Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

pottsss777 wrote: »
    s14(4) Sale of Goods Act 1893: "An express warranty or condition does not negative a warranty or condition implied by this Act unless inconsistent therewith."

Revised Act - s14(4) Sale of Goods Act 1893: "(4) Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business and the buyer, expressly or by implication, makes known to the seller any particular purpose for which the goods are being bought, there is an implied condition that the goods supplied under the contract are reasonably fit for that purpose, whether or not that is a purpose for which such goods are commonly supplied, except where the circumstances show that the buyer does not rely, or that it is unreasonable for him to rely, on the seller's skill or judgement."

The latter is what my independent colleges manual says!

On the Irish Statute Book there is a link to the Revised Act

What you are quoting as 'the revised act' is s 14(4) of the 1980 Act?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: Guys, this thread is approaching the 10,000 post limit, which I'm told by my overlords is a hard limit. I don't want to lock this thread during an active exam sitting.

Another mod, Steve, came up with a solution which is to split this thread in 2. What date did the last sittings end and I'll use that as the cut-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Mod: Guys, this thread is approaching the 10,000 post limit, which I'm told by my overlords is a hard limit. I don't want to lock this thread during an active exam sitting.

Another mod, Steve, came up with a solution which is to split this thread in 2. What date did the last sittings end and I'll use that as the cut-off?

Finished with Equity on 13th Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Does anybody have past constitutional exam questions/reports that they would be willing to give me? Thanks so much

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Aaaaaaaannnnndddd done.

• Advertisement

Just to add, when these sittings are over, it would be great if some of you could pop back in to help the mod team to decide the best way forward for these exam threads. It would be nice if we were able to have some of the most useful posts from the last thread and maybe even the first one at the top of the thread and I've a few other ideas...

I won't go too far down that rabbit hole now while you're all very busy but as I said, we'd appreciate a helping hand from forum members who are at the FE1 coalface so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Just to add, when these sittings are over, it would be great if some of you could pop back in to help the mod team to decide the best way forward for these exam threads. It would be nice if we were able to have some of the most useful posts from the last thread and maybe even the first one at the top of the thread and I've a few other ideas...

I won't go too far down that rabbit hole now while you're all very busy but as I said, we'd appreciate a helping hand from forum members who are at the FE1 coalface so to speak.

As an idea ...maybe one for each subject or at least for each sitting one in March and one in October
    Just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

If anyone can point me in the direction of the best place to get the legislation for contract seeing as there's revised versions etc I'd be extremely grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

OMGWACA wrote: »
    If anyone can point me in the direction of the best place to get the legislation for contract seeing as there's revised versions etc I'd be extremely grateful!

I got all of mine from the OPW
    Tel.: (01) 647 6000
    E-mail: info@opw.ie

Hi guys
    Some advice re constitution please.
    Would I be safe to live out association and religion. Have all the course covered except these two.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kevin125

Did anyone answer q1 on the EU paper yday? I just gave info re the relevant institutions, had nothing about the effects from Lisbon. Just wondering would I pick up some marks for it? I'm aware it was about the effects of the lisbon treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MurphyL

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Some advice re constitution please.
    Would I be safe to live out association and religion. Have all the course covered except these two.
    Thanks

You will be more than fine! Have you all this learnt already? Fair play

MurphyL wrote: »
    You will be more than fine! Have you all this learnt already? Fair play

Yes studying since November my first sitting hence nerves and pressure.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Cannot find anyone of those pesky Acts permitted in Contract or Property

Considering chancing bringing ones printed from the internet

Any chance I can get away with it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

For contract, could anyone give me advice on topics to study. So far I have most of the following prepared -

Offer, acceptance, intention, consideration, estoppel
    Consumer protection (excl. EU)
    Misrep, mistake, undue influence, duress, unconscionable bargains
    Termination (agreement, performance, breach, frustration)
    Remedies

Would these topics suffice? I kind of feel like i should also include Clauses or Terms but am already drowning in workload as it is!!

Any tips/advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Have you contacted OPW? They'll have them all. There's very little chance that you'll be allowed bring a printed version in.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

I think it says in the letter we got from the Law Society that only official legislation is accepted.

Ring the OPW. Not sure when Property is on but it if you call the OPW on Monday they'll have the Sale of Goods legislation out to you in a couple of days.

For contract, could anyone give me advice on topics to study. So far I have most of the following prepared -

Offer, acceptance, intention, consideration, estoppel
    Consumer protection (excl. EU)
    Misrep, mistake, undue influence, duress, unconscionable bargains
    Termination (agreement, performance, breach, frustration)
    Remedies

Would these topics suffice? I kind of feel like i should also include Clauses or Terms but am already drowning in workload as it is!!

Any tips/advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

I would do terms and exclusion clauses and take out something else. Did u do equity?

Did anyone answer q1 on the EU paper yday? I just gave info re the relevant institutions, had nothing about the effects from Lisbon. Just wondering would I pick up some marks for it? I'm aware it was about the effects of the lisbon treaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Lumi77 wrote: »
    I would do terms and exclusion clauses and take out something else. Did u do equity?

Yes! I passed Equity last sitting. Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement

Yes! I passed Equity last sitting. Thanks for the advice!

They overlap so you should remember most chapters as you know.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawbee3

Not a chance you'd get away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

If they let people bring print outs of the legislation we'd all be doing it besides spending our hard earned cash on them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

Anyone who has done Property or has done property able to tell me how important mortgages is? Because I'm trying get to learn it but I've no idea what way to cover it. I know that there's apparently a couple of chapters you can't leave out in property like Landlord and tenant etc, is mortgages one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Came up last time so you could chance leaving it out but then you should probably so landlord instead

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stall

Hi, In property law for findings, if you find something on the land as a tresspasser do you still have the next best title to the object after the true owner?
    Also if you find something under the land who is entititled to it if the property is leased?The landlord or the person leasing the land?
    Sorry for all the questions I'm just completely confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

stall wrote: »
    Hi, In property law for findings, if you find something on the land as a tresspasser do you still have the next best title to the object after the true owner?
    Also if you find something under the land who is entititled to it if the property is leased?The landlord or the person leasing the land?
    Sorry for all the questions I'm just completely confused!

Trespassing doesn't change the rule. If item is above the ground the true owner has the best title followed by finder.
    If the item is below the ground the owner of the freehold title has the best claim on the item not the person with the leasehold interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

Hey everyone, can anyone advise whether I am cutting it very fine for Constitutional?? I know people say you cant leave out any topics etc but I have 2 other exams to focus on in the mean time..

I have notes prepared for the following;
    1. Amending the Constitution
    2. The Attorney General
    3. The President
    5. The Courts
    4. Judicial Review
    5. Findings of Constitutionality
    6. Separation of Powers
    7. Fundamental Rights
    8. Personal Rights
    9. Due Course of Law and Due Process
    9. Property Rights
    10. Equality
    12. Inviolability of the Dwelling
    13. Freedom of Expression
    14. Freedom of Religion
    15. Family and Education
    16. Fair procedure
    17. Right to Silence

Intended on leaving out constitutional interpretation as it came up last paper...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

Bayb12 wrote: »
    Anyone who has got all 8 would you recommend doing company constitutional criminal or tort EU and criminal?

You may already have chosen, but I thought I'd answer anyway. There is not much difference between the two. In my opinion Criminal Law is a lighter syllabus than the others with less tricky material.

Try to avoid stigmatising some subjects over others; you have to sit them all eventually.

• Advertisement

Dose anyone have past exam papers for Constitution with examiner reports that I could get? I have material in everything else that I could trade with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement