Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mr E wrote: »
    There is no Virtual Console on Switch

Speak for yourself :o

IMG-20181213-193946.jpg

IMG-20181213-194029.jpg

IMG-20181213-194037.jpg

IMG-20181213-194113.jpg

IMG-20181213-194204.jpg

IMG-20181213-194259.jpg

IMG-20181213-194338.jpg

IMG-20181213-194447.jpg

IMG-20181213-194602.jpg

IMG-20181213-194644.jpg

IMG-20181213-194930.jpg

IMG-20181213-194956.jpg

IMG-20181213-195049.jpg

IMG-20181213-195153.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just got my switch a few weeks ago. Currently delving into hollow knights its great for playing handheld. But just noticed last night that the left joy con is making a "springy" noise at positions 12 and 6 is anyone else joy con like this ?

I googled it and it seems to be common but not an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone played both Everspace and Starlink? Need to get my Space on....

Also, in the UK, Starlink is now £18 in-store in Smyths, £25 online, which should put it around €25 instore if our shops are following suit. If you're passing, like....

(BTW, can't remember what thread the Aldi keyring discussion was on, but got an Orange inkling, 2 Peaches, Link and the Hylian Shield. And a gnawing regret that I could have had GRIS and a bag of chips for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Banjo wrote: »

Also, in the UK, Starlink is now £18 in-store in Smyths, £25 online, which should put it around €25 instore if our shops are following suit. If you're passing, like....

(BTW, can't remember what thread the Aldi keyring discussion was on, but got an Orange inkling, 2 Peaches, Link and the Hylian Shield. And a gnawing regret that I could have had GRIS and a bag of chips for that money.

Sadly I've only played Starlink. Picked it up here for €30 in Smyths. Really enjoying it so far. Well worth 30. And I'm playing with my pro controller, not the grip with the ship on top. I've put my Arwing on display on a shelf instead.
    Everspace does look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Join the Regret Club. I don't know what I was thinking, I wasted €20 on them and like yourself I was pondering what I could have spent that money more fruitfully on. Instead they're lying here in their own filth(empty wrappers), staring at me. I can hear them laughing and mocking me behind my back. :p

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sweet Reserved can't not pick it up at that price.

I wonder if this is Wii U's Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. That was a similar disaster sales wise. Dropped in price massively and rapidly, and you could buy it for €5, still can. I think I heard it's even ended up in those €1 shops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Use the Arwing from the off, the other ship included is strong but slow.

It's a very fun game and there isn't much locked away behind the other weapons (gravity and siege are the other weapon types so some item boxes will be beyond your reach without purchasing them).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice! :) Just reserved for click and collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thats a great price for Starlink. It really has tumbled in price lately. The whole 'added toys' thing does seem leave a bad taste in retailers mouth, regardless of the quality of the game, as Starlink has reviewed very well (unlike Amiibo Festival) Win-win for buyers though getting it for that price.

I suspect Santa may be bringing it, otherwise I'd be buying it in a shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Damn, I'm tempted.

Do you still need to scan the toys once a week though to 'remind' it you have the ships/guns?

Is it worthwhile getting the missing ships/pilots/guns at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Going to nip in on my lunch break, gods know that I won't probably play it, but €20 for a model Arwing, Fox and a free game, what's not to love!

I get the impression that the Switch version is the best of them.

I mean, the base game is the same and we get Starfox missions as well, so all good.

Scanning the toys is only required for stuff you get that's NOT in the starter pack. Those are permanently unlocked digitally.

When you start, you're asked if you want to play Physical or Digital. You cannot add Digitally-unlocked upgrades to Physical ships and vice versa, but scanning a physical toy or weapon or wing adds it to your Digital collection for 7 days.

In practice, this means you cannot start the game using the physical Arwing and switch to a wing or weapon type you bought off the eShop. I think. I haven't bought it, I'm just googling!

What I'm trying to find out is can you buy 1 ship or weapon pack and cover off what's missing from your arsenal...

Edit : Looks like the Lance comes with the Imploder, a Gravity Seige weapon.... hmmmmm

Edit 2 :
    OK, bargain hunters, here's what I've learned.
    The damage types are Heat, Cold, Kinetic, Gravity, Overheat and Stasis.
    You get the Flamethrower (heat), Frost Barrage (cold) and Shredder (Kinetic) in the box, albeit some of them are digital.
    That leaves Gravity (Crusher, Imploder, Nullifier), Stasis (Levitator) and Overheat (Meteor, Volcano) to cover off.

The Imploder, Nullifier, Volcano and Levitator are bundled singularly with 4 different ships.
    The Metor is packaged with a cold weapon (Hailstorm).
    The Crusher is packaged with the Shredder that you already have digitally.

To get one of each you're going to need to buy at least 1 ship (Neptune for Stasis) and a weapon pack (Overheat), plus either a weapon pack with a double weapon or one of 2 ships (Nadir or Lance) for Gravity.

Wait a minute, wasn't this supposed to be cheap? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Click and collected it. 20 is too good

Wait a minute, wasn't this supposed to be cheap? :D

and isn't there a Cerberus Ship with Shockwave weapon, and Scramble ship with Fury Cannon

This bargain alert is going to cost me all of the monies!

Grassey wrote: »
    and isn't there a Cerberus Ship with Shockwave weapon, and Scramble ship with Fury Cannon

This bargain alert is going to cost me all of the monies!

Fury cannon is another Heat weapon, Cerebus is the Gamestop exclusive that's just a combination of other **** you can buy in different packs with a new paint job. It's the Lance body, some other wings on backwards and the shockwave gun that you already own 2 of :D - I'm focussing on max/min spending!

Edit :
    oooooh looks like owning 2 physical copies of the same weapon gives you a bonus - the same mods are applied to both weapons and they fire and track in sync - that's not available digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I jumped a week too soon at €30. Sad times.

It's possible, next week or next month, people will be saying the same thing about paying €20 for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

'Click & Collect not available on this item. Stock available in-store shown above.'

That wasn't the case earlier was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I went down at lunchtime and I was told the click and collect system was down. The C&C money is held in escrow and transferred to Smyths. They had no record of the transfer so they couldn't give me my order.

I was told that if I bought it off the shelf and ignored the C&C order, the C&C order would be automatically cancelled after 48 hours and money would be would be refunded to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Click n Collect at Smyth's seems to be working again, just ordered Starlink for collection. Thanks for posting the links earlier!

Went in and picked one up, got my c&c email as I was getting back into the car 🀣

So if anyone misses out I've a c&c for the next 48hours

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There were 6 here when I looked this afternoon. Just got one now and looks like was the last

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would a Bayonetta code included with Bayonetta 2 from here work with a German account? I bought it as a present and only occurred to me now that it mightn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would a Bayonetta code included with Bayonetta 2 from here work with a German account? I bought it as a present and only occurred to me now that it mightn't work

The switch is region free so there shouldnt be any issue, the only thing i can think of it being an issue is if the game itself is actually banned in Germany, which im pretty certain it isnt.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just got handed my annual Xmas voucher from work.

I had originally planned to get a switch but held off, been really wanting one last while. Considering I can knock a fair whack of one, think I should pull the trigger. Just trying to suss out a bundle.

Games of immediate interest are Pokemon, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey. Smash Bros and Zelda are of interest but not sure if I want them straight of the bat.

Have to say pricing on the switch and bundles are very odd. Best I can see is Currys have the MArio Kart bundle for 320, and then Pokemon on top will make it what €380? Although doesn't seem to show as in stock anywhere.

It's a me2u voucher so looking at Smyths, Argos, Tesco or Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TheDoc wrote: »

I had originally planned to get a switch but held off, been really wanting one last while. Considering I can knock a fair whack of one, think I should pull the trigger. Just trying to suss out a bundle.

Games of immediate interest are Pokemon, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey. Smash Bros and Zelda are of interest but not sure if I want them straight of the bat.

Have to say pricing on the switch and bundles are very odd. Best I can see is Currys have the MArio Kart bundle for 320, and then Pokemon on top will make it what €380? Although doesn't seem to show as in stock anywhere.

Just went to look at smyths there, i got my switch last week and got the mario kart bundle along with Pokemon lets go for €350. They appear to be sold out now though as their console bundles have drastically reduced in terms of options. :(

I have been scanning for the last two months myself so jumped on that deal as soon as i saw it as i knew it would be the best by miles this side of Christmas. So my advice would be to hold off until after christmas. Pick up another game for a system you have to tide you over the festive season:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    Just went to look at smyths there, i got my switch last week and got the mario kart bundle along with Pokemon lets go for €350. They appear to be sold out now though as their console bundles have drastically reduced in terms of options. :(

I have been scanning for the last two months myself so jumped on that deal as soon as i saw it as i knew it would be the best by miles this side of Christmas. So my advice would be to hold off until after christmas. Pick up another game for a system you have to tide you over the festive season:)

Wow that’s a great deal. Didn’t see that at all. I’ve been keeping an eye out over the last while.

I’ve too many things playing at the moment. Major reason I keep changing my mind on the switch is because I’m playing other things or spend too much time on specific pc games.

Could change my mind again to be honest. I know Nintendo’s model on pricing, but doesn’t lend itself well to pushing people who are on the fence

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TheDoc wrote: »

Me too! I got my.... Ah, who am I kidding, I work for the HSE... I get a free flu jab once a year and that's my lot!

Advertisement