Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Anyone else get connection problems trying to connect to online races in Fast RMX? I get a race maybe every 10 attempts. All other attempts give me an error.

My Nat type is B after doing the connection test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

VinLieger wrote: »
    Gonna test this later and just keep the thing on airplane mode docked and undocked to see what happens

I think airplane mode goes when its docked !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nintendo stuff is always dirt with wifi. I'd awful problems with my 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Also Switcherland was a missed opportunity. Neutral in the console wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Anyone ? Class ? Anyone ?

Yes. I found the isometric angle awful. It's like the hit box is off and counts your head as being in a blast when you're in front of it.

It's a lot better in multiplayer though as the camera shifts up a bit, but it's still silly not to have a proper top down view. The original Bomberman games were perfect in this regard, no need to arse around with the viewing angle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'm finding the Switch way worse than the 3DS. The 3DS is kind of slow for me but it connects, the Switch just won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

VinLieger wrote: »
    So charging and playing with a battery pack that outputs 2.4A seems to work for anyone who was looking into them

I have a vinsic (aliexpress) battery pack. 30% of it got my switch 50% (50 to 100/full)
    While playing puyotetris demo with gf on a bus.

I haven't had any WiFi or disconnect problems yet. I've not used the dock at all yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I'm finding the Switch way worse than the 3DS. The 3DS is kind of slow for me but it connects, the Switch just won't.

Mine is sitting about 2ft away from wifi homeplug when docked and it hits 1 or 2 bars at best while docked...

I take it out of dock in same spot and the odd time it pumps up to 3 bars...

I'm holding out for a FW update to sort out the worst of it, if it doesn't I will probably end up returning it...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I really hope it's fixed before Mario Kart comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Just noticed.

Half a decade and the 'I have a Wii U thread' hasn't needed to be closed while the original Switch thread has already hit 10,000 posts and been closed. Is this a good sign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Wii U pre-release thread had only reached 2,493 posts coming up to its launch and shortly afterwards, as opposed to the Switch one which reached almost 10,000. Either we're way more chatty about it, or more people were interested in discussing it. Either way, it's more indicative of greater interest than with the Wii U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There were a lot more trolls hoping to see the Switch die as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I am so thrilled that the Switch is thriving - I am not a Nintendo fanboy but I believe that many of us in our 30s have the means to own and play all 3 consoles so it is great to have such a variety of gaming - Gears and Forza on Xbox - PSVR and loads of mainstream games on PS4 and then the Switch offers us something completely different again.

I guess Nintendo tap in to the fact that all the little boys and girls that played their consoles back in the day still want to play - hence most of the adverts contain adults playing the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got the email that Binding of Isaac been shipped from Canada, can't wait, hopefully have it next week, and not nobbled with duty charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'm really enjoying it in general and LoZ is amazing but I kind of like turning off my tech and it is annoying that if you dock it/plug it in when it is turned completely off it goes into sleep mode/turns on (or is there a setting I'm missing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it in general and LoZ is amazing but I kind of like turning off my tech and it is annoying that if you dock it/plug it in when it is turned completely off it goes into sleep mode/turns on (or is there a setting I'm missing).
    Could it be something to do with the setting mentioned in this article? : http://m.imore.com/how-stop-your-nintendo-switch-taking-over-your-television

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SEGA have just Tweeted a tease for Project Sonic 2017 at SXSW Gaming. The event takes place in a couple of days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A new Sonic title...
    Sonic Mania might be great but I'd stay off of the Sonic cycle of i were you.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Just noticed.

Half a decade and the 'I have a Wii U thread' hasn't needed to be closed while the original Switch thread has already hit 10,000 posts and been closed. Is this a good sign?
    Star Lord wrote: »
    The Wii U pre-release thread had only reached 2,493 posts coming up to its launch and shortly afterwards, as opposed to the Switch one which reached almost 10,000. Either we're way more chatty about it, or more people were interested in discussing it. Either way, it's more indicative of greater interest than with the Wii U.

I will say that the Switch thread was full of wild speculation. Up until less than 5 months ago we had no idea what the Switch looked like. The real presentation was 2 months ago and it was by far the latest that Nintendo had left it before revealing information about new hardware. And even now there's still a load of information about the Switch that's still unknown. I can see why they left everything so late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A new Sonic title...
    Sonic Mania might be great but I'd stay off of the Sonic cycle of i were you.

Hey now, Colours and Generations were fantastic!

I add, as I quietly ignore Heroes, Adventure 1 and 2, Unleashed, '06, Black Knight, Secret Rings, Sonic 4, Lost World (THEY WERE GETTING IT SO RIGHT) and those Boom monstrosities.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New ad. They're definitely pushing it harder than the Wii U.

South Park are teasing something Nintendo related. If I was to guess I'd say that a port of Ubisoft's The Stick of Truth is coming to Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I just got the email that Binding of Isaac been shipped from Canada, can't wait, hopefully have it next week, and not nobbled with duty charges!

If you got it from VGP you should not have any customs issues, been using them for years with no problems along with a lot of other users, they just say it is a cheap toy on the package, usually takes between 10-12 days to arrive unless you go the UPS/DHL way and then takes about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »

South Park are teasing something Nintendo related. If I was to guess I'd say that a port of Ubisoft's The Stick of Truth is coming to Switch.

Or the Fractured But Whole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ohhhhhhh wuuuuuuttttttt

Double pack would make me so happy. Never got around to TSOT despite buying it once and getting a loan of a friend twice. Something else kept getting played.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, at this stage, I'd hope it's The Fractured But Whole rather than Stick of Truth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage, I'd hope it's The Fractured But Whole rather than Stick of Truth

Isn't that delayed again? Coming out sometime before April 2018 or something. They'd be a great addition though, from what I remember of Stick of Truth it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Had it pre ordered on a site but problem with credit card led to order been canceled and couldn't re order it but bought a copy on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire is available to download in Japan now. Could be later today for EU and US.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/you_can_now_download_the_splatoon_2_global_testfire_on_your_switch_but_theres_a_catch

It won't do anything until the 24th and will take up 408mb of space.

Advertisement