Leraf wrote: »
    Not yet
    I also am waiting to hear.I fear it will be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Lostudent wrote: »

Working in a top 4 firm who pay FE1 and give study leave

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Katelawstu

I’m not sure how many of the top 5s still pay FE1 Fees. They all cover PPC but I know that some don’t refund FE1 Fees anymore.

Yeah I got a TC in a top 4 firm and they are not refunding the Fe1s. Also know another top 4 firm who don't refund them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Exactly Who do I get in touch with in Regard to viewing my Equity paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Neon Demon wrote: »
    I think if you log-in to see your results you can scroll down and find it there. I'm pretty sure that's where I saw it.

Oh I didn’t sit any this round so don’t have access to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Guys what exactly was the update on criminal law/what year that was important in the recent few years that might not be updated in older manuals? I remember reading it here somewhere... TIA.

Otherwise if anyone would like to swap materials (especially more or less recent sample answers etc) I am looking for them for criminal, constitutional & tort. I have a good few bits on the 5 others. Just PM me to discuss that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: Hi everyone, sorry to butt in with this but we have been doing very well on this point in recent times, aside from a few posts recently.

A reminder that there is no trading of manuals or other exam materials allowed on this forum due to the fact that disputes cannot be resolved when they arise. Please use designated trading sites for exchange of these materials.

For the first time in a long while, I have had to issue a couple of warnings and delete posts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Got my viewing confirmation email just now for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭vid36

jus_me wrote: »
    Got my viewing confirmation email just now for Sunday
    I got mine for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey!! Would anyone have the lawschool.ie summary on priority of topics for EU, constitutional and Tort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bobble1

Hi guys has anyone else not received an email from the law society confirming time slot for viewing paper this weekend?

I tried ringing them on Friday and was told system was down all day so had to leave only voicemail and emails.

I need to make travel arrangements so wondering is it worth it heading up tomorrow anyway?

Got a recheck previously and nothing came of it so really want to see the paper first before making a decision either way.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Teamhrach wrote: »
    Junior cert pass is 40%. LLM is 50%. Medicine is 60-65%. 50 is fair and I think necessary for professional exams.

There’s a separate thread that might be of interest though: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057917486/8
    Or search “FE1 challenge the rules”

I have a LLM..... It's not 50% to pass anything. Nor are there any exams. It's assignment based (in UCC anyways).
    Medicine is 40% or 50% depending on exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Magic3pg

Hi guys!

Can anyone tell me is it worth rechecking a paper I got 47% in? Does anyone know of anyone who have actually gone up 3% in a recheck?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Magic3pg wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Can anyone tell me is it worth rechecking a paper I got 47% in? Does anyone know of anyone who have actually gone up 3% in a recheck?

Thanks.

I know someone who went from 41% to 50% in an exam, so definitely worth it if you’re not sure of the grade!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Hi guys!

Thanks.

I went up 3% in Equity last March. Still failed it, mind. I’d check it if I were you.

Gomzu wrote: »
    I know someone who went from 41% to 50% in an exam, so definitely worth it if you’re not sure of the grade!

Wow! Thanks a lot, gives me a bit of hope!

I went up 3% in Equity last March. Still failed it, mind. I’d check it if I were you.

Thank you! I'll definitely go for the rechecks so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ellecm123

luckyman wrote: »
    I am quitting the FE1 process. I have had enough. If anyone would like to avail of my manuals/ notes please message me

Hi if u still have manuals / notes available i would love to get them !? Why are u quitting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Wow! Thanks a lot, gives me a bit of hope!

Personally I wouldn't unless exception, because it sounds like (unless you think you done fantastically well like should have got into the 60's) that they marked your whole paper.

Most people have said in cases where they did badly like got 38 percent knowing they definitely did better it turned out parts of exam question was skipped and they got brought up into the 50's. The common thing I was told was anything from 45 percent is rarely brought up. Totally open to correction but that is mainly what I have been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Did anyone here view their paper? Was pretty useless I thought, but expected as much, didn’t have my hopes high. I viewed criminal and he just had a few ticks and then the mark. Anyone other examiner give any more notes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement