Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

I think people are missing the point, its the promise of the 3rd party support from the get go, everyone was expecting more support from 3rd parties but it really hasn't materialised apart from Bethesda (who charge a premium for the privilege compared to other systems).

87z250ng1nsx.jpg

Most of those companies have made games for the switch. Only one that I can't think of a game for is maybe Activision?

Logo reels like that are a part of every console announcement though. They don't mean anything other than a vague promise to put something on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

megaten wrote: »
    Most of those companies have made games for the switch. Only one that I can't think of a game for is maybe Activision?

Logo reels like that are a part of every console announcement though. They don't mean anything other than a vague promise to put something on the system.

I get that I do, but its how it was announced as if to say look we know we screwed up on the wii u with the lack of 3rd party support but look who is onboard already! they kinda insinuated the switch would have much better 3rd party support. If Nintendo can manage to get the cloud streaming working RE7 AC correctly and at a cost that makes sense (not renting the game in other words) then I think this will appease me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got an email from Unisoft with a survey about Nintendo Switch. Lots of detail in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just picked up Donkey Kong and a 50EUR Estore voucher. What's the best use for the voucher? A fully fledged game or loads of indie/classics?

Also, worth subbing to online for NES games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

shuffles03 wrote:

Absolutely not worth it for the NES games. Unless you play a lot online don't bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

ERG89 wrote: »
    Absolutely not worth it for the NES games. Unless you play a lot online don't bother with it.

Any suggestions for the 50EUR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

shuffles03 wrote:

Into The Breach, Stardew Valley, Celeste, Dead Cells, Okami HD, Steamworld Dig 2 or Heist.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »

Hollow Knight or just keep the credit until something catches your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just picked up Donkey Kong and a 50EUR Estore voucher. What's the best use for the voucher? A fully fledged game or loads of indie/classics?

Undertale!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know why Diablo 3 isnt showing up in my 'local' Eshop here in SA? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know why Diablo 3 isnt showing up in my 'local' Eshop here in SA? :)

Is it on the search? It disappeared from my coming soon section, but still showed up in a search

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I see a second Switch in my future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

chrislad wrote: »
    Is it on the search? It disappeared from my coming soon section, but still showed up in a search

Tried the search last night but didnt come up and checked eshop prices website and the only store it didnt show a price for was the SA store, which is weird :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone else excited to see Dark Souls out this Friday for the Switch?
    Despite owning it on a couple of other formats I can't wait.
    Such a deep and amazing title.

Rumour too that Nintendo/From Software are going to use the tools for it's development to also bring us Dark Souls 2, which would be remarkable. https://mobile.twitter.com/leakypandy/status/1032408098382606336?s=21

The third title is where it will hopefully go, as that game mitres nicely with the plot and locations of the first, a very very clever franchise of titles.

I'll be interested to see the ongoing implementation of the game, both in online and offline modes, as the game essentially lives within a live network and it adds massively to the experience the game offers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maaan. I bought Super Mario Party a few weeks ago, was going to play with the wife at the weekend and I've come to realise I've displaced the box somewhere. Sad times.

Dark Souls never clicked with me sadly. Always seemed a shame, as its so highly regarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just back from Japan.

The switch is huge over there and the ps vita!!!.

I picked up a few games that have hard copy's over there and work in English for my switch.

But akiborea is nerds dream. Video games shops ever were. Toys everywhere. Maid cafes seem to be a strange but poplar thing to....

A must vist County for anyone and I wonder why people head to the USA when asain country's are so different.

Just back from Japan.

The switch is huge over there and the ps vita!!!.

I picked up a few games that have hard copy's over there and work in English for my switch.

But akiborea is nerds dream. Video games shops ever were. Toys everywhere. Maid cafes seem to be a strange but poplar thing to....

A must vist County for anyone and I wonder why people head to the USA when asain country's are so different.

If Persona has taught me anything it's that maid cafe's are a easy an safe way to raise your charisma level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

OSI wrote: »
    I'm 50/50 on Dark Souls. I think it's deeply flawed, and I think a lot of people give it too much of a pass on that because of it's cult status, but it can be very satisfying when you manage to pull off some of the more challenging sections.

My only reservation is how ergonomic it will be while playing with the Joycons. I'm always wary of high praise but it is certainly a defining moment in gaming (well Demon Souls is) and spawned a genre all by itself. Salt & Sanctuary on the eShop is basically a 2D Dark Souls by the way.

There is a great video on YouTube about how fantastic Bloodborne is but also how it breathed new life into Dark Souls and made it a lot more enjoyable to those who were indifferent to it at the beginning. It's an hour and a half long though but definately worth a watch if you're interested in the genre.

Basically it explains that people at first played Dark Souls very defensively, hiding behind their shield as the enemies you face are of course extremely dangerous relative to the enemies you may have faced in similar looking third person games. Bloodborne forces you to to play aggressively which is much more enjoyable. Players then applied this same aggresive play style to Dark Souls (within reason) which resulted in a much more positive experience.

The core ethos of the game doesn't change though. The harsh penalties are still in place so if it's not your type of game then no big deal. I just found it interesting that somehow From Software communicated in a future game, how to play and enjoy one of their previous games better! :)

There is in fact one shield in Bloodborne but it's there purely to poke fun. The ingame description reads:

"A crude wooden shield used by the masses who have arisen to join the hunt.
    Hunters do not normally employ shields, ineffectual against the strength of the beasts as they tend to be.
    Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity."

Anyway, g'wan Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

fixxxer wrote: »
    If Persona has taught me anything it's that maid cafe's are a easy an safe way to raise your charisma level.

I really must open my copy of persona 5!!!.

Host bars are also another strange thing were girls pay crazy amount of money so guys will speak to them!!!.

Such a intrasting country were you just learn not to be shocked by a rabbit on a lead dressed as a maid...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah I've been in Japan a few times. Akihabaras grand for a few days but then it sort of just drains you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OSI wrote: »
    I'm 50/50 on Dark Souls. I think it's deeply flawed, and I think a lot of people give it too much of a pass on that because of it's cult status, but it can be very satisfying when you manage to pull off some of the more challenging sections.

It's really.about learning from death, your own mostly.
    But no, not flawed at all, possibly one of the most crafted games I've ever played, consistent in terms of mechanics and cohesive in terms of locations.

I probably prefer Bloodborne but that's a Sony only property, the combat is swift though death is often only corners turn away

Pac1Man wrote: »
    "A crude wooden shield used by the masses who have arisen to join the hunt.
    Hunters do not normally employ shields, ineffectual against the strength of the beasts as they tend to be.
    Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity."

I remember that!
    Veterans of Demons and Dark Souls would have responded with an arched eyebrow and a titter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ooof that's sad news. So guess the Switch isn't a port machine after all!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ooof that's sad news. So guess the Switch isn't a port machine after all!

Rail-mounted-harbor-crane-quayside-container-crane.jpg_300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It will be interesting to see if the secondhand prices go up now.

The Wii U finally has an exclusive!

• Advertisement

Advertisement