Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I've done the mobile and computer website like all I get is the message about the 30th at 10am. I cannot believe it is 11am and I have no post or no online results.

I'm the same

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

I'm speechless. I was certain I failed my final 2. My 5th sitting of all FE1s..... I got 51 and 53. Oh the sweet relief. They can be passed folks..... if a mediocre guy like me can pass them..... so can you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭vid36

I'm speechless. I was certain I failed my final 2. My 5th sitting of all FE1s..... I got 51 and 53. Oh the sweet relief. They can be passed folks..... if a mediocre guy like me can pass them..... so can you!!!!

Well done.Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Congratulations!! Proud of you!

And thank you all! The help received and exchanged here helps tremendously! Peace of mind wise & for the studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

When you log in where are the results? They aren’t coming up for me .. such a computer noob any help will be greatly appreciated stressing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Results are now online for students who are able to log in.

Well done all!! Whether you passed or failed you still put in work and learnt/gained experience from it. I cannot bring myself to check them! I dont want bad news ruining a nice weekend i have ahead. Has anyone passed property/contract or criminal with one bad question.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

I passed Tort and failed Equity (again) as expected.

Does anyone have any advice on what subjects I should take in March?

I have Equity, Contract, Company and Constitutional left.

Only have time to do 2 in March. Should I repeat Equity again or give it a break for this sitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CHBrown89

Hi there,

Never posted on this before - but I've reached desperation levels and don't know where to go from here. Have sat Equity three times and got my results today and failed it again.

It's my last exam to pass and I'm at a loss as to why it keeps going so badly!!!

Can anyone throw me some information?? I have all the manuals and exam papers so I must be either failing the same question each time or am just coming at it from completely the wrong angle.

I have all previous exam papers and manual to share if anyone's looking for them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and well done to everyone who passed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Hey, with some disheartening results today, I would appreciate some feedback if I should drop contract (40) and take up a higher pass rate subject like property or EU? My results were consistent, 40,41 and 43 but just didn't take home the bacon and plan to go at it again in march!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

I got 50% in Equity. Nearly collapsed.

• Advertisement

Fiiiiinally got in by clicking the link in the email again. Thanks to my boyfriend for suggesting it :pac:

51 in constitutional, two weeks before it I was considering not sitting it! Just company left in March now :)

FE!student wrote: »
    I passed Tort and failed Equity (again) as expected.

Does anyone have any advice on what subjects I should take in March?

I have Equity, Contract, Company and Constitutional left.

Only have time to do 2 in March. Should I repeat Equity again or give it a break for this sitting :)

I'd do equity and contract if I were you

lawless11 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Proud of you!

And thank you all! The help received and exchanged here helps tremendously! Peace of mind wise & for the studying.

Well done yourself. To get 5 on your first sit is top of the class stuff. You'll ace them in March I bet. Wish it hadn't taken me so many goes lol

CHBrown89 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Never posted on this before - but I've reached desperation levels and don't know where to go from here. Have sat Equity three times and got my results today and failed it again.

It's my last exam to pass and I'm at a loss as to why it keeps going so badly!!!

Can anyone throw me some information?? I have all the manuals and exam papers so I must be either failing the same question each time or am just coming at it from completely the wrong angle.

I have all previous exam papers and manual to share if anyone's looking for them.

Same thing happened to me!!
    I failed it 3 times.
    I've passed all 8 now so it's testament it can be done.
    I really don't know where I went wrong as I felt I knew it inside out.
    My final sit I think I wrote ALL I knew. In desperation.
    You can pass it in March!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Passed my final 3 exams and got an apprenticeship all in the same week! Literally the best feeling ever! I graduated in 2010 in the midst of the recession and gave up on pursuing the law as it was almost impossible to find a traineeship. I had to start from scratch and do a postgrad to work as a primary teacher. I've been at that for 6 years. Spent the last 2 working and studying at night for FE1s. It's been incredibly tough. Its amazing to think I finally got here. It just shows it's never too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Finally passed Equity -- truly the end of a personal saga.

So that's all 8 down after a painful 4 sittings and a lot of self-doubt. Guys these exams have a way of crushing your spirit and morale. I failed three last October then only missed out on Equity in March (thus also missing out on Blackhall until next year) so I know the feeling of dejection that can come with results day. Really doubted myself and my ability.

You really just have to keep at it, give yourself time to study and -- above all -- really get stuck into past papers, model answers and examiners reports. That was the difference for me in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 b.anna

Company was a disaster. I honestly don't get how they mark these exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

CHBrown89 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Equity is a tough one. I thought I failed it and even ended up doing an extra question to hedge my bets l. Worked out got 50 on the dot. I would advise looking at some of the directions given by lectures in Griffith or the like. I went to the one day prep course a bit all over the place and they laid out what tends to be examined and most lickly question re injunctions ect. I didn't anywhere near cover the whole course just did what they suggested and scrapped by first time. I know they say you can't predict what will come up but there is definitely a method of sorts I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ethan90

I never studied law before and have passed 6 so far.

On each exam iv gotten 60ish.

I'm a klutz with legal arguments but I've just always had at least 150-200 cases and qoutes in my head for each exam and dropped as many as I could into relevent scenarios where I spotted them.

I've always stuck to doing all the problem questions on the exam.

I don't think there's any like formula or luck. Just simply learning cases till you hate yourself lol.

So I wouldn't tell anyone that you need to have some special insight or critique to pass them, just a big memory.

Also I noticed my results were up on the last sitting and this time I made an effort to include as much 2016,2017,2018 case law as I could if that helps?

Ethan90 wrote: »
    I never studied law before and have passed 6 so far.

On each exam iv gotten 60ish.

I'm a klutz with legal arguments but I've just always had at least 150-200 cases and qoutes in my head for each exam and dropped as many as I could into relevent scenarios where I spotted them.

I've always stuck to doing all the problem questions on the exam.

I don't think there's any like formula or luck. Just simply learning cases till you hate yourself lol.

So I wouldn't tell anyone that you need to have some special insight or critique to pass them, just a big memory.

Also I noticed my results were up on the last sitting and this time I made an effort to include as much 2016,2017,2018 case law as I could if that helps?

Is that 150-200 cases per exam?

How do you remember that amount of cases? What technique do you use to learn them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Where do we get the timetable for next sitting?

Congrats on all getting results - match will be my first sitting and I am already terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ameliaearhart

well done everyone!
    does anyone have any idea what type of scores are needed to get the award the law society gives out for top score?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

I have an equity, and company manual I will dx free to good home as I have passed all and a little bit of help is needed to fellow sufferers. If u have a dx address feel free to private mail me and I will send via dx. First to mail me I will send to. Good luck to all in the future. I did in three sittings aged 33 with a four year old, baby on way and working full time. Cried many many tears of frustration and tiredness and didn’t go out at weekends but the feeling of the passing is immense so don’t give up. That’s the thing with these they are an endurance and stamina test

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Where do we get the timetable for next sitting?

Congrats on all getting results - match will be my first sitting and I am already terrified!

It will be on the March 2019 application pdf on the law soc website

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lmsc

Has anyone ever had any success with getting a recheck? Thankfully got the ‘magic 3’ but equity, being the bane of my existence, has let me down. Can’t decide if it’s worth getting a recheck!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lostudent

Still waiting on my results - seems the ‘password reset’ option is not functioning so they’re manually resetting people’s passwords. Sitting in work wondering when and if I’ll get any news today is pretty grim.

I'd do equity and contract if I were you

They seem like a good combination but they are on one day after the other.
    So now I'm thinking Equity and Constitutional or Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

FE!student wrote: »

They seem like a good combination but they are on one day after the other.
    So now I'm thinking Equity and Constitutional or Company.

Is the timetable out already? I can't see it if so

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

I really feel people's pain about Equity.Failed it for the 3rd time today.

The first time,I winged it and got 45
    The second time,I neglected it and got 40.
    The third time,I worked my ass of and got 42!!!!!!

Really starting to despair here.I have 6 in the Can but Equity is my Vietnam!

Well done to everyone regardless of your results today.We're all in this pressure cooker together.

I shall have a cold beer tonight and toast my fellow Fe1ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭vid36

lmsc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had any success with getting a recheck? Thankfully got the ‘magic 3’ but equity, being the bane of my existence, has let me down. Can’t decide if it’s worth getting a recheck!
    Was brought up in company after a recheck.It happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement