Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

20029422 wrote: »
    ah right il study it anyway just in case I have trustees.charitable trusts,cypres, resulting, express trusts, constitution trusts, secret trusts,specific performance and am going to pick a few more out of the rest don't want to skip much any ideas on what to study would be grateful

Yes I think it's worth studying alright, it comes up often enough. If it comes up this sitting it's most likely going to be a question on the 7 defences to it.

Injunctions is what I'd advise you to study. Mareva injunctions did not appear last sitting. I think it was quia timet injunctions that came up last sitting but I'm repeating equity so I may not be the best person to ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

Yes I think it's worth studying alright, it comes up often enough. If it comes up this sitting it's most likely going to be a question on the 7 defences to it.

Injunctions is what I'd advise you to study. Mareva injunctions did not appear last sitting. I think it was quia timet injunctions that came up last sitting but I'm repeating equity so I may not be the best person to ask :pac:

thanks.I will study injunctions aswel maybe a few of them to make sure as I don't like rectification and rescission so have to do most of the rest of the chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Make sure you cover both interlocutory and Mareva injunctions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Make sure you cover both interlocutory and Mareva injunctions!

Shall do. Had bare bones of interlocutory and QT injunctions done for last sitting but didn't feel I could answer the question that came up. If I'd spent more time on them maybe I'd have passed :( I wasn't too far the 50% at all... oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Looking about doing everything in contract except for illegal and void contracts?
    Any thoughts on this? Or any other topics you think I should leave out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 clare2015

Anyone happen to have uptodate eu,constitutional or company grid?happy to exchange what I have for the other subjects im just struggling to find the above!thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Looking about doing everything in contract except for illegal and void contracts?
    Any thoughts on this? Or any other topics you think I should leave out?

There were a lot of mixed questions on the October paper so I think it is a good idea to cover everything. I would imagine you're okay leaving out those two but I'd recommend learning as much as you can; even a general idea and a few cases if you're stuck for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

clare2015 wrote: »
    Anyone happen to have uptodate eu,constitutional or company grid?happy to exchange what I have for the other subjects im just struggling to find the above!thanks

PM me with your email!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ElmK2016

Anyone have an up to date criminal grid? Also trying to track down pdf version of criminal exam papers and reports.

Have pretty much everything else for all other subjects so will happily swap!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone able tell me if the proposed referendum regarding the investigative powers of Oireachtas sub-committees following Maguire v Ardagh ever went ahead? My manual is from the last sitting but for some it says that the referendum has been mooted for October 2011 so I'm guessing it should have taken place by now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, the Kangaroo Courts referendum, happened ages ago and was thankfully defeated. They ran it alongside the judges' pay referendum and unfortunately vast numbers of idiots voted to allow the government to interfere in judicial salaries as they please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone able tell me if the proposed referendum regarding the investigative powers of Oireachtas sub-committees following Maguire v Ardagh ever went ahead? My manual is from the last sitting but for some it says that the referendum has been mooted for October 2011 so I'm guessing it should have taken place by now.
    Thirtieth Amendment, which was mercifully denied given the ****show that the PAC becomes whenever there's cheap points to be scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thanks for the help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

ElmK2016 wrote: »
    Anyone have an up to date criminal grid? Also trying to track down pdf version of criminal exam papers and reports.

Cheers

Hey Elm - PM email, will send what I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Cheers

I have them of you pm me your email.I don't suppose you have any sample answers on any topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Can anyone advise me on what topics to focus on for Constitutional? It's my last exam & I'm very nervous about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

MarySmyth wrote: »
    Exams March 2017

Do we know where exams will be this year?

Red cow Moran hotel

MarySmyth wrote: »
    Exams March 2017

Do we know where exams will be this year?

Red cow Moran hotel

Cheers

Pm me
    I can sort u on Monday

I've old sample answers if u want them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Hi what dates do the exams start in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

thestar wrote: »
    Hi what dates do the exams start in March?

Wednesday 1st March

Wednesday 01 March Equity
    Thursday 02 March Company Law
    Friday 03 March EU Law
    Thursday 09 March Tort
    Friday 10 March Constitutional Law
    Monday 13 March Criminal Law
    Tuesday 14 March Law of Property
    Wednesday 15 March Contract

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lori1980

Hi all, sitting my first 4 in March and a bit behind on Company and EU!Would anyone be so kind as to have an uptodate copy of either and i can send you on what i have in return?thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tobeginbegin

Does anyone know of any recent CoJ cases that might be ripe of examination on the case note question for EU?

I have a grid with most of the cases previously asked. Just checking in case there is any major decisions as of recent that have not appeared on exam paper yet.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RedBlanket

Does anyone have any notes/exam grid for tort? I can exchange equity and contract notes! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

For property, I am leaving out tenure, freehold estates, hybrid estates, trusts of lands and maybe mortgages?
    Is this a big risk to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

With regards to legislative sources, for Eu I can bring in Blackstone can't I?
    And for property is there any acts which you can bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 legaleagle2010

Hi,

Im considering sitting the FE1s later this year. I wonder if somebody would be good enough to send me a few sample answers so that i can see the detail required? Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

Did Separate Legal Personality come up in Octobers Company paper? Actually, if anyone could tell me what the question topics were I would be much obliged.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hi everyone. I'm a little late to the party. I didn't expect to be doing them until later in the year but my boss gave me a kick up the arse last week. He wants me to make a stab at my first three, so here I am!

I'm starting on property tonight. I'm gonna have to hedge my bets and leave out a few topics (is that what everyone does?). I'm just wondering what are the ones that I have to do (i.e. the ones I'd be mad to skip)? I hear there are two questions on the Succession Act each year. Is that still the case?

Many thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement